Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: MSNBC Reporter tries to call out guy for not wearing a mask in public

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Yep, Fox was the pioneers in this. Now none of these news channels are worth watching, but thanks to OP they get a few hundred more views or whatever ISH traffic is.
    Pioneers of what exactly? None of you have probably sat through 5 mins of Fox News.

Fox News didn't even exist when this happened...

That's blue screen in the background cause homeboy was actually on the roof of the CNN building in Atlanta instead of being in Saudi Arabia

But yeah...."Fox News were the pioneers"

Default Re: MSNBC Reporter tries to call out guy for not wearing a mask in public

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Pioneers of what exactly? None of you have probably sat through 5 mins of Fox News.

Fox News didn't even exist when this happened...

That's blue screen in the background cause homeboy was actually on the roof of the CNN building in Atlanta instead of being in Saudi Arabia

But yeah...."Fox News were the pioneers"
    i think fox news pioneered partisan-led media, not sensationalistic reporting

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    i think fox news pioneered partisan-led media, not sensationalistic reporting
    I think people make that claim since Fox News has always dominated the Cable News ratings since its inception. When more people watched Bill O'Reilly over whoever CNN had back in the day, it's easy to make that assertion that Fox News started it all.

I think people make that claim since Fox News has always dominated the Cable News ratings since its inception. When more people watched Bill O'Reilly over whoever CNN had back in the day, it's easy to make that assertion that Fox News started it all.
    FOX news came in with conservative-based news programming at a time when that wasnt really a thing. That was the whole point was it not?

"fair and balanced" because MSM wasn't?

You know this board is filled with teens and young 20 year olds when they think Fox invented biased media coverage.

Even before television there was politically affiliated news outlets.

FOX news came in with conservative-based news programming at a time when that wasnt really a thing. That was the whole point was it not?

"fair and balanced" because MSM wasn't?

Fox News came in to counterbalance the news since the other networks were obviously Left-leaning. The "fair and balanced" approach was again used as a counterbalance to biased reporting from the other networks, but with a Conservative spin. I don't think they've ever been fair and balanced at the same time. In the early days, they were definitely fair, but not balanced. Nowadays, you have several anchors who are Liberals, so they're definitely more balanced. Whether they are fair in their reporting I guess depends on how many times they have to walk back a story. And it's usually the other networks that do the walking back time and time again. I don't think they were on Nick Sandmann's defamation lawsuit list.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid View Post
    "Is this the point of view of a liberal towards videos like these? Fake outrage and use of rhetoric to get people scared, but it's just "funny"."

I'm not faking outrage. Cameraman shoulda worn a mask. You sound angry. Are you triggered, snowflake?
    You're not faking outrage, you're just an idiot. I was referring to the content of the video, and while I'm certainly not triggered by you, I do find it quite concerning when news shows turn into a mix of activism and public shaming through fake segments.
    In that segment, they're not being journalists, but instead actors performing to distort opinion. It's one of the reason tards like you exist, unfortunately.

Fox News came in to counterbalance the news since the other networks were obviously Left-leaning. The "fair and balanced" approach was again used as a counterbalance to biased reporting from the other networks, but with a Conservative spin. I don't think they've ever been fair and balanced at the same time. In the early days, they were definitely fair, but not balanced. Nowadays, you have several anchors who are Liberals, so they're definitely more balanced. Whether they are fair in their reporting I guess depends on how many times they have to walk back a story. And it's usually the other networks that do the walking back time and time again.
    exactly. they were partisan-led at a time when that wasnt a thing even though maybe it was happening behind the scenes of the MSM

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    You know this board is filled with teens and young 20 year olds when they think Fox invented biased media coverage.

Even before television there was politically affiliated news outlets.
    name a politically-biased news television channel before fox please, ya coont

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    You're not faking outrage, you're just an idiot. I was referring to the content of the video, and while I'm certainly not triggered by you, I do find it quite concerning when news shows turn into a mix of activism and public shaming through fake segments.
    In that segment, they're not being journalists, but instead actors performing to distort opinion. It's one of the reason tards like you exist, unfortunately.
    Exactly

Interpretation is one thing, downright green screening or falsifying/creating a story from a non-story is another.

name a politically-biased news television channel before fox please, ya coont
    CNN, it's over 16 years older than Fox

CNN, it's over 16 years older than Fox

nope try again

nope try again
    Prove me wrong

Prove me wrong
    its right in the manifesto...

"The network is known for its dramatic live coverage of breaking news, some of which has drawn criticism as overly sensationalistic, and for its efforts to be nonpartisan, which have led to accusations of false balance." - wikipedia

http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman...Media.Bias.pdf

A columbia university study looking at democratic influence in media. Since a lot of the LEFT here probably will ignore it, let me give you some snippets:

Namely, we computean adjusted Americans for Democratic Action (ADA) score for various news outlets,including the New York Times, the Washington Post, USA Today, the Drudge Report,Fox News’ Special Report, and all three networks’ nightly news shows.Our results show a strong liberal bias. All of the news outlets except Fox News’Special Report and the Washington Times received a score to the left of the averagemember of Congress.

Higher the number, more democratic it is. It was compared to reflect leaning in our senate at that time and adjusted.

Obviously we see fox leans more republican here, but the democrats have long held television media influence.