Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hakeem Oajuwon said Harden is as good as an offensive player as Jordan and Chamberlai

I have to agree with the greatest defensive center of all time.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Hakeem Oajuwon said Harden is as good as an offensive player as Jordan and Chambe

I would say Durant is probably the better offensive player all around but Harden is definitely up there.

Harden is underrated I think though, he and Durant are the best scorers of this generation.

Efficiency wise those he's not close to Jordan or Wilt in their primes (obviously Wilt being a center skews that also) and also Harden is no where near as dominant of a scorer in the playoffs.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Hakeem Oajuwon said Harden is as good as an offensive player as Jordan and Chambe

What Hakeem said if you’re wondering:

“It’s very difficult to carry a team from that position, and [Harden] has proven that comfortably, reaching new heights,” Olajuwon said during an appearance on SportsTalk 790’s ‘The A-Team.’ “Look at his statistics. He’s a player to the level of Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain.”

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Pretty clear he means he’s scored at a Jordan and Wilt rate which along with Baylor, Barry, and Kobe types to hang around 35ish a game is the case.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

hakeem probably has some bias with it being the rockets... he's just cheering his home team on.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    then again there is that other half of the ball thats kind of important.

Some people would probably think that he has low standards for comparing him to jordan.

Going to have to disagree.

Harden has never led the playoffs in scoring and his playoff scoring high is only a paltry 45 points. It's like he's a completely different player in the postseason.

They not gonna like this.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

A rockets legend propping up a current rockets superstar

[QUOTE=julius erving;14031138]
    I have to agree with the greatest defensive cent
    chamberlin!why cant you spell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is the genius behind this alt? Keep up the good work.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

I will give Harden is a better long range and 3-point shooter than MJ but that's because of the style played today. Now in terms of skills he aint close to Jordan. Jordan was the best offensive two guard of all time (and defensive aswell) and Wilt in his prime was them most devastating offenice center (other than FTs). Lets compare MJ and Wilt's FG% when scoring and play-off or finals level of scoring and FG%....

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound View Post
    I will give Harden is a better long range and 3-point shooter than MJ but that's because of the style played today. Now in terms of skills he aint close to Jordan. Jordan was the best offensive two guard of all time (and defensive aswell) and Wilt in his prime was them most devastating offenice center (other than FTs). Lets compare MJ and Wilt's FG% when scoring and play-off or finals level of scoring and FG%....
    Olajuwon stated that Harden scores at the same rate as Jordan which is rather accurate at least for the RS. But that's where the comparison ends.

NBA rookie of the year

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Well he's wrong so.