Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default For the first time, the majority of people under 16 in America are nonwhite

Deal with it.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90521390/for-the-first-time-the-majority-of-people-under-16-in-america-are-nonwhite-and-hispanic

The face of America is changing fast: In 2019, for the first time ever, nonwhites and Hispanics were the majority for people under the age of 16, signaling a demographic shift that experts expect will continue over the coming decades.

Default Re: For the first time, the majority of people under 16 in America are nonwhite

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: For the first time, the majority of people under 16 in America are nonwhite

I read that texas gained 9 new Hispanics for every new white for a period of like 2 years recently. They will be the majority by 2022 or so. I wonder what American politics look like once Texas goes blue just one time coupled with the modern lock on other massive states. It wont in 2020. But the day will come. Texas will be a legit swing state off demographics alone one day and I wonder what the GOP platform will have to be when they cant win New York or California and Texas is even close to a tossup. This old super liberal marine I know tells me im being pessimistic to say texas cant be won yet but.....I dont see it. Maybe 2028 or so. Its coming thats for sure.

Eventually the lock on white males just wont be enough to keep republicans winning elections. Im sure they thank god daily the senate allows 2 people to rep places like Wyoming with 400 thousand people while 2 people rep 40 million and an economy the size of India in Cali.

The near empty middle of the country staying red with relatively few voters will give them an outsized influence for generations even as they have not won a nationwide vote by actual number of voters more than once in the last 30 years(2004).

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

I remember when white people would laugh and make jokes about so many Mexicans being smart and sharing one house together while saving money. They aren’t laughing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I read that texas gained 9 new Hispanics for every new white for a period of like 2 years recently. They will be the majority by 2022 or so. I wonder what American politics look like once Texas goes blue just one time coupled with the modern lock on other massive states. It wont in 2020. But the day will come. Texas will be a legit swing state off demographics alone one day and I wonder what the GOP platform will have to be when they cant win New York or California and Texas is even close to a tossup. This old super liberal marine I know tells me im being pessimistic to say texas cant be won yet but.....I dont see it. Maybe 2028 or so. Its coming thats for sure.

Eventually the lock on white males just wont be enough to keep republicans winning elections. Im sure they thank god daily the senate allows 2 people to rep places like Wyoming with 400 thousand people while 2 people rep 40 million and an economy the size of India in Cali.

The near empty middle of the country staying red with relatively few voters will give them an outsized influence for generations even as they have not won a nationwide vote by actual number of voters more than once in the last 30 years(2004).

If you think that republicans are going to go extinct because of changes in demographics, you are in for a huge disappointment.

This isnt the first time that the US has faced changes in demographics, and yet for virtually all of US history (with a couple exceptions like FDR), we have had two relatively evenly matched parties. This is because the whole point of our two party republic is that our elites own both parties and use them to divide and conquer the working class, and thus the parties will always design their policies and messaging to keep a relatively even split.

If or when the GOP starts getting smoked, they will adjust their policies and messaging to steal voters from the dems... that said, as long as the dems keep picking laughably terrible candidates like Hillary and Biden, the GOP probably wont need to make any changes.

The fastest growing groups are Asians and Hispanics, and many/most generally become Republicans after they establish themselves to a certain point. Sorry, the demographic fear mongering doesn't take.

I agree with Nanners. Industry is the backbone of the country and influence both parties so ultimately the ones at the top (elites) get first crack at psychologically influencing the masses through sheer financial power.

No they won’t go away. But I suspect they will be roughly what people consider moderate Democrats now. Kinda like a “liberal” from 60 years ago would still be more socially conservative than some modern republicans.

There isn’t that much difference now but the line is gonna totally blur when they can’t rely on white males making the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    The fastest growing groups are Asians and Hispanics, and many/most generally become Republicans after they establish themselves to a certain point. Sorry, the demographic fear mongering doesn't take.
    America grows more liberal over time no matter what. Socially in 50 years people will probably be ashamed of a lot of the things conservatives want now. The people stuck on traditional values at whatever time are generally looked back on like bigots and idiots. I was telling people that on here 18 years ago about gay marriage. Didn’t take long. Now you either accept it or you’re considered backwards. The fiscal issues are different but not by that much.

Give it time. The right of 2050 will be the left of 2020.

America grows more liberal over time no matter what. Socially in 50 years people will probably be ashamed of a lot of the things conservatives want now.
    In 50 years from now, people are going to be tearing down statues of Obama... after all, his career lowlights include things like building those cages where we hold immigrant children, facilitating a genocide in Yemen, reducing Libya from having the highest standard of living in all of Africa to being a war torn hellhole with public slave markets, and personally curating his own "kill list" of drone targets for our barbaric and indescriminate bombing across the middle east.

Funny that you bring up gay marriage as an example of the democrats being ahead of the curve... in 2008 both Obama and Hillary opposed gay marriage in their presidential platforms, Obama didnt come out in support of gay marriage until 2012, and Hillary didnt support gay marriage until 2013. Also, Bill Clinton was the one who passed DOMA in 1996 (which defined marriage as the union of one man and one woman)... which stood until the supreme court found it unconstitutional in 2015, and Bill was also the one who passed dont ask dont tell in 1994.

It's not really about white males vs minorities... it's about people with real world common sense AND people with money versus people with no real world common sense AND people with no money. That's basically what R v D boils down to. Sure, there are outliers all over the place, but that's the general four blocks of people voting R or D.

You are right, eventually it'll go blue, along with the rest. And as the United States becomes a progressively further and further failed state, whitey won't be able to be blamed any longer.

Widespread blue governance is going to kill the spirit of the American dream. Period. R governance spending tons of money on the military is morally bankrupt as hell, but it's also one of the reasons we've been able to have such a disproportionate say in world politics for as long as we have. In other words, you and I have benefited.

Then again, none of this really matters, the U.S. is going to collapse before it does... the currency is going into the shitter and nobody's paying attention. C'est la vie.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    that said, as long as the dems keep picking laughably terrible candidates like Hillary and Biden, the GOP probably wont need to make any changes.
    The Dem’s have had terrible candidates but after Trump who are the Republicans going to pick? They’ll be just as laughably bad.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Widespread blue governance is going to kill the spirit of the American dream. Period. R governance spending tons of money on the military is morally bankrupt as hell, but it's also one of the reasons we've been able to have such a disproportionate say in world politics for as long as we have. In other words, you and I have benefited.
    1. The American Dream was the idea that immigrates could come to America and prosper. Lol.

2. The average American did not benefit from the war in Vietnam. It only cost them 60,000 lives and a generation of men who are fcked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    1. The American Dream was the idea that immigrates could come to America and prosper. Lol.

2. The average American did not benefit from the war in Vietnam. It only cost them 60,000 lives and a generation of men who are fcked up.
    What? Are you fully literate? I'm not sure.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    I agree with Nanners. Industry is the backbone of the country and influence both parties so ultimately the ones at the top (elites) get first crack at psychologically influencing the masses through sheer financial power.
    Yeah and the only way the average person has any leverage is to vote with their money. Don’t support the elite’s and their industries simple as that. Voting is futile when the the real power is made through business transactions.