Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default there are plenty of MJ and Lebron stans in sports media, but nearly ZERO kobe stans

just something i noticed. plenty of MJ stans like Wilbon, Adande, etc. Lebron stans like Windhorst, Nick Wright, etc, but no notable Kobe stans come in mind. why are kobe stans so underrepresented in the national media?

Default Re: there are plenty of MJ and Lebron stans in sports media, but nearly ZERO kobe sta

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY View Post
    just something i noticed. plenty of MJ stans like Wilbon, Adande, etc. Lebron stans like Windhorst, Nick Wright, etc, but no notable Kobe stans come in mind. why are kobe stans so underrepresented in the national media?
    Jemele Hill.

Default Re: there are plenty of MJ and Lebron stans in sports media, but nearly ZERO kobe sta

Skip is a Kobe stan. The conversation has centred on MJ and Lebron so whoever else you're a stan of is neither here nor there at that point. I mean guys like Kareem and Russell have been squarely removed from the conversation to focus on these two.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson if they count.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He's an all-time great player and may he rest in peace but it's too difficult to make an intelligent argument for Bryant as the greatest ever when the concensus GOAT is basically a better version.

Lots of former players like Mark Jackson, Matt Barnes and S-Jax are media members and have stanned hard for Kobe. I recall Mark Jackson putting Kobe over Jordan at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I recall Mark Jackson putting Kobe over Jordan at one point.
    I remember that as well.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Skip is a Kobe stan. The conversation has centred on MJ and Lebron so whoever else you're a stan of is neither here nor there at that point. I mean guys like Kareem and Russell have been squarely removed from the conversation to focus on these two.
    Yeah I think there are plenty of Kobe stans out there in media but because he no longer is in the conversation it doesn't manifest itself.

jemelle hill, that blonde bigger woman covering the lakers who gets retweeted, the dumb chick that used to be with stephen a and skip..

and the dumb ex ballers like barnes, s-jax, etc

mark jackson prolly cooled all that down. who knows. he might still think kobe is top 5