Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Top 5 SRS teams that MJ/Lebron beat with poor stats from #2 (aka carry-jobs)

Jordan

1989 First Rd vs Cavs (#1 SRS, 57 wins)... 15.0 on 40% from Pippen

1996 Finals vs Sonics (#2 SRS, 64 wins)... 15.7 on 34% from Pippen

1997 ECF vs. Miami (#4 SRS, 61 wins)...... 16.8 on 42% from Pippen

1998 ECF vs. Pacers (#4 SRS, 58 wins)..... 16.6 on 39% from Pippen

1998 Finals vs Jazz (#5 SRS, 62 wins)...... 15.7 on 41% from Pippen

Lebton

no data available

Lebron has never carried a team to victory against anyone decent because he always needed great sidekick production when he beat top 5 SRS opponents
    Last edited by 3ball; 05-16-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Top 5 SRS teams that MJ/Lebron beat with poor stats from #2 (aka carry-jobs)

# of top 25 srs teams faced

lebron 5
    jordan 1

bye

Default Re: Top 5 SRS teams that MJ/Lebron beat with poor stats from #2 (aka carry-jobs)

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Jordan

1989 First Rd vs Cavs (#1 SRS, 57 wins)... 15.0 on 40% from Pippen

1996 Finals vs Sonics (#2 SRS, 64 wins)... 15.7 on 34% from Pippen

1997 ECF vs. Miami (#3 SRS, 60 wins)...... 16.7 on 38% from Pippen

1998 ECF vs. Pacers (#4 SRS, 58 wins)..... 16.2 on 40% from Pippen

1998 Finals vs Jazz (#2 SRS, 62 wins)...... 15.7 on 41% from Pippen

Lebton

no data available
    I mean sure, "no data is available" when you lie. The facts disagree though.

2011 ECF vs Bulls (#2 SRS, 62 wins)...18.8 on 49.8 TS% from Wade

2013 Finals vs Spurs (#3 SRS, 58 wins) 19.6 on 50.5 TS% from Wade

2015 ECF vs Hawks (#4 SRS, 60 wins) 13.5 PPG on 57.1 TS% from Kyrie (only played two games in limited minutes due to injury. Somehow LeBeast turned J.R. Smith into an 18 PPG on 66.4 TS% in this series though Created his own elite second option )

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

hawks and bulls

and if you consider dwayne wade a poor 2nd option, im revoking your heat fan card.

You're done.

It's not a carry job when MJ shot awfully himself in most of those series

He shot 33% from the field in the last 3 games of the 96 NBA finals against the Sonics

He shot a pathetic 38% against Miami in 97 which was worse than Pippen himself

And Pippen was arguably the best player in the 98 finals
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...398-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    hawks and bulls

and if you consider dwayne wade a poor 2nd option, im revoking your heat fan card.

You're done.
    How are you this stupid? I literally just used the criteria he used in the OP except I used TS% because it's a better measure of efficiency. I didn't give any opinions on what I thought of the teams or the second options.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    It's not a carry job when MJ shot awfully himself in most of those series

He shot 33% from the field in the last 3 games of the 96 NBA finals against the Sonics

He shot a pathetic 38% against Miami in 97 which was worse than Pippen himself

And Pippen was arguably the best player in the 98 finals
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...398-story.html
    Your article about the 98' Finals is thru 4 games, before Pippen got hurt and basically missed the last 2 games (8 and 6 pts, aka replacement player).. Even thru 4 games, MJ was outscoring Pippen by 12 ppg

And any poor efficiency for mj is due to his volume requirements - only MJ had to win rings with high volume (25 fga and/or 35% usage or higher - MJ won 4 rings this way)... That's why only MJ could win with the bulls - only he could fulfill the volume requirements at sufficient efficiency - no one else ever shot 45% at 25 fga except 95' Hakeem and MJ
    Last edited by 3ball; 05-16-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    I mean sure, "no data is available" when you lie. The facts disagree though.

2011 ECF vs Bulls (#2 SRS, 62 wins)...18.8 on 49.8 TS% from Wade

2013 Finals vs Spurs (#3 SRS, 58 wins) 19.6 on 50.5 TS% from Wade

2015 ECF vs Hawks (#4 SRS, 60 wins) 13.5 PPG on 57.1 TS% from Kyrie (only played two games in limited minutes due to injury. Somehow LeBeast turned J.R. Smith into an 18 PPG on 66.4 TS% in this series though Created his own elite second option )
    3ball?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

How are you this stupid? I literally just used the criteria he used in the OP except I used TS% because it's a better measure of efficiency. I didn't give any opinions on what I thought of the teams or the second options.
    MJ, Kobe, and Wade are the holy trinity of shooting guards.

the clyde drexler, manu, ray allen, iverson, harden etc. class was a huge step below them.

The fact that you listed dwayne wade as a "poor" 2nd option with regards to this thread invalidates your heat fandom mate.

I'm sorry.

3ball?

Wade showed similar true shooting but averaged 4-5 more ppg

All the series for Pippen were 15-16 ppg with 43-50 ts.. you posted Wade with 19-20 ppg and 50 ts..

and then JR Smith with 18 on 67 ts ridiculous shooting.. more like his denver days

the clyde drexler, manu, ray allen, iverson, harden etc. class was a huge step below them.

The fact that you listed dwayne wade as a "poor" 2nd option with regards to this thread invalidates your heat fandom mate.

I'm sorry.
    When did I say Wade was a poor second option you moron? OP said LeBron never beat a top 5 SRS team in the playoffs with poor statistical output from his second options. Are you denying Wade had weak statistical outputs in the 11 ECF and 13 finals? Are 18.8 PPG on 49.8 TS% and 19.6 PPG on 50.5 TS% good scoring numbers now?

Seriously, you are making a case for dumbest poster on ISH.

Banned

When did I say Wade was a poor second option you moron? OP said LeBron never beat a top 5 SRS team in the playoffs with poor statistical output from his second options. Are you denying Wade had weak statistical outputs in the 11 ECF and 13 finals? Are 18.8 PPG on 49.8 TS% and 19.6 PPG on 50.5 TS% good scoring numbers now?

Seriously, you are making a case for dumbest poster on ISH.
    plus the other half of basketball...you know

rebounds, passing, defense

3ball has gone off the rocker

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Wade showed similar true shooting but averaged 4-5 more ppg

All the series for Pippen were 15-16 ppg with 43-50 ts.. you posted Wade with 19-20 ppg and 50 ts
    You asked for poor statistical support from second options. I'm sorry Wade's numbers weren't identical, but it still fits your criteria.

I'm sorry.
    Wade was definitely nothing special in '13 & '14, and he absolutely was poor in the 2014 Finals

You asked for poor statistical support from second options. I'm sorry Wade's numbers weren't identical, but it still fits your criteria.
    No, it doesn't.. 4-5 ppg is a lot

You couldn't identify any wins against good teams where wade averaged 15-16 on poor shooting - only MJ won woth that