NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Who has the best team? Rank them from 1-8. All-Time Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    CP3 > Nash (by a mile)
    Allen > Klay
    LeBron > Kawhi (by a mile)
    KG > AD
    Dwight < Hakeem

i literally have the better player in 4/5 positions and bench is not going to be relevant in the real games as their only going to be playing like 10 minutes a game anyway
    You want to play it that way?

Big O > CP3
    T-Mac > Allen
    Durant < LeBron
    Barkley < Garnett (by a hair)
    Kareem >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    You want to play it that way?

Big O > CP3
    T-Mac > Allen
    Durant < LeBron
    Barkley < Garnett (by a hair)
    Kareem >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dwight

Yikes. Now he’ll suddenly start talking about “fit”

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

CP3 is arguably better than Oscar, and Dwight is a far better defender than Kareem, especially in today's era

peak Dwight was a legit MVP caliber player

Team 7 has 9 of 11 votes.

Team 5. Why? Because Bill Russell has shown himself to be a ringmaster with good talent around him. And that is really the only reason I got them winning. Really!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

Team 7 has 9 of 11 votes.
    I didn't think Manny was "Simon" (not the actual Simon Russwest0, but the guy people call "Simon" AKA Dray N Klay/Dubeta/etc), but this makes me think he is. He's hardly subtle here. It's a shame the voting wasn't public, although I'm pretty sure the votes for Manny are something along the lines of: Manny98, KD7, Jamal23, Lambruh, Scuzzy, AirBonner, Vino24, Stanley Kobrick, and ELITEPower23.
    Last edited by RRR3; 06-26-2020 at 07:46 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Team 5. Why? Because Bill Russell has shown himself to be a ringmaster with good talent around him. And that is really the only reason I got them winning. Really!
    Trust a Knicks fan to pick literally the worst team there

NBA sixth man of the year

I really like team 4 because the Kawhi/Hakeem duo with Davis as the 3rd wheel, Klay as the 4th option. Strong team. Steve Nash might get in the way because he likes to micromanage the offense like he did with suns. I would rather put a point guard like Lowry/Billups on that roster instead of Nash because all you need is them to make good passes and spot up 3 shooting. Nash likes to dribble for 15 seconds before he decides to pass it, that's great on the right roster but not needed when you have guys you can just dump it too like Kawhi/Hakeem/Davis.

Team 2 lacks 3 point shooting

Team 5 also lacks 3 point shooting outside of Dirk

Team 7 will be great as long as Dwight knows his role as a 3rd or 4th option scorer

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Trust a Knicks fan to pick literally the worst team there
    And what does a troll pretending to be a Nets fan know about this? You forget you were a Knicks fan a couple years ago? We have proof lil man

You wanna question Bill Russell's rings? OK go right ahead but he has more of them than he has fingers

Team 6

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Team 1 looks like the deepest team, team 6 has the best starting lineup (if we're talking peaks)

I voted team 1.

But of course I voted for my team

Chamberlain would just dominate the boards over any other center and hurl it down court to Magic Johnson who has a size advantage over any other guard in the history of the game. He will drive for the easy layup or feed the finishers in Pippen, West or Kemp, Johnson. Fling it outside to Miller or Ellis for the cheapo three.

In the half court Chamberlain either gets a high percentage shot (68%) or play the high post and hit guys curling off picks like West and McAdoo. They're nearly automatic from the field.

ETA: defense they'll be too disruptive in the passing lanes with Pippen and West, and active on the block. Even if teams went small team gotterdammerung can play fast with McAdoo as small ball big and leave in sharpshooters like Miller and Ellis and GINOBILI, getting open in a motion offense for the Magic pass.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Team 6

Starting lineup

John Stockton 91
    Dwyane Wade 09
    Julius Erving 76
    Karl Malone 96
    O’Neal 00

This starting lineup is extremely physical, strong defenders and rebounders at every position, and an absolute nightmare in transition. Stockton running with Wade and Erving would be automatic. There will be many half court alley oops. Karl and Shaq together will seriously take players out of games. By neutralizing them, fouling them out, or sending them to the hospital. That would be brutal, demoralizing, near impossible to try to deal with over the course of 4 quarters.

Stockton will be doing his thing in pick and roll and finding Malone and Shaq. Stockton can space the floor a bit and let Wade take on ball handling duties if needed. Erving is a capeable passer himself and will be able to keep the ball moving while looking for efficient buckets for himself as well.

Defensively the lineup is quite stifling. John Stockton is going to make it difficult for any point guard to operate. Wade at his prime was a borderline DPOY force. Quickness and strength rarely found in guards with a gigantic wingspan to boot. He has a nose for big plays and being in the right spots at the right time. Erving is as physically imposing as any small forward of all time and will give a great two way effort. There is a lot of low post scoring on these teams everyone has drafted and Malone and Shaq will be able to neutralize that to an extent.

There’s going to be a concentrated effort on getting Shaq started early. With the passing of Stockton Wade and Erving, the ball will be able to move freely until someone can get Shaq set up down low.

Now after getting beat down with physical and grinding basketball. We are going to be running and gunning hard with the second unit.

Damian Lillard 18
    Vince Carter 01
    Paul Pierce 02
    Larry Bird 85
    Joakim Noah 14

The floor will be spaced extremely well 1-4 , VC will be dunking. Everyone on this line up can shoot and pass and hold their own on defense. Matchup wise Larry Bird poses a problem for many teams in this lineup. There are a lot of large power forwards that won’t be comfortable coming out that deep to cover him. Larry of course is going to be the heart and soul of this second unit. His toughness and intangibles are going to elevate this squad to near or depending on matchup, surpassing the starters.
    This will possibly be the closers as well. If any teams want to try hack a Shaq hijinks they are going to have to deal with this. With 3 certified clutch gods in Bird, Pierce, and Lillard. This line up is going to be cold blooded down the stretch.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I think team 6 is by far the best starting 5 and they also have all kinds of great scoring off the bench. I don't understand why you would pick larry Bird with you're first pick and the not even start him.