Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Top 5 Players Ever From Each Position

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I have Nash at #5 in my OP.

Back to Isiah, I always find it weird how appalled people were that they selected Stockton over him in the Dream Team, yes, he was blackballed the players didn't want him, but based on play by that point, did he even deserve to be selected? Stockton was at the peak of his powers at that point, while Isiah was coming off a pretty "meh" season, Stockton was clearly the better player by that point.
    There’s a mountain of evidence suggesting Isiah is one of the most overrated players of all time. He was the leading scorer on a team that beat MJ 3 times. This has quite an effect if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    My List:

C
    1. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    2. Bill Russell
    3. Shaquille O’Neal
    4. Wilt Chamberlain
    5. Hakeem Olajuwon

PF
    1. Tim Duncan
    2. Kevin Garnett
    3. Karl Malone
    4. Charles Barkley
    5. Dirk Nowitzki

SF
    1. LeBron James
    2. Larry Bird
    3. Kevin Durant
    4. Julius Erving
    5. Rick Barry

SG
    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Jerry West
    4. Dwyane Wade
    5. James Harden

PG
    1. Magic Johnson
    2. Oscar Robertson
    3. Steph Curry
    4. Chris Paul
    5. Steve Nash
    How the hell did you post a nearly PERFECT top 25 list? (top 5, per position, 5 positions total)

The only change I make is at the PF. I'd bump Dirk up to #3 and move Malone and Barkley.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Damn, really? Magic had a year shooting like 38% on 3s on good volume (for the time period at least) iirc. He’d probably be a solid 3PT shooter today. Fair point on the defense but didn’t Magic lead the best offenses ever?
    if chris paul had an immortality genie to wish to, a magic lamp? i think he'd lead better than magic. his passing & playmaking were right on that level, but shooting totally impeccable.

and the fact that a dude 5'11 was signifigantly better on defense than a 6'9 fella is remarkable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rico2016 View Post
    How the hell did you post a nearly PERFECT top 25 list? (top 5, per position, 5 positions total)

The only change I make is at the PF. I'd bump Dirk up to #3 and move Malone and Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    if chris paul had an immortality genie to wish to, a magic lamp? i think he'd lead better than magic. his passing & playmaking were right on that level, but shooting totally impeccable.

and the fact that a dude 5'11 was signifigantly better on defense than a 6'9 fella is remarkable.
    I’m not saying I agree with you but CP3 is likely the least flawed player I’ve ever seen in terms of overall mastery of basketball skills. If he was elite at 3s instead of merely good (he’s had some great years shooting the 3 tbf) he’d be perfect.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    I’m not saying I agree with you but CP3 is likely the least flawed player I’ve ever seen in terms of overall mastery of basketball skills. If he was elite at 3s instead of merely good (he’s had some great years shooting the 3 tbf) he’d be perfect.
    CP3 and a peak Hakeem certainly come to mind.