Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: I'm going to try and watch every Bulls playoff game from '90 to '98

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    I've seen every game on YouTube
    from 90 to 98? Every playoff game?

Facts Are Misleading

I don't know, I'm only on the '91 ECF series now. Long ways to go.

Jordan certainly closed this game out. Give him credit, it wasn't falling in the first half but he was even more aggressive in the second half looking for his shot.

I guess he smelled blood. Defensively he made one of the nicest shot contests I've seen coming from the wrakside to contest a fade away jumper on the other side of the floor and deflect the shot. Unbelievable

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

I don't know, I'm only on the '91 ECF series now. Long ways to go.

Jordan certainly closed this game out. Give him credit, it wasn't falling in the first half but he was even more aggressive in the second half looking for his shot.

I guess he smelled blood. Defensively he made one of the nicest shot contests I've seen coming from the wrakside to contest a fade away jumper on the other side of the floor and deflect the shot. Unbelievable
    Which game does this refer to?

Facts Are Misleading

Game 5 vs Philly

Great college starter

This is actually one of the coolest threads here. Respect for actually watching basketball instead of being one of the weirdo drama queens here obsessing over he say/she say nonsense

I can’t say I ever thought to watch all the games on YouTube. This thread will be fun to follow to see the contrast from the 1st 3peat to the 2nd. I was thinking of rewatching some of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and Big 3 Heat myself

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

I just watched one of the games in the opening round Knicks series and one thing that really stuck out.

Jordan doesn't have the ball in his hands much. I'd say BJ Armstrong and Pippen have the ball in their hands way more, not exactly creating for others but just running the offense.

Pippen wasn't great in this game. Quite a few bad turnovers, I didn't chart any defensive plays that stuck out (shutting down a driving Lane off an ISO, a great closeout, rotation, etc) beside a nice first half charge he took in a fast break situation.

Quite a different way Jordan is playing as compared to many stars today. Harden/LeBron have the ball in his hands more in half a quarter than Jordan an entire game if this pattern continues throughout the '90 playoff run.
    Watching the 92 finals right now and that's the first thing that I noticed

I like how Jordan doesn't waste his movements when he touches the ball, superstar players today do a lot of unnecessary dribbles when they have the ball whilst Jordan has a more methodical approach to his game

Facts Are Misleading

Jordan has been pretty bad in game 1 through three quarters. Pippen kept the team afloat in the third Q he was absolutely dominant on both sides of the ball, he had four noteworthy defensive plays alone.

This is the defensive Pippen I've been looking for.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Which game are you up to now?

Facts Are Misleading

I just finished game 1 against the Pistons.

The unit to start the 4th Q was great for the Bulls, it allowed Pippen and Jordan to rest for six minutes of the fourth Q and they extended the lead.

Pippen was definitely the best player for the Bulls in this one, but it was a collective team win for sure. Jordan in my opinion was a negative player in this one.

Vinny and Maguire were great for Detroit. Pistons got nothing from Lambier.

I just finished game 1 against the Pistons.

The unit to start the 4th Q was great for the Bulls, it allowed Pippen and Jordan to rest for six minutes of the fourth Q and they extended the lead.

Pippen was definitely the best player for the Bulls in this one, but it was a collective team win for sure. Jordan in my opinion was a negative player in this one.

Vinny and Maguire were great for Detroit. Pistons got nothing from Lambier.
    MJ was 22/6/3 in this one, 6/15 from the floor. Pretty pedestrian game by his standards. Pip was 18/2/5 but most importantly 6 steals and 5 blocks.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Watching the 92 finals right now and that's the first thing that I noticed

I like how Jordan doesn't waste his movements when he touches the ball, superstar players today do a lot of unnecessary dribbles when they have the ball whilst Jordan has a more methodical approach to his game
    Wrong account?

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Wrong account?
    Possibly but if not, he’s watching and learning

That’s a good thing, regardless of what his takeaways are

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Wrong account?
    Is it that shocking that I said something positive about Jordan

Wrong account?
    I was thinking the same lol. No trolling or emojis?

Facts Are Misleading

Through a game and a half Pippen has been the best player. I'm more than a halfway through this playoff run and in no way shape or form is Jordan carrying bums or carrying anything really. It's not a one man show. It's a really really good team.

Everytime I look the Bulls front court is lurking the other teams front court. Outscoring them by 20+ type murking.

Dumars was going at Jordan in the first half and scoring against him. Pippens defense has been great, very active.

Things can change, but I'm not exactly sure why people don't think of this as a true partnership ring so far through this many games. Sidekick ring is kind of insulting to what Pippen has done so far.

Ive been speaking more negatively on Jordan than I was assuming I would. I think he's the GOAT, but that doesn't mean my objectivity is compromised. The film is there for anyone to see.

Maybe Jordan explodes and carries them the rest of the way, I don't know. We'll see.