Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why Kawhi beating Warriors was more impressive then Lebron beating Warriors

The fact you win 73 games with Harrison Barnes as your SF shows how weak the league was.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Why Kawhi beating Warriors was more impressive then Lebron beating Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Game 5 the raptors lost by 1 point despite Kevin Durant playing and scoring 11 points. So if Durant doesn't play at all in 2019 finals like 2016 finals, raptors finish off the series in 5. The fact is if Kevin Durant never plays, raptors beat Curry/Klay/Dray/Iggy in 5 games. While it took LeBron to do it in 7 games.

On top of that, Kawhi had less offensive help from his 2nd scoring option.

PPG gap for Kawhi/Siakam - 9

GmSc gap for Kawhi/Siakam - 8.1

A total PPG and GmSc gap of 17.1

PPG gap for LeBron/Irving - 2.6

GmSc gap for LeBron/Irving - 7.4

A total PPG and GmSc gap of 10

Kawhi is +7.1 on PPG/GmSc relative to their sidekicks.

Kawhi has a 122 offensive rating and led Raptors to a 116 offensive rating

LeBron has a 114 offensive rating and led Cavs to a 109.1 offensive rating

Curry = Curry

Klay missed 1 game and 3 quarters vs Draymond missing 1 game

Harrison barnes = Demarcus cousins but cousins played way better actually.

Iggy put up his same 8PPG

Durant was also the x factor scoring 11 points 90% TS and giving warriors a 1 point win in game 5.
    Nah bruh i dont even have to see the numbers its not even close. Kd was hurt and klay ended up hurt. Green was also much better in 16 and the warriors bench was also better in 16. Brons was definitely more impressive

Both series saw the warriors ending up losing in their home floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp View Post
    The fact you win 73 games with Harrison Barnes as your SF shows how strojg
    Curry, Klay, Dray, Bogut, Iggy was.
    Duh....

Harrison Barnes, 6th option 20 ppg Olympian. No biggie

Serious playground baller

Duh
    That’s the public consensus that Kawhi championship was more impressive

Kawhi didn’t need the commissioner’s help. My inside source told me LeBron was begging Adam Silver for help

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp View Post
    The fact you win 73 games with Harrison Barnes as your SF shows how weak the league was.
    The fact you win 72 games with Luc Longley as your C shows how weak the league was

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    The fact you win 72 games with Luc Longley as your C shows how weak the league was
    Luc Longley >>>> Harrison Barnes

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Look, the Raptors were good before Kawhi and after Kawhi.

The Cavs suck without LeBron.

This is not even close.
    This. The Raptors were 59-23 before Kawhi, 17-5 (63 win pace) without Kawhi in 19' and 46-18 without him in 20' (59 win pace). It is ridiculous Kawhi gets all the credit. The Raptors have a better record than the Clippers who added Kawhi plus PG to a 48 win team.

He was a 19 PPG scorer in Dallas--and he was the weak link on the Curry, Klay, Green, Iggy Warriors.

Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 06-20-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Banned

Lebron's performance was unquestionably better but I was more impressed with the Raptors beating the Warriors then the Cavs beating the Warriors only because I expected the Cavs to beat the Warriors and could not for the life of me understand how they went down 3-1 to the Warriors when they had the supposed "GOAT".

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus334 View Post
    Lebron's performance was unquestionably better but I was more impressed with the Raptors beating the Warriors then the Cavs beating the Warriors only because I expected the Cavs to beat the Warriors and could not for the life of me understand how they went down 3-1 to the Warriors when they had the supposed "GOAT".
    Those Warriors team were better than the 1996 Sonics, 1997 and 1998 Utah Jazz. They would definitely beat Jordan's 2nd 3 peat Bulls. Warriors just beat two MVP's in the Western Conference Finals in 7 games. (Westbrook, and Durant)

A 57 win team is not equal to a 73 win team. No excuses for the Warriors blowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    A 57 win team is not equal to a 73 win team.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by deathawaitu View Post
    Duh
    That’s the public consensus that Kawhi championship was more impressive

Kawhi didn’t need the commissioner’s help. My inside source told me LeBron was begging Adam Silver for help
    Silver let Kawhit sit out regular season games when he was healthy.

Let's compare 3rd option numbers

"Superstar" Kevin Love = 8-7-0 blocks on 36% shooting.

Siakam = 20-7-0 blocks on 50% shooting.

I think we're done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Silver let Kawhit sit out regular season games when he was healthy.
    Routinely. Just look at this season. It began on October 22. Kawhi skipped games on October 30 and November 6. So 10% into the season he already took 2 games often. It was an open defiance of the rules but Kawhi gets away with it because he simply can't play more than about 75% of the time.