Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Horace Grant Was Going Behind Pippen and Jackson's Back Yapping To Media In '93

Horace was always the most underappreciated player on those teams , and history has shown that he was as efficient a player who has ever played in the frontcourt.

in 91-92 he had a 20.6 per, with a 15.5 usage rate. That is insane.

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Horace Grant Was Going Behind Pippen and Jackson's Back Yapping To Media In '93

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Horace in 1993 was not a happy camper. Part of the problem is that Jackson intentionally used him as a "whipping boy" so the team would rally around him - this was a suggestion of one of the assistants who knew Grant well and said he could "handle it." But from Grant's perspective he was the only one being constantly attacked while Jordan and Scottie were blameless. On top of that there were double standards with team rules that applied to everyone except Jordan, which irritated him. On top of that he felt that he wasn't being given any credit for Chicago winning as part of their "big three" (yes, jordan, pippen and grant were referred to as a big three in the early 90's).
    That makes me think that he would have left the Bulls in the summer of 94 if MJ was there or not.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Grant was a known cuck, MJ was lucky to carry that scrub

damn grant's taking a significant beating in this thread, something you dont see often since it's usually pippen lol. character flaws aside, he was a pretty big contributor. Draymond in 2015 before he became a great passer was getting compared to him and anyone who knows shit about bball knows draymond's impact on winning is large.

I'll also put it this way. The 2nd 3peat bulls technically had a big 4 with rodman and kukoc really which the 1st 3peat bulls dont have yet there's not a huge chasm between say the 91-92 teams and 96-97 teams. Yes I'm implying grant is quite a bit more impactful than either rodman or kukoc which he doesnt get credit for.

Jordan being better during the 1st 3peat shouldnt be enough alone to make up that talent difference unless you also want to get into the difference in strength of the league and the role players etc but I personally dont think those factors are enough either(the 2nd 3peat team likely has better role players)

I thought Pippen was Grant's best friend on the team? Them being drafted the same year and developing their games together.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    damn grant's taking a significant beating in this thread, something you dont see often since it's usually pippen lol. character flaws aside, he was a pretty big contributor. Draymond in 2015 before he became a great passer was getting compared to him and anyone who knows shit about bball knows draymond's impact on winning is large.

I'll also put it this way. The 2nd 3peat bulls technically had a big 4 with rodman and kukoc really which the 1st 3peat bulls dont have yet there's not a huge chasm between say the 91-92 teams and 96-97 teams. Yes I'm implying grant is quite a bit more impactful than either rodman or kukoc which he doesnt get credit for.

Jordan being better during the 1st 3peat shouldnt be enough alone to make up that talent difference unless you also want to get into the difference in strength of the league and the role players etc but I personally dont think those factors are enough either(the 2nd 3peat team likely has better role players)
    Yeah seems like he was a very impactful in a low key way. He had a great year in 1992. 14.2/10.0/2.7/1.2/1.6 on 61.8 TS%, 5.3 BPM

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Yeah seems like he was a very impactful in a low key way.
    Look at how much worse the Bulls got after losing Horace Grant (going from battling for 1st to battling for 5th in the East), which in fact was a larger decline than they had the previous year after losing MJ. That tells you his value.

Grant wasn't some scrub. He was the third highest paid player in the NBA for a reason.

damn grant's taking a significant beating in this thread, something you dont see often since it's usually pippen lol
    Whenever Grant, Rodman come up the same thing happens. They just aren't targeted daily like Pippen is.