Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Horace Grant vs. Dennis Rodman

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Grant was more disciplined as a player while rodman used to be more 'chaotic'
    I disagree with that - a lot of his antics were to put off opponent.

Serious playground baller

Grant doesn't get credit he deserves - strong low post scorer, open shooter & rebounder. Fine athleticism to trap & press guards. Rodman gets my vote tho simply because he was more entertaining - his running battles with match ups were a great subplot to proceedings

Quote Originally Posted by aceman View Post
    Grant doesn't get credit he deserves - strong low post scorer, open shooter & rebounder. Fine athleticism to trap & press guards. Rodman gets my vote tho simply because he was more entertaining - his running battles with match ups were a great subplot to proceedings
    What do you mean by strong low post scorer? Most of his interior points came off putbacks and MJ/Pippen dump offs. He wasnt a low post scorer in terms of dumping the ball into him and hes going to generate offense for you.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    The most vital cog in the wheel between the two is 96 Rodman, but over the course of the two 3peats they trended in different directions. Horace was 25 in 91 and he got better year over year. He basically played into his prime over the first 3peat. Rodman after 96 started becoming more erratic and not as reliable, not to mention he was like 35 when he joined the Bulls. They got the last bit of gas in the tank from him but by the 98 finals, he was coming off the bench grabbing like 8 boards a game, showing up on WCW shows and being too much of a sideshow distraction as his on-court prowess slowly deteriorated before our eyes.

Maybe he did but I don't remember rodman coming off the bench for the championship bulls. Thought kukoc was 6th man?

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer28 View Post
    Maybe he did but I don't remember rodman coming off the bench for the championship bulls. Thought kukoc was 6th man?
    'By the 98 finals he was coming off the bench'.

Rodman was benched in that finals with Kukoc starting in his spot. Otherwise yes, Toni was the 6th man. I was saying that Rodman at the end of that run was becoming too much a distraction and he was becoming less reliable in terms of what he gave you on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    1993:

1992:
    Bill Walton is your source?

Really?

Very good NBA starter

Horace wasnt a low post back to the basket guy but he was a good face up post player. I remember him taking advantages of mismatches. He was a very good pick n pop/roll player. Growing up In chicago in 90s... horace had people wearing his jersey as much as pippen. He was instrumental to first 3 peat and then prevented the bulls from having the chance to repeat again with the magic even if jordan wasnt 100% percent in