Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: *LIVE* Playstation 5 reveal event

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Most good ps5 titles are going to be more than 100gb for sure
    I made the mistake of buy a 500gb with PS4 and had a buy a external to run things

For sure getting 2+tb or the highest when it releases. Since it's internal SSD it'll prly be more than $100-$200 extra, even PC market those aren't cheap

It makes sense to buy the biggest hard drive possible if you're keeping the console lifelong kind of shit.

For me I know whichever console I choose I'll go with the mid size HD because I don't really play games as much and don't buy many.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    I made the mistake of buy a 500gb with PS4 and had a buy a external to run things

For sure getting 2+tb or the highest when it releases. Since it's internal SSD it'll prly be more than $100-$200 extra, even PC market those aren't cheap
    If only a micro sd card can act as a substitute to a ssd and can reach up to more than 1tb, then it would be much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Better to just work on a new game like rdr3 than remake something
    Doing a remake of RDR1 in the current engine but only improved with more expansions on the gameplay is probably easier than redoing a whole new game on RDR3. I'd be for it. I never played RDR1. Never owned a PS3.

If they did to a RDR3 it should be either about Jack after he grows up. Arthur in his earlier years in the gang (he was in the gang for nearly 20 years pre-RDR2) or maybe something about Sadie after RDR2. Sadie is probably the third most liked character in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    i don't understand, why is there two versions? is one a digital only and has no disk drive that's cheaper?
    Some people don't care about physical copies or playing backwards compatible games like me. I'd probably buy the digital version with the best bang for my buck SSD I can get that's 2+TB.

I only have PS 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    I only have PS 3.
    I didn't get a PS4 until Red Dead Redemption 2 came out. Which would been November of 2018 for me. It came out in October. Ended up selling that and have been playing Google Stadia since the November 2019 launch to backers. It's been okay, but I don't think they're going to get the game library. So I'll probably end up jumping ship to a PS5. I hoping for a black variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    I didn't get a PS4 until Red Dead Redemption 2 came out. Which would been November of 2018 for me. It came out in October. Ended up selling that and have been playing Google Stadia since the November 2019 launch to backers. It's been okay, but I don't think they're going to get the game library. So I'll probably end up jumping ship to a PS5. I hoping for a black variant.
    same

didn't get a ps4 until 2017

had a ps1+ 2, but skipped ps3

now's the time to get a cheap used ps4 and bundle of games off clist

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    Doing a remake of RDR1 in the current engine but only improved with more expansions on the gameplay is probably easier than redoing a whole new game on RDR3. I'd be for it. I never played RDR1. Never owned a PS3.

If they did to a RDR3 it should be either about Jack after he grows up. Arthur in his earlier years in the gang (he was in the gang for nearly 20 years pre-RDR2) or maybe something about Sadie after RDR2. Sadie is probably the third most liked character in the series.
    They would sell a lot more of rdr3 than rdr1 remake

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    They would sell a lot more of rdr3 than rdr1 remake
    No doubt, but that would take way more time and money. The gap between RDR1 and RDR2 was 7 years. RDR2 just got released not even 2 years ago. And you know they're working on GTA6 right now. There's no way in hell we get a RDR3 in the next probably 5 years if not longer with the lack of resources they'd have to push towards it. On the other hand there's many people wanting a RDR1 remaster. Including me. I'd love a remake or remaster in the current RDR2 engine and for them to retell the story. Some big discrepancies in RDR1 is John never talks about Arthur because they never made the character up until after the first game was released. So if you go back and play the first game it doesn't feel complete or as immersive because Arthur is never mentioned one time even though he was the most important character in John's story on separating from the Vander lin Gang.

$500 is too much for a gaming console. it's just too much, it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    I only have PS 3.
    Same but my sibling has a ps4 bought last year.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    Well, the ps1 wasn't exactly cheap either when it was still fresh way back 25 years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    Pretty cheap, brudda

Sony and Microsoft lose money on console sales (-$60 per PS4), they make it back on games and accessories.

PS5 has a 8 core AMD Zen-2, identical to Ryzen 7 3700x which alone is a $300 chip. And a RDNA 2.0 that isn't even available on the PC market yet.

If you PC part picked it's specs it would run over $650-$750 right now. Sony/MS obv get a price cut buying 50+ million in bulk.

Compared to the meh CPU that was outdated in the PS4 on release, PS5 has impressive horsepower in terms of straight-up-system-on-a-chip. I'm a PC nut and it's definitely a beast in terms of modern tech

Even in 1993, SNES cost $250-300 - games $50-$60. It's been a flat rate despite 30yr inflation.

Iphone/Androids otoh

Games used to be 30 bucks not 60 like they have been last 15yrs