Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Which players have had a better 5-year stretch than Stephen Curry in NBA history?

Quote Originally Posted by Rico2016 View Post
    Knowledge Dropped
    And just to clarify.. it was a flagrant foul not a tech. His FOURTH flagrant of the post season.. he's a known dirty player and kicked Adams in the balls in the series prior against OKC.

Lebron is the one who got a tech on that play. (For trying to get back into game action... insane)

"LeAgue iS riGGed"

Funny how they dissappear when the facts come out

Default Re: Which players have had a better 5-year stretch than Stephen Curry in NBA history?

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    And just to clarify.. it was a flagrant foul not a tech. His FOURTH flagrant of the post season.. he's a known dirty player and kicked Adams in the balls in the series prior against OKC.

Lebron is the one who got a tech on that play. (For trying to get back into game action... insane)

"LeAgue iS riGGed"

Funny how they dissappear when the facts come out
    They gone!

What's your Insta ot Snap playa, we need to create a group or something.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    My point is your attempt to distinguish Curry’s prime as GOAT as basically no evidence.
    You mean aside from the wins records?

He doesnÂ’t have the highest sweep PPG
    Yes he does for a four game sweep. 36 37 36 37 averages out to 36.5 last I heard. 36.5>36. In truth I only threw that in there to give people a who are familiar with the lesser player's exploits in the East due to all the crowing that goes on about it a double take.

he didnÂ’t lead the NBA in total plus minus, Draymond easily has led the NBA all the plus minus stats for RS and PS combined from 2015 to 2019. He’s higher than LeBron there.
    Curry not Draymond. http://bkref.com/tiny/8d9Id

You might be tempted to argue that Draymond is the driver of those plus-minus numbers on the team. But are you really going to?

Curry missed 1/3 of the season in 2018—he still ended up leading the league in plus-minus for combined regular and post season.

http://bkref.com/tiny/NWKOZ

Curry doesn’t have a monopoly on NBA records
    No one does.

[...] and the ones he does only goes back to 1980. I could just bring up Jordan’s PPG, Shaq’s OREB records, LeBron’s leading everyone in everything record in the 216 NBA finals, Hakeems block titles. Magic’s ridiculous RS and PS assist records.
    But the point is to win and every player in history can be benchmarked according to that.

You haven’t brought up any compelling evidence for him being goat, at all.

I was genuinely higher on him before this thread if anything. But between loaded teams and the injuries heÂ’s had that got covered up by loaded teams I donÂ’t see why I would put his prime on the level of young Jordan, LeBron, Kareem, Hakeem, or Shaq.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

He’s much closer to Nash. Probably worse than Magic over his last 5 years of the 80’s.
    Maybe you're thinking of 2013 and 2014 Curry since they are close to MVP Nash.
    http://bkref.com/tiny/x26jI
    http://bkref.com/tiny/zoOTl

Magic produced his greatest numbers in 1987. 2017 Curry matches fine with that and peak Larry Bird.

http://bkref.com/pi/shareit/EQ3Qy
    Last edited by Stephonit; 06-01-2020 at 01:59 AM.

Defending Curry this hard is supremely weird, Dell. Just saying.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Bruh just stop. Curry tries his ass off on defense ill give him that. Its one of things i actually admire about him. Even though hes an all time bad defender you can tell he wants to be better and hes putting in the effort. Stop making excuses. Theres literally no case for your boy. Not stats, not wins and not eye test.
    Eye test is in the eye of the beholder. Others don't see him attacking the bucket relentlessly and think he becomes a non-factor. I see him forcing traps from half court creating giant gaps for his teammates.

As I've said plus-minus paints a very favorable view of Curry over a 5-year span and I would be interested to know if there is another player who led their team who has more wins in a 5-year time frame.

Good college starter

No need to talk about just three years when we can talk about five.

Well, the warriors are 3-2 since the inception of the dynasty in 2k15.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    If I'm being dead serious, quite a few

89-93 Jordan
    12-16 LeBron
    98-02 Shaq
    01-05 Duncan
    86-90 Magic
    84-88 Bird
    91-95 Hakeem
    06-10 Kobe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii View Post
    Shaq 2000-04
    Lebron 2012-16
    Duncan 2003-07
    Curry had more wins from 2015-2019 than all of the above although Bird might tie if you parse how games are credited. For the years we have readily available records from the above five-year stretches none approach Curry's in terms of plus-minus.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    MJ 88-93: 3 rings, 3 FMVPs, 3 MVPs, DPOY

MJ 93-98: 3 rings, 3 FMVPs, 2 MVPs

Shaq 2000-2005: 3 rings, 3 FMVPs, 1 MVP

Lebron 2009-2014: 2 rings, 2 FMVPs, 4 MVPs

Magic 85-90: 3 rings, 1 FMVPs, 3 MVPs

Bird 81-86: 3 rings, 2 FMVPs, 3 MVPs( back to back to back)

Duncan 99-04: 2 rings, 2 FMVPs, 2 MVPs

Hakeem 90-95: 2 rings, 2 FMVPs, 1 MVP, 2 DPOY

Kobe 05-10: 2 rings, 2 FMVPs, 1 MVP

All warrant fair consideration.
    Those are 6-year stretches.
    Last edited by Stephonit; 06-03-2020 at 09:07 PM.