Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: What pasta sauce do you use?

I can and have made my own plenty of times. But for the good pre-jarred stuff, it's usually good enough to warrant not spending the time, particularly if I'm not cooking on the weekend. When I'm grocery shopping, I'll usually just buy whatever good stuff is on sale, and there's almost always one of the good jars on sale every week. Rao's, Victoria's, or Lydia's are the ones I'm positive about whenever they're on sale. I'm also at a bit of an advantage living in the northeast. I'm right in between New York and New Haven. Our grocery stores are pretty well stocked with local restaurant's jarred sauces.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: What pasta sauce do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous View Post
    I can and have made my own plenty of times. But for the good pre-jarred stuff, it's usually good enough to warrant not spending the time, particularly if I'm not cooking on the weekend. When I'm grocery shopping, I'll usually just buy whatever good stuff is on sale, and there's almost always one of the good jars on sale every week. Rao's, Victoria's, or Lydia's are the ones I'm positive about whenever they're on sale. I'm also at a bit of an advantage living in the northeast. I'm right in between New York and New Haven. Our grocery stores are pretty well stocked with local restaurant's jarred sauces.
    10 4

northern Wisc we are lucky if we find brats on the shelve lol