Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Rate their basketball IQ: Bird, LeBron, Doncic. Who outwits who?

Bird fans think Bird has a supremely high BBIQ

LeBron fans think LeBron has a supremely high BBIQ

Doncic fans think Doncic has a supremely high BBIQ

... so if these three were rated for their BBIQ who comes out on top? Who would out think and outwit the competition the most?

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Default Re: Rate their basketball IQ: Bird, LeBron, Doncic. Who outwits who?

hello daniel

It's all theatrics. All players are especially talented.

You could pick any player and I would not argue.

They all have supreme IQ. Each of these guys had elite court vision and decision making. Honestly, I'd say that's two of their top-3 traits for each. Then Bird was an ATG shooter, Bron a GOAT level athlete , and Luka is a wizard with the ball in terms of handle and touch.

It's like 3 different flavors of the best dessert in the world.

These are my favorite types of players. Guys that make plays with no hesitation and maximum confidence.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    They all have supreme IQ. Each of these guys had elite court vision and decision making. Honestly, I'd say that's two of their top-3 traits for each. Then Bird was an ATG shooter, Bron a GOAT level athlete , and Luka is a wizard with the ball in terms of handle and touch.

It's like 3 different flavors of the best dessert in the world.

These are my favorite types of players. Guys that make plays with no hesitation and maximum confidence.

Lebron because his IQ shines on both sides of the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    Lebron because his IQ shines on both sides of the camera.
    Good point. LeBron has had huge success in business and media.

However, Bird did win Coach of the Year and Exec of the Year. Both guys have high off-court IQ.

I'm going to have to put Doncic last in this aspect. Looks like he games too much. He already knows he's going to be the biggest name in Eastern Europe when all is said and done. At this rate, he'll end up King of Yugoslavia.

Bird, Doncic then lebron

how hard is it to dribble to 22 seconds and then pass to the left if driving left and dunking if driving right when you outweigh opponents by 50 pounds and while the opponent cannot touch you.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    Bird fans think Bird has a supremely high BBIQ

LeBron fans think LeBron has a supremely high BBIQ

Doncic fans think Doncic has a supremely high BBIQ

... so if these three were rated for their BBIQ who comes out on top? Who would out think and outwit the competition the most?
    It's not just LeBron fans that think LeBron has a supremely high BBIQ.

Pop: “LeBron knows basketball better than everybody put together in this room.”

Coach K: “He is the most intelligent basketball player I have ever coached.”

-- Coach K also coached Bird in the Olympics --

Coach K:. “LeBron’s not smart. He's brilliant. And I don't like to use that word.”

Doc: “LeBron is a basketball genius.”

Doc: “There's a lot of people in the league with LeBron's body. There's no one in the league with his brain."

Pitino: “LeBron is going to know whether you know your stuff or not. He is so tuned into basketball. He’s going to know whether you can teach the game, you understand the game.”

Shaq: “LeBron is the smartest star I've played with in my career. His basketball IQ is phenomenal. He could coach in the NBA right now."

Kenny Smith: “LeBron James' basketball IQ is off the charts. Coaches around the league don't have the IQ that he has. His basketball IQ is higher than anyones that I've ever seen.”

-- Kenny Smith has also seen Bird’s IQ --

Pippen: “His IQ is off the scale. He's so far ahead of the game.”

David Griffin: “LeBron is a basketball savant.”

Maurice Harkless: “His IQ is out of this world. It’s so high it’s ridiculous.”

Avery Bradley: “There's a lot of play calls that I don't know. Me and Danny Green look at each other like, 'What play is that?' And LeBron knows where every guy is supposed to be, what you're supposed to do, the timing of everything. His IQ is just crazy."

Chris Bosh: "It's when he remembers other stuff, like stuff he shouldn't even know, where you're like, 'What?!?'"

SKIP BAYLESS: "I believe LeBron does have the highest basketball IQ in the history of the game."

Bird’s BBIQ was high but LeBron’s is higher and it’s aided by an eidetic memory.

LeBron's superior BBIQ is also what separates him further from Michael Jordan.

Doncic is not in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKobeFan View Post
    Bird, Doncic then lebron

how hard is it to dribble to 22 seconds and then pass to the left if driving left and dunking if driving right when you outweigh opponents by 50 pounds and while the opponent cannot touch you.
    If he's so predictable and low-iq, why don't teams just throw different looks at him all the time, like the Heat do to Giannis? Double and rotate from different spots and force him to make a decisions?

He's shown thousands of times that he'll beat those looks.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    If he's so predictable and low-iq, why don't teams just throw different looks at him all the time, like the Heat do to Giannis? Double and rotate from different spots and force him to make a decisions?

He's shown thousands of times that he'll beat those looks.
    Bro...they don't even defend him and let him shoot.

Bird is definitely the smartest, Doncic isn't there yet so it's unfair to compare a 2nd year player to someone who's played 17 years in the NBA.

I think the OP would agree with me that it's Wilt.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    It's not just LeBron fans that think LeBron has a supremely high BBIQ.

Pop: “LeBron knows basketball better than everybody put together in this room.”

Coach K: “He is the most intelligent basketball player I have ever coached.”

-- Coach K also coached Bird in the Olympics --

Coach K:. “LeBron’s not smart. He's brilliant. And I don't like to use that word.”

Doc: “LeBron is a basketball genius.”

Doc: “There's a lot of people in the league with LeBron's body. There's no one in the league with his brain."

Pitino: “LeBron is going to know whether you know your stuff or not. He is so tuned into basketball. He’s going to know whether you can teach the game, you understand the game.”

Shaq: “LeBron is the smartest star I've played with in my career. His basketball IQ is phenomenal. He could coach in the NBA right now."

Kenny Smith: “LeBron James' basketball IQ is off the charts. Coaches around the league don't have the IQ that he has. His basketball IQ is higher than anyones that I've ever seen.”

-- Kenny Smith has also seen Bird’s IQ --

Pippen: “His IQ is off the scale. He's so far ahead of the game.”

David Griffin: “LeBron is a basketball savant.”

Maurice Harkless: “His IQ is out of this world. It’s so high it’s ridiculous.”

Avery Bradley: “There's a lot of play calls that I don't know. Me and Danny Green look at each other like, 'What play is that?' And LeBron knows where every guy is supposed to be, what you're supposed to do, the timing of everything. His IQ is just crazy."

Chris Bosh: "It's when he remembers other stuff, like stuff he shouldn't even know, where you're like, 'What?!?'"

SKIP BAYLESS: "I believe LeBron does have the highest basketball IQ in the history of the game."

Bird’s BBIQ was high but LeBron’s is higher and it’s aided by an eidetic memory.

LeBron's superior BBIQ is also what separates him further from Michael Jordan.

Doncic is not in the conversation.
    How can you be the most athletic player ever, one of the most skilled, AND the smartest...

We'll never see an athlete like LeBron again in any sport.

He's the sports GOAT by such a massive amount it's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    How can you be the most athletic player ever, one of the most skilled, AND the smartest...

We'll never see an athlete like LeBron again in any sport.

He's the sports GOAT by such a massive amount it's not funny.
    He would easily be the GOAT human...if he was human. LeGod