Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80

Thread: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

  1. #61
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    25,765

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob View Post
    From a pure basketball standpoint the main difference I see is the volume, and the 3pt shooting. They can both finish well, Mitch Richmond could rebound (peaked at 2 ORB statistically) better (ORB being a better metric than defensive) and Harden gets the nod for scoring totals but we all know how he gets his points - in free open space with extremely high volume.

    Defensively it's not even close. Harden has been awful until this season. Maybe last year when he was actually top 5 in steals iirc. So two years of actually putting effort into defense.

    Passing Harden can get the nod, but he also monopolizes the ball more than Mitch Richmond ever did.

    And those Kings teams were awful, we all know that. He was traded to a bottom feeder but he still managed steal a game from Seattle in 96' ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIH07X12M2Q )

    Look at how fluid he moves and how he can score from anywhere on the court.

    Harden is far too streaky. He can shoot you out of a game and be the reason why you lose, especially when he is lazy and chucking up 3's. Of all of the players with the most missed 3's in a game, James Harden is top 6 all by himself.

    He's also setting turnover records as well.

    Game 1 against the Warriors last year he single-handedly lost his team the game. He was 9/28 and 4/16 from three in a 4 point loss.

    That's the risk you have when you have James Harden on your team. He can chuck you right out of a game.

    So also Clyde > Harden.
    Mitch Rich was a beast. Super underrated. Like all guards Hardens stats would look much different in his era.

  2. #62
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25,715

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Mitch Rich was a beast. Super underrated. Like all guards Hardens stats would look much different in his era.
    Yeah, he was really beastful and impactful all those years he led his team to...the lottery. That you're a steph curry dick sucker, one of the highest impact players of all time, and would suck off someone like Mitch Richmond is hilarious. Well, it's not like you are a Curry fan because you're intelligent, he just happens to play where he plays and your ghetto Oakland trash.

  3. #63
    I said good day, sir! Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Pit of Darkness
    Posts
    4,365

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Oof

  4. #64
    Local High School Star Reggie43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,299

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Take away the D'Antoni system and the modern day rules from Harden and what would we get? Probably somebody close to Carter but not as good as Peak Tmac.

  5. #65
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25,715

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Take away the D'Antoni system and the modern day rules from Harden and what would we get? Probably somebody close to Carter but not as good as Peak Tmac.
    ...And what is the D'Antoni system? I'm curious. I want to hear from the expert. I watched nearly every Rockets game in 2018, but you know what, I want to know from you, so please tell me. What is this magic D'Antoni system? Because in 2018 with Harden and CP3 it was basically iso and pick and roll. Is that some offense that nobody else is doing and if you take it away you won't get wins? I didn't think so. You watch a handful of Rocket games and want to talk some bullshit...at least ****ing study up, kid.

  6. #66
    Local High School Star Reggie43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,299

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    You dont need to be an "expert" to know you get inflated stats playing under D'Antoni, add in the modern no handcheck, freedom of movement rules that also allows harden to blatantly travel and commit offensive fouls and you get a player that is not as impressive as his numbers indicate.

  7. #67
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25,715

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    You dont need to be an "expert" to know you get inflated stats playing under D'Antoni, add in the modern no handcheck, freedom of movement rules that also allows harden to blatantly travel and commit offensive fouls and you get a player that is not as impressive as his numbers indicate.
    So, basically never actually watched them play. Well, thanks for giving me confirmation. Everything you said applies to both teams and nothing to the actual Rockets. Again, I despise Harden. You're just a fool running his fool mouth about nothing he knows about. I don't take any joy in burying you...well...that's not true...I am an asshole, but you are just saying shit and have be called out for it. End of story. I'm moving on. You should do the same thing.

  8. #68
    Local High School Star Reggie43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,299

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    So, basically never actually watched them play. Well, thanks for giving me confirmation. Everything you said applies to both teams and nothing to the actual Rockets. Again, I despise Harden. You're just a fool running his fool mouth about nothing he knows about. I don't take any joy in burying you...well...that's not true...I am an asshole, but you are just saying shit and have be called out for it. End of story. I'm moving on. You should do the same thing.
    Yeah I know you cant still recover from the fact that I caught you lying on that Pippen thread so you follow/quote me on every thread you see me on. Too bad you wont catch me blatantly lying just to prove a point like you did.

  9. #69
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25,715

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Yeah I know you cant still recover from the fact that I caught you lying on that Pippen thread so you follow/quote me on every thread you see me on. Too bad you wont catch me blatantly lying just to prove a point like you did.
    I honestly didn't even remember who you were till I read your stupid comment...then I was like...oh that guy. The fact that you just said this while bringing up nothing in relation to the Rockets and how they play basketball...well I think that speaks for itself, no? Do yourself a favor and just shut your bullshit trap. I'm still amicable now. I won you, loss. Let's just move on, yes? Please do this. And i'm not asking for my benefit.

  10. #70
    Local High School Star Reggie43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,299

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    I honestly didn't even remember who you were till I read your stupid comment...then I was like...oh that guy. The fact that you just said this while bringing up nothing in relation to the Rockets and how they play basketball...well I think that speaks for itself, no? Do yourself a favor and just shut your bullshit trap. I'm still amicable now. I won you, loss. Let's just move on, yes? Please do this. And i'm not asking for my benefit.
    I dont actually mind seeing you meltdown everytime on my posts so why stop now? Never stalked you on threads like what you did to me so you have nothing to worry about.

    Love how you got triggered by me saying the gameplan and modern rules inflates Hardens numbers. Is that not common knowledge? Would he still get the same numbers in 2004 and below with a more traditional coach?

  11. #71
    Numbers Guy MrFonzworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Data Pagan
    Posts
    11,674

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Oof
    What a useless ****ing post. Wtf is your deal man? Kick rocks.

  12. #72
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25,715

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    I dont actually mind seeing you meltdown everytime on my posts so why stop now? Never stalked you on threads like what you did to me so you have nothing to worry about.

    Love how you got triggered by me saying the gameplan and modern rules inflates Hardens numbers. Is that not common knowledge? Would he still get the same numbers in 2004 and below with a more traditional coach?
    lol If I was going to meltdown I'd do it in a much more explosive fashion. You are just boring. Just don't respond to me anymore. I need some kind of stimulation and all you are bringing is the dead corpse edition. Grow a some kind of wit and whimsy and then maybe we can talk. I'm just bored right now.

  13. #73
    Local High School Star Reggie43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,299

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    lol If I was going to meltdown I'd do it in a much more explosive fashion. You are just boring. Just don't respond to me anymore. I need some kind of stimulation and all you are bringing is the dead corpse edition. Grow a some kind of wit and whimsy and then maybe we can talk. I'm just bored right now.
    The so called "expert" cant even answer my basketball related question.

    How about developing your reading comprehension skills first so you dont meltdown on every other thread/ post you see?

  14. #74
    5-time NBA All-Star Doranku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,218

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Harden has a higher PLAYOFF career ORTG than Kobe and Wade.

    Oops.
    Kobe '08: 30/6/6 on 48% - 113 ORtg
    Harden '14: 27/5/6 on 38% - 112 ORtg

    huh.. wonder how the math works for that one.

  15. #75
    I said good day, sir! Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Pit of Darkness
    Posts
    4,365

    Default Re: James Harden is already a top 5 shooting guard in nba history

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    What a useless ****ing post. Wtf is your deal man? Kick rocks.
    Well, fvck you then, k-pop bitch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •