Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

  1. #16
    I rule the local playground ELITEpower23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    540

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Can you cite the games played?


    Cite the points: 6911

  2. #17
    I said good day, sir! Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Pit of Darkness
    Posts
    4,483

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by ELITEpower23 View Post


    Cite the points: 6911
    Congratulations.

    Your true colors are now exposed, mongrel.

  3. #18
    I rule the local playground light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    580

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus334 View Post
    Then your just as dumb as he is if you actually think the only thing Jordan did was score.
    No, understand that was literally Jordan's primary role per Phil Jackson. LeBron plays with primary roles usually assigned to 3 or more players on a regular team (like the 90s Bulls). Channing Frye knows more about basketball than everyone in this thread combined.

  4. #19
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    876

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    No, understand that was literally Jordan's primary role per Phil Jackson. LeBron plays with primary roles usually assigned to 3 or more players on a regular team (like the 90s Bulls). Channing Frye knows more about basketball than everyone in this thread combined.
    That's because Lebron can't play the MJ/Kobe/Kawhi/KD role. MJ and Kobe could play the Lebron/Harden/Westbrook/Doncic role in their sleep. Idiot. Kawhi about to tie him in rings in 10 years less, That's why lebron needs superstar shot creators in his team. Channing frye has to dumb down his opinion for his buddy, like you guys do. Just showing he's a good friend.

  5. #20
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    I love me some me.
    Posts
    23,127

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    The last 8 alts you had spamming this nonsense were plenty.

  6. #21
    Serious playground baller RogueBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by ELITEpower23 View Post
    Literally same # of playoffs but MJ took more shots and still scored less. the one thing jordan was supposedly better at than lebron was scoring and he is #2 in that as well. Damn shame. Ya hate to see it.

    LeBron 239 playoff games
    MJ 179 playoff games*

    *Extrapolate this out to 239 games equates to 7,982 points.

    I'd MUCH rather have played 179 games with a 33.4 ppg scoring average, 6 championship rings, and 6 Finals MVP's over 6,911 points and only 3 rings and 3 Finals MVP's.

    I guarantee you all would trade the points for 3 more rings...

  7. #22
    I usually hit open layups
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    6911 yet 0 in the West

    .33 finals

    1-12 without Jones

    LeGoat Standard

  8. #23
    Bran Fam Member ImKobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    21,731

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    That's a longevity record, as is Kareem's. No one has Kareem close to the GOAT scorer, despite him scoring the most points.

    There's also the issue that the Playoffs were shorter for a long time with less rounds in the Russell/Wilt era and with there being a bo5 first round during MJ's era, all the way up to the early 2000s. Also, the stat totals are inflated in today's era with the rule changes. Then you add in the context of Lebron playing in the weakest Conference in league history, and it all makes a lot of sense.

  9. #24
    I usually hit open layups
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan96 View Post
    The most valued aspect of basketball is scoring

    The highest level of competition is the playoffs

    So the highest scorer in the highest level of competition should be GOAT



    What’s wrong with that argument?
    Banned

    Kblaze keeping ISH trolls in check

  10. #25
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    I love me some me.
    Posts
    23,127

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    That's a longevity record, as is Kareem's. No one has Kareem close to the GOAT scorer, despite him scoring the most points.

    There's also the issue that the Playoffs were shorter for a long time with less rounds in the Russell/Wilt era and with there being a bo5 first round during MJ's era, all the way up to the early 2000s. Also, the stat totals are inflated in today's era with the rule changes. Then you add in the context of Lebron playing in the weakest Conference in league history, and it all makes a lot of sense.
    I think when you say “No one” has Kareem close to GOAT scorer you’re only counting people who never actually saw him. Kareem would come up a lot as the best scorer ever if you polled people who have first hand experience even as a viewer. I’ve heard Kareem listed as the best scorer ever by a few players who were around for him.

  11. #26
    NBA rookie of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,286

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    PPG is the metric the NBA uses to award scoring champions, not overall points.

    Whoever has the highest PPG wins the scoring title, whoever has the highest PPG is the best scorer.

    Want to cry about it, go grab a tissue.

    Overall points in basketball is merely a measure of longevity, which is commendable, but it's not the central metric by which scoring leaders are judged by.

  12. #27
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    I love me some me.
    Posts
    23,127

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    PPG is the metric the NBA uses to award scoring champions, not overall points.

    Whoever has the highest PPG wins the scoring title, whoever has the highest PPG is the best scorer.


    There was an argument about that when they changed it. Elvin Hayes and Kareem were at the center of it. The scoring champ was the total point leader the same way total determine leader in every other sport. Nobody even knows the per game leaders in any other sport. I think Kareem referenced football and asked if any reporter knew who the yards per game leader was in the nfl.

    Im not sure why the nba changed but the first 30-35 years it was all totals.

    Wilt and I think Lenny Wilkens had a race for assist title that I believe was totals not per game. Per game...Wilt did not lead the nba. We just say he’s a center who led because for half of history that’s how it was counted.

  13. #28
    NBA rookie of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,286

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    There was an argument about that when they changed it. Elvin Hayes and Kareem were at the center of it. The scoring champ was the total point leader the same way total determine leader in every other sport. Nobody even knows the per game leaders in any other sport. I think Kareem referenced football and asked if any reporter knew who the yards per game leader was in the nfl.

    Im not sure why the nba changed but the first 30-35 years it was all totals.

    Wilt and I think Lenny Wilkens had a race for assist title that I believe was totals not per game. Per game...Wilt did not lead the nba. We just say he’s a center who led because for half of history that’s how it was counted.
    PPG is the correct metric to use to judge who is the better scorer, it cuts out the BS and tells you who scores more on the basketball court on per game basis.

    Total points is stupid, a guy could win the scoring title based on the fact that some other guy had an ankle sprain that kept him out 5 games or something. The NBA changed this ages ago for good reason.

  14. #29
    I rule the local playground light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    580

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ball View Post
    MJ shot more but he won more. Almost seems worth it
    When referring to MJ winning in the playoffs we must do as Jordan asks and refer to him as MJ-Pippen.

    So in terms of wins, any comparison between LeBron and Jordan is actually a comparison between LeBron and MJ-Pippen.

    Keep that in mind.

    LeBron won 37 more playoff games than MJ-Pippen in the same amount of seasons, so technically LeBron won more.

  15. #30
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    I love me some me.
    Posts
    23,127

    Default Re: What’s a better argument for GOAT than 6,911?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    PPG is the correct metric to use to judge who is the better scorer, it cuts out the BS and tells you who scores more on the basketball court on per game basis.

    Total points is stupid, a guy could win the scoring title based on the fact that some other guy had an ankle sprain that kept him out 5 games or something. The NBA changed this ages ago for good reason.

    Which is exactly the same for say....nfl rushing leader. But we don’t care. I don’t know that there’s a right or wrong. Just that counting playoff totals is idiotic because history changed the formats too many times and more dominant performances lead to less points because you sweep people instead of going deep into a series.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •