Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: "This... Is Why..." LeBron Reignites Kaepernick's Stand Against Racial Injustice

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBorg View Post
    If the Chicago weekend shootings were cops doing the shootings there would be outrage. Apparently it's ok otherwise. Huge double-standard exists in this country.
    Yeah one being citizen on citizen killing each other

The other being authority figures doing it with impunity in broad daylight on camera

Another cop brutality, time to relate it to Chicago's crime rate

Local High School Star

Default Re: "This... Is Why..." LeBron Reignites Kaepernick's Stand Against Racial Injustice

LeTweet but don’t do shit to change anything.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    Yeah one being citizen on citizen killing each other

The other being authority figures doing it with impunity in broad daylight on camera

Another cop brutality, time to relate it to Chicago's crime rate
    Exactly--the two situations are not comparable.

Glad to see LeBron cares about more than selling shoes.

Racial injustice is a big no no to Lebron. Tyrannical government injustice is just fine though...even though in his own words, "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status...422150657?s=20

What a hypocritical idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    Exactly--the two situations are not comparable.

Glad to see LeBron cares about more than selling shoes.
    It's the same coping mechanism every time

The glimmering difference between black on black crime and police brutality is one victim see's justice, the other does not.

Besides Lebron has made awareness on Chicago's crime after Wade's cousin was murdered in 2016

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

This might be hard to read but the chart says there are 223 black people killed by police in 2017, 209 killed in 2018 and 235 killed in 2019. It doesn't give any more information than that. Not all the blacks killed were just sitting on a park bench eating a sandwich. Some of them agitated the situation that caused their deaths. I can direct you to a book that goes into detail for a number of these cases. But for the sake of argument, let's assume ALL of them were completely innocent when the cops killed them.

Let's look further...

Black on black murder is 30 times worse than cops on blacks crime. But it never gets brought up by these woke celebrities. I agree with LeBron. There are areas of the country where blacks are constantly hunted...but they are 30 times more likely to be hunted by other blacks than the police. It's good to call out racist cops and inequalities but which of these situations need a bigger voice? The numbers don't even compare.

Sources:

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States from 2017 to 2020, by race

The Top 5 Issues Facing Black Americans

You keep citing black on black crime as if these scenarios are remotely similar

Blacks get locked up and justice is served

Cops don't

This isn't rocket science, if there were no cops and someone was getting strangled to death.

1. Someone would have broken it up
    2. The offender would have been punished

MICHAEL JORDAN: ‘I CAN NO LONGER STAY SILENT’

“As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have been deeply troubled by the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of law enforcement and angered by the cowardly and hateful targeting and killing by police officers,” Jordan writes in a one-page letter released exclusively to The Undefeated. “I grieve with the families who have lost loved ones, as I know their pain all too well.”

why isn't woke michael jordan addressing black on black crime

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Shut up and dribble.

Improper training

Cops need to understand that kneeling on someone's neck isn't ok. It has noting to do with race

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Cops don't

This isn't rocket science, if there were no cops and someone was getting strangled to death.

1. Someone would have broken it up
    2. The offender would have been punished
    this is true...

say i rush the officer and knock him off the guy. now im getting guns drawn on me and we both probably end up getting shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    this is true...

say i rush the officer and knock him off the guy. now im getting guns drawn on me and we both probably end up getting shot.
    It's suicide

That's why the cop kneeling down on dudes neck had his hand inside his pocket gripping his mace, he was anticipating someone would rush hoping he could squeeze and gun down a couple more

Look at his pathetic overreaction when the woman at the end begged him to check his pulse and took a couple steps forward, he was baiting onlookers to confront him.

This whole event was nothing more than a ego buff in his attempt to assert authoritative dominance

Great college starter

Has someone mentioned Chicago in this thread yet?

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Cops don't
    That's not true at all. I know an older man that was out with his wife. One black guy was on the ground seemingly rolling in pain. The older man stooped down to see what was wrong. Three other black guys ambushed him and one of them shot him in the chest. The older guy narrowly avoided death and is still dealing with the consequences of being shot (including still having bullet fragments lodged in his chest very close to his heart). The man was in his late 60's at the time.

The black guys were caught but none of them did any time. They got off on some technicality. Do you think there was an outrage? A riot?
    Nope. Everyone went there merry way. Later on, one of the guys was shot dead by an ex-con for some reason. The other three have been out terrorizing the neighborhood ever since. No one cares. That's the problem. No one, not even the older man's black neighbors, did anything but shake their heads and bring him baked goods when he returned home.

This happens ALL THE TIME.

Four Charged In Shooting Of Helena-West Helena, AR Radio Station Owner

Murdered Helena-West Helena man linked to 2013 shooting of KJIW owner
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 05-27-2020 at 07:02 PM.

I lost a ton of respect for LeBron on the China thing, and it makes him seem super hypocritical, but that doesn’t mean what he’s saying here is wrong. Deep down I think everyone knows he’s right but admitting he’s right makes a lot of posters uncomfortable.