Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Do you know anyone who doesn’t follow the news?

Sometimes I talk to people that sound like they live under a rock. It’s annoying. They don’t watch news at all and they likely have no idea what’s going on right now with the protests. These same people were also late on realizing the corona lockdown. They just have interests in what’s going on. It blows me away because we have smartphones and TVs. It’s very easy to consume media. How do some people live under a rock and when you talk to them about a major event they act all surprised because they don’t know what’s going on

How come even the homeless know what’s happening?

Default Re: Do you anyone who doesn’t follow the news?

LeBron James

Thanks TMZ.

Kobe bryant

Oops

All the time. It seems like in the past all my coworkers never watched the news and was out of it. A lot of my old high school friends are also out of it.

My nypd friend didn't even know barbershops weren't open in the middle of the pandemic in NYC. I asked how he didn't know and he said he thought it wasn't in effect yet after 1-2 weeks having being closed.

People are just so out of tune. However it seems like on the internet everyone can't get enough of the news.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Otc lounge is my only source

Lebron James

Either that, or he's just a bit slow

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Those are the people who are actually living their life...

We should all join them

Do you anyone who doesn’t follow the news?
    Btw, 'do you' what?

I've noticed these type of people in the past. The one thing that they have in common is that they live a very narrow, self focused kind of life. I'm not saying that they're bad, but that from their perspective their problems are the only thing in the world. For example , the 2004 tsunami. Killed over 200,000 people. The biggest news in the world at the time. It's all that's on tv, what people are talking about. Even controversies of like a hip hop station making fun of the victims. A few days later this girl is whining to me about her very mundane problems. I asked her about the tsunami. No idea. I tell her that hundreds of thousands of people died. She goes, "Holy shit," and then proceeded to go on about I how horrible her life is, broke a nail or something. Absolutely no curiosity whatsoever. For reference, she was the opposite of Walk on Water in terms of curiosity.

Such people would not know who, say Bill Gates is. Or even Lebron James. Perfect example here.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    I've noticed these type of people in the past. The one thing that they have in common is that they live a very narrow, self focused kind of life. I'm not saying that they're bad, but that from their perspective their problems are the only thing in the world. For example , the 2004 tsunami. Killed over 200,000 people. The biggest news in the world at the time. It's all that's on tv, what people are talking about. Even controversies of like a hip hop station making fun of the victims. A few days later this girl is whining to me about her very mundane problems. I asked her about the tsunami. No idea. I tell her that hundreds of thousands of people died. She goes, "Holy shit," and then proceeded to go on about I how horrible her life is, broke a nail or something. Absolutely no curiosity whatsoever. For reference, she was the opposite of Walk on Water in terms of curiosity.

Such people would not know who, say Bill Gates is. Or even Lebron James. Perfect example here.

I know lots of girls who wouldn't have a clue who Lebron is because they don't care about sports

A good chunk of people that act that way know what's going on but don't want to talk about it. I know what's going on with this whole situation but I play like I don't really follow it when someone asks me.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035 View Post
    I know lots of girls who wouldn't have a clue who Lebron is because they don't care about sports
    These are names that just come up through the peripheral, even for people who couldn't care less about basketball. And yes, there are many people who don't care about basketball.

My grandma would know who Lebron James is, even if she had no idea who Wade is. I'm talking about people who live in the US. I specifically used Lebron James as an example because of that video. But there are others, like Bill Gates.

Yeah, I know you probably think it's silly, and that they don't lack curiosity and seem normal. But to me, those girls that you mentioned probably don't concern themselves much with things that don't involve them.

Quiz them. Ask them questions like what's closer to the Earth, the moon or the sun. That's a multiple choice question though. Ask them where China is located. For more severe cases ask them where Mexico is located. Some people don't even know that Mexico shares a border with the US.