Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Default Seven straight 1st team all defense, three consecutive 1st team all nba, 16 total.

Guess who I am. Add to it he also three straight years of 1st team all nba and 1st team all defense combined. That is some rare company.

Default Re: Seven straight 1st team all defense, three consecutive 1st team all nba, 16 total

There is no one that fits this description.

NBA All-star

Default Re: Seven straight 1st team all defense, three consecutive 1st team all nba, 16 total

didn't know the meaning of an award can be "practicing what you preach"

There are a lot of players in the league, active or retired, with the jersey number 23, i tell ya.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    There is no one that fits this description.
    I probably said it wrong but its Scottie Pippen

1st team all defense, 8 staight years
    92-99
    10 total selections

1st team all nba, 3 straight
    94-96
    7 total selections

17 combined

NBA sixth man of the year

He should of been 1st team all NBA in 1997 over Grant Hill as well. Any time the defensive GOAT Pippen is averaging 20PPG or higher, that should be automatic 1st team. Besides, Pippen was always a better player than Hill. Think of Pippen as a short Bill Russell, that's what he was to the Bulls championships.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    He should of been 1st team all NBA in 1997 over Grant Hill as well. Any time the defensive GOAT Pippen is averaging 20PPG or higher, that should be automatic 1st team. Besides, Pippen was always a better player than Hill. Think of Pippen as a short Bill Russell, that's what he was to the Bulls championships.
    Hill had the "next MJ" hype going for him but their numbers were basically identical--except with Pippen providing dominant defense while Hill didn't.

It is funny how Pippen detractors say Pippen wasn't an elite player. He was all-NBA 1st team more often than players they hype.

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEpower23 View Post

92-99
    10 total selections

94-96
    7 total selections

17 combined
    Yeah, I checked everyone and a lot of guys came close but none exactly as you initially described.

Btw, when you go through everyone's 1st All-NBA and 1st All-Defensive selections Michael Jordan's record really comes out as pristine. You could eat off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEpower23 View Post

92-99
    10 total selections

94-96
    7 total selections

17 combined
    Decimation

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

How many DPOY?