Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: KAJ: ‘Michael Jordan Is Not The Greatest Player Ever’

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Nah. Duncan allegedly said all that as a ROOKIE bro. Don't know anyone who doesn't find Jordan's game impressive. So Duncan was probably talking about Mike the person, and to each their own. Duncan is the reserved quiet type. Jordan is more vocal and not afraid of confrontation.

Also disagree with KAJ being "salty". He's probably the 2nd greatest of all time. To some? The GOAT. He's got every right to say what he did. His credentials are topflight. What KAJ said about his height not being 'respected', and the lack of footage during his prime IS correct. Wilt is in that same boat.
    Not afraid of confrontation translates to = egotistical, low IQ, selfish moron with no filter

Poor coach having a complete meltdown, resorting to making gay jokes about Tim Duncan.

Eeyikes.

Quote Originally Posted by PoutinPippin View Post
    So are the comments I made about massive holes in Kareem’s resume. Just as valid.

And how would rookie Duncan know Mike the person?! Let alone be impressed with or why it would matter? He’s a big man, probably didn’t even emulate Jordan’s game.

And if we are talking about the person, who is impressed with Duncan’s gay ass? His beard wife was ready to sue and break the lid open on the fact Timmy was financing and allowing his gay lover since college to stay with them.
    Right, but not everyone who thinks Jordan isn't GOAT are "salty".

Apart from Lebron fans maybe...

The comment by Duncan was off. Which is why I think he was talking about Mike as a person...which is still weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico2016 View Post
    Not afraid of confrontation translates to = egotistical, low IQ, selfish moron with no filter
    Whatever the case being, its better than hiding behind an ALT online. Like you.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

The Jordan cult has to go after anyone who doesn't bend at the knee for their savior.

why couldnt kareem dominate the 70s like MJ dominated the 90s?
    MVP's in the 70's: Kareem 5 (the same MJ won in 15 seasons)
    MVP's in the 90's: Jordan 4

The difference is Kareem's teams without him operated at a 14 win and 31 win pace in the 70's. Not every legend can have a team that can win 55 without him in their primes. The credit for that is on the coach and GM. We have seen how MJ does as a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Poor coach having a complete meltdown, resorting to making gay jokes about Tim Duncan.

Eeyikes.
    He is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    The Jordan cult has to go after anyone who doesn't bend at the knee for their savior.

MVP's in the 70's: Kareem 5 (the same MJ won in 15 seasons)
    MVP's in the 90's: Jordan 4

The difference is Kareem's teams without him operated at a 14 win and 31 win pace in the 70's. Not every legend can have a team that can win 55 without him in their primes. The credit for that is on the coach and GM. We have seen how MJ does as a GM.

He is a disgrace.
    The list keeps growing.

Duncan
    KAJ
    LBJ
    Bill Russell
    Pippen
    Zeke
    Horace Grant
    Laimbeer
    John Salley
    Oscar Robertson
    Wilt
    +A bunch of young players who have LeBron as the GOAT
    +the guys who have Kobe or Kareem or someone else as GOAT

All of these guys are the spawn of Satan, according to MJ stans.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

All those MVP's and what did he win?

Barely once.

Magic single handedly made Kareem a GOAT candidate.

He wasnt winning shit in the 80s either without an all time talent. Sixers and Celtics wouldve waxed him with ease.

Think about it... Larry Bird gets Kevin McHale and Dennis Johnson. Kareem gets Magic Johnson and James Worthy.

When they played in college, James Worthy was the alpha to MJ's beta. That's how good that mfer was.

Kareem simply was not a team elevator nor a clutch player on the level of MJ's or Bird's of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Kareem retied in '89. This post doesn't make sense.
    Should we tell him?

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    Jordan refused the title of The Greatest anyway.

Very good NBA starter

Can all of you actually say you've seen kareem play?? It was before a good amount of peoples times and I'm going to guess ISH is not a older demographic beyond 40. Clips doesnt really count. Most guys can't accurately say things about past greats pre Jordan. Kareem by stats has rings as a bog contributor...stats... dominant play at college and NBA. I can see him thinking how he feels. A lot of you hardcore MJ fans are thinking so emotional with this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Kareem retied in '89. This post doesn't make sense.
    Whoosh

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    The list keeps growing.

Duncan
    KAJ
    LBJ
    Bill Russell
    Pippen
    Zeke
    Horace Grant
    Laimbeer
    John Salley
    Oscar Robertson
    Wilt
    +A bunch of young players who have LeBron as the GOAT
    +the guys who have Kobe or Kareem or someone else as GOAT

All of these guys are the spawn of Satan, according to MJ stans.

It will get only worse as more and more people come out. Jordan is the incumbent and if someone hasn't been convinced he is GOAT after 30 years of propaganda to that effect their minds won't change in his favor in the future. He has nowhere to go but down in "GOAT support" as time elapses, especially in the near term as his top challenger (in public opinion) keeps adding to his legacy in the next few years. According to most fans and the media, LeBron already is up to #2 so what will that look in another 5 years?

There also seems to be a backlash building. Jordan hasn't done anything in 20+ years yet the media keeps shoving him down everybody's throat day in and day out. There are plenty of great athletes in every sport playing today that they could cover now and then.

I'm in my 50's. I was watching basketball when Kareem was playing. I was just a kid but...whatever.

Anyway, this is how I see it: Both Kareem and Jordan have legit claims. Jordan handled the media better though and he was simply more dynamic. In any case those guys are the 2 best ever. (I never know what to do with Bill Russell).

Sitting all by himself at 3rd, very solidly, is LeBron. He's clearly beneath Jordan and Kareem but, also, clearly better than the two below him.

4th and 5th is where Bird and Magic reside....whatever order you like, but there they are.

It gets a bit unclear after that.....You got to have Shaq, Duncan and Kobe.....in whatever order you like.

Then is dissolves into chaos.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    any rational person cant argue this. Kareem is right. All this shit is opinion based. You wont know unless you build a time machine and put these teams all up against each other. Even mj himself ssys hes not the goat so this is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    And all of them, but Timmy, would call themselves GOAT. What a surprise. Like that even matters. Like politicians who vote for themselves. No agendas involved.
    Russell, the greatest winner ever picked Lebron

But if we go by that criteria then only 4 of 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    I'm in my 50's. I was watching basketball when Kareem was playing. I was just a kid but...whatever.

Anyway, this is how I see it: Both Kareem and Jordan have legit claims. Jordan handled the media better though and he was simply more dynamic. In any case those guys are the 2 best ever. (I never know what to do with Bill Russell).

Sitting all by himself at 3rd, very solidly, is LeBron. He's clearly beneath Jordan and Kareem but, also, clearly better than the two below him.

4th and 5th is where Bird and Magic reside....whatever order you like, but there they are.

It gets a bit unclear after that.....You got to have Shaq, Duncan and Kobe.....in whatever order you like.

Then is dissolves into chaos.
    What is your take on Wilt?