Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why is it liberals tend to be more intelligent?

Liberals tend to be so smart that they over think everything. That's the downfall for liberals.

Instead of boys and girls, theres inbetweens to the point where washrooms have to be gender neutral.

Too many generalizations on this board...Well, all over the internet I guess.

And

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

The Left tends to think it is more intelligent.*

Liberals believe in free speech. There are very few liberals left.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    No dog in the race here but I see so many right wingers do exactly what you do without realizing they might as well be pointing out their own flaws. I've been observing your posts recently and you're a ****ing hypocrite of the highest order. Your posts seem bitter and petty. Not particularly intelligent either.
    Looks like I ruffled some feathers , I'd be by some mileage the smartest person you've ever met

Why should I sit quietly while braindead people are wreaking havoc in the world I inhabit, son?

It's a basketball forum, I'm not trying to write dissertations.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

I'l take the guys with Business degress over Lesbian Dance Studies

Saw a basketball once

Perhaps the only reason is that we are learning how different the world around us could be, and tolerance with respective attitude towards any view point is part of education. We learn how to work and cooperate with various people for the public weal.

Liberals and conservatives are both fine. These 2 groups actually believe the same thing, just with different approach. Liberals tend to be more compassionate based while conservative more justice based. For example, a conservative would say we should deport all the illegal immigrants because that's the right thing to do. A liberal would say yes to that but there has to be an exception to people who are already here for X years, children, etc. A conservative could agree to that provided we strengthen the border and law. Everyone is happy.

The problem comes with the leftist and right wing extremist. These 2 groups just has no common sense. And leftist is the group that fills our institutions today.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Conservatives tend to stick to facts and interpret them rigidly.

Liberals will go more with their feelings and often orchestrate elaborate arguments to justify them so

It takes more creativity and intelligence to defend feelings than to have your arguments more grounded in facts.
    This isn’t true. But both sides are very passionate and emotional. I don’t know why anyone is trying to say.

Look at the president for gods sake. He is about where the average Republican is on emotional impulse.

However this is all clouding the idea that either side cares about the same shit.

And OP is right, right-wingers are the kings of simplicity on matters that aren’t simple. If you use brute force and simple tactics on everything to control the “chaos” the OP talks about its easy to be the way.

Bomb terrorists, defund everything, police brutalize criminals, build a wall. Just simple, but overwhelming dominant ideas for shit with tons of nuance.

I mean you even got a guy in here saying liberals are simply stupid because they see everyone as simply racist and everything as simply horrible. Yeah OP ain’t far off but both sides have an unhinged group it just manifests itself differently.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Conservatives tend to stick to facts and interpret them rigidly.

Liberals will go more with their feelings and often orchestrate elaborate arguments to justify them so

It takes more creativity and intelligence to defend feelings than to have your arguments more grounded in facts.

Too many conservatives base significant portions of their beliefs on religion to call them grounded in facts not feelings.

That said....having a paper education doesn’t necessarily make you more intelligent than those without it.

Real patriots want to improve their country. They see the real issues and attack them head on. The people walking in the streets protesting are patriots.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Too many conservatives base significant portions of their beliefs on religion to call them grounded in facts not feelings.
    Yet (some) of those beliefs, such as the wisdom in Proverbs, the importance of gratitude, the fear of Hell, the belief in One Creator, "love thy neighbor", forgiveness, justice, importance of humility, protection against the Devil, the importance of charity etc. have stood the test of time and have been a cornerstone for civilization, society, family, and the individual for nearly 2 millenia.

That's not just a "feeling."

The only reason you need faith is because the stories for the most part aren’t verifiable. If you could prove Jonah was in a whale like you can prove 1 plus 1 is 2 you wouldn’t need faith. Just different systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    The only reason you need faith is because the stories for the most part aren’t verifiable. If you could prove Jonah was in a whale like you can prove 1 plus 1 is 2 you wouldn’t need faith. Just different systems.
    Not that I care in the least about any of this, but I just need to tell you... everything requires faith.

Believing that 1 + 1 = 2 requires faith. Whilst seemingly an absurd claim, it could be that our current understanding only limits us to being able to prove that 1 + 1 = 2 and that's it... though it's possible there is more to that equation.

We know nothing. Hell, we only "know" what our names are because our mommy and daddy told us so.

Carry on.

Did you really just argue the certainty of 1+1 = 2 after years of calling me argumentative and unwilling to concede things?

woosh.