Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Re: The end of small business in America

OP spot on again. In my line of work I've personally seen the devastation and hurt to small food vendor and restaurant suppliers, while our chain store business is off the hook, it's honestly never been better.

For brick and mortar small businesses, the food service industry are our last stand against the corporate giants and internet business. We thought that small business sector at least would be safe for a while...then COVID-19 came along. We were dead wrong.

I know it's been posted here from time to time, but the things he says are spot on in light of what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    Truly is a weird situation with a few angles on it.

E.g I noticed here a few days ago that people were still putting it up as all the liberal channels vs Fox that represents all of the right. But if you read something like The Donald forum, there isn't much love for Fox news at all and they certainly don't feel represented by them. Mostly it's only Tucker who's popular.

But yeah, truly crazy to see how covid worries disappeared over night.
    Fox repesents the establishment right - aka the neocons and bush family types ... for the most part they hate Trump, mostly for the same reasons that outlets like MSNBC and CNN hate Bernie

How crazy is it that Tucker is basically the only person on the entirety of cable news who ever speaks the truth about anything these days? I remember laughing at him when John Stewart went on his show and clowned him back in 2004... never would have guessed that Tucker would become the only guy in cable news that is even remotely worth listening to, while at the same time all the Stewart acolytes like Cobert and John Oliver and Samantha Bee have gone on to get their own shows and become the exact type of predictable partisan media personality that Stewart used to mock.
    Last edited by Nanners; 06-03-2020 at 10:05 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    I know it's been posted here from time to time, but the things he says are spot on in light of what's happening.

just watched the whole video and he was so right...

15-20 years of idealogical subversion to produce all these SJW mentality
    6 weeks to manufacture crisis and destabilize
    leaders swoop in and promise free everything, before you know it we're living under martial law.

The only thing i dont agree with is him saying the capitalists are selling the rope from which they will hang. You know the bezos, musks, gates, buffets, etc. I think we have transformed into a quasi-capitalist communist country where they are the true rulers, and it is the government that bows to them for their money.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Fox repesents the establishment right - aka the neocons and bush family types ... for the most part they hate Trump, mostly for the same reasons that outlets like MSNBC and CNN hate Bernie

How crazy is it that Tucker is basically the only person on the entirety of cable news who ever speaks the truth about anything these days? I remember laughing at him when John Stewart went on his show and clowned him back in 2004... never would have guessed that Tucker would become the only guy in cable news that is even remotely worth listening to, while at the same time all the Stewart acolytes like Cobert and John Oliver and Samantha Bee have gone on to get their own shows and become the exact type of predictable partisan media personality that Stewart used to mock.
    Tucker's been killing it as of late

As a small business owner, I was already at a disadvantage when trying to compete for work against the big players. Hilarious how they are having record profit years and yet some of them qualified and sucked dry the first round of PPP loans.

A lot was revealed this year. I don't even care anymore tbh, it's all one big headache if you think about it often.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    As a small business owner, I was already at a disadvantage when trying to compete for work against the big players. Hilarious how they are having record profit years and yet some of them qualified and sucked dry the first round of PPP loans.

A lot was revealed this year. I don't even care anymore tbh, it's all one big headache if you think about it often.
    You and me, hermano. Two Latino small business owners trying to make it in America. What a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    You and me, hermano. Two Latino small business owners trying to make it in America. What a story.
    I hope your business survives

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    i pointed that out like a month or two ago, all the big retail corps are doing great, only small business is getting wiped.

they really capitalized on this situation... bribed their way into enormous market share increase.

and they were already ahead before it started too.
    And our current administration isn't to blame for any of this? They allowed this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    I hope your business survives
    Same here. It's been slow. But then again I just opened back in March. Horrible time to open. I'm already expecting to dip into my savings.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime View Post
    And our current administration isn't to blame for any of this? They allowed this to happen.