Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: I'm going to try and watch every Bulls playoff game from '90 to '98

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy View Post
    Your MJ analysis leaves a lot to be desired, to be honest. You barely dedicate a comment to some of his more dominant games during this run (ECS Games 3&5, ECF Game 2, Finals Game 2). Barely anything on his skill-set besides his triple threat ability early in the 1st round against NYK.

And 1991 MJ is not just prime MJ, it's peak MJ. His best blend of skill, athleticism and mentality. Definitely the version I would pick over any other going into a playoff series. His game becomes more jump shot-dependent after this season and by no means does he retain anywhere close to 99% of his athleticism by 1993. Maybe you were expecting to see more "skills"? More jumpers, more fadeaways, more fancy footwork....but he didn't need that as much in 1991. He was still a beast athletically.

If you are not that impressed by his 31/6/8/52% + dominant advanced statistics playoff run of 1991 - which was statistically his best of the 6 championship runs by far, then you are definitely gonna be less impressed by the following 5.
    Let's face it

If you think this loser is actually watching the games you're slipping

He isn't.. this thread is a troll

His commentary on the games is a joke and usually inaccurate.. MJ is dominating more than anyone ever has, yet this fool barely mentions it and usually backhand slaps one of the greatest performances ever instead.. Jordan destroyed a top 5 all-time player yet he's barely mentioning HOW
    Last edited by 3ball; 05-30-2020 at 12:29 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    First of all I've been plenty fair to Jordan. I mentioned his fantastic game 2, but also gave credit to other payers as well in the same game. I specifically mentioned Jordan along with 3 other Bulls as to the reason why game 2 was a comfortable win.
    You literally lumped MJ's historically great game 2 of the Finals where he had 33/13 on 15-18 FG with the rest of the team in 1 line. He absolutely dominated that game.

He had 46 points in Game 3 against Philly while hobbling and literally the only thing you mentioned was his missed FTs in the clutch

You have talked 10x more about whatever shortcomings he has had defensively . I don't know what type of expectations you went into this playoff run with, but your analysis doesn't come off very balanced.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    Let's face it

If you think this loser is actually watching the games you're slipping

He isn't.. this thread is a troll

His commentary on the games is a joke and usually inaccurate.. MJ is dominating more than anyone ever has, yet this fool barely mentions it and usually backhand slaps one of the greatest performances ever instead.. Jordan destroyed a top 5 all-time player yet he's barely mentioning HOW
    Someone is having a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Someone is having a meltdown.
    It isn't a meltdown, you're just uncreative and can't say anything else

Why wouldn't he say HOW jordan is decimating a top 5 all-time player on the biggest stage - Magic was the modern goat at the time.

You think it's a coincidence that MJ nearly matched Magic in assists? MJ wanted to beat Magic at his strength and almost did... He did beat Magic at passing because the 91' Finals was the first time anyone averaged 10+ apg without playing PG or bringing the ball up, aka goat passing

lol @ this half-baked analysis.

"Nah man. Jordan was ordinary in 1991. He must have been better YEARS later."

This is probably 'Roundball_Rock' looking for another way to denigrate Jordan.

Facts Are Misleading

It's be funny to watch one of these games with 3ball and hear his thoughts as Magic bully's Jordan in the post again.... And again.... And again.

Jordan just had a great defensive possession on Teagle forcing a junk shot, then got an easy layup on the other end.

Magic is on the bench btw

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball View Post
    It isn't a meltdown, you're just uncreative and can't say anything else

Why wouldn't he say HOW jordan is decimating a top 5 all-time player on the biggest stage - Magic was the modern goat at the time.

You think it's a coincidence that MJ nearly matched Magic in assists? MJ wanted to beat Magic at his strength and almost did... He did beat Magic at passing because the 91' Finals was the first time anyone averaged 10+ apg without playing PG or bringing the ball up, aka goat passing
    You just personally attacked another user over his analysis of basketball game(s), it's a meltdown.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

You literally lumped MJ's historically great game 2 of the Finals where he had 33/13 on 15-18 FG with the rest of the team in 1 line. He absolutely dominated that game.

He had 46 points in Game 3 against Philly while hobbling and literally the only thing you mentioned was his missed FTs in the clutch

You have talked 10x more about whatever shortcomings he has had defensively . I don't know what type of expectations you went into this playoff run with, but your analysis doesn't come off very balanced.
    he's basically watching from an angle of MJ bad teammates good to sum it up consicely.

like a last dance contrarian call for attention critique.

Being the primary defender on Magic would mean something if he actually made it tough for Magic. If he did what Iggy did to LeBron in the finals, sure that would be an amazing feat. That's not what happened in this series.
    Magic could score 5 points in a game and you didn't stop him. You look at the assist column and he's got like 17 assists and 3 other players all have 20 points, a good portion off his dimes.

Lebron dropped 36/13/9 on Iggy, albeit on low efficiency. You look at those numbers and he actually let Iggy off the hook because he wasnt punishing him out of the post like Magic could. If Lebron actually had the post game( at Magics level) or the aptitude to consistently get down there and use his size, athleticism and ambidextrous ability that may have been an even more interesting series.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 05-30-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    You just personally attacked another user over his analysis of basketball game(s), it's a meltdown.
    It's fair because lying is bad and wastes people's time.. that's an egregious offense and I'm right for calling it out.. name-calling is nothing by comparison so your bias shows here

I did note that the game 2 when he went off for like 13 shots in a row seemed mostly glossed over and blended in with everything else. If there was one moment to recognize the level MJ was on when firing on all cylinders, that would have been it.

Facts Are Misleading

I think if you reread this thread and note the times I have talked about Jordans defense, it's overwhelmingly positive. He just can't do anything with Magic, no shame in that.

Regarding his game 2, the reason I clumped those guys together is because those other guys get lost in the shuffle. I've known about MJs game 2 for awhile but had no clue that those other 3 guys went a combined 24/30.

Like I said, those four guys were the reason they won easily. Michael was the best of the bunch, but 24/30 is one of the best "supporting cast" performances ever in a finals game offensively. It was definitely worth mentioning. It doesn't diminish Jordan, it elevates how good these Bulls were.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    lol @ this half-baked analysis.

"Nah man. Jordan was ordinary in 1991. He must have been better YEARS later."

This is probably 'Roundball_Rock' looking for another way to denigrate Jordan.

Nah carbine has been around since ezboard. Like 15 years. He posted on my other board for a good 10 years. He was a bumbling center I still insisted on giving the ball on our old nba 2k crew teams 9-10 years ago. In all the madden leagues. I won’t say I “know” him know him....but I know him a bit.

I think if you reread this thread and note the times I have talked about Jordans defense, it's overwhelmingly positive. He just can't do anything with Magic, no shame in that.

Regarding his game 2, the reason I clumped those guys together is because those other guys get lost in the shuffle. I've known about MJs game 2 for awhile but had no clue that those other 3 guys went a combined 24/30.

Like I said, those four guys were the reason they won easily. Michael was the best of the bunch, but 24/30 is one of the best "supporting cast" performances ever in a finals game offensively. It was definitely worth mentioning. It doesn't diminish Jordan, it elevates how good these Bulls were.
    MJ locked up Magic in the Game 3 OT and Magic shot 40% for the series with only 19 ppg - he underperformed his regular season numbers

So mj did pretty well and you're completely exaggerating by acting like Magic was dominating - he wasn't dominant in this series, which is why his team got starched

And why wouldn't you discuss how MJ locked up Magic in the OT? And why not talk about how MJ's goat passing helped blow the Lakers away? Only MJ averaged 10+ apg without playing PG or bringing the ball up

And why not expose the false narrative and say that it's mostly MJ guarding Magic?
    Last edited by 3ball; 05-30-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Nah carbine has been around since ezboard. Like 15 years. He posted on my other board for a good 10 years. He was a bumbling center I still insisted on giving the ball on our old nba 2k crew teams 9-10 years ago. In all the madden leagues. I won’t say I “know” him know him....but I know him a bit.
    Whoever the guy is, his take on Jordan is wack. Rambles on about teammates when everyone who watched Jordan in that Game 2 knew that was HIS game. With his imprint. There's a 40-point performance in that 91 run he also 'analyzes'. Yet only mentioned the shots Jordan missed lol. All of that just to say there's nothing 'really special' about Jordan. Right...

I've been here long enough to know where this is going.