Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Apple one-ups themselves again with Iphone 12

Good college starter

Default Re: Apple one-ups themselves again with Iphone 12

Taking minimalism a step too far?

...No charger? That's completely ridiculous. Can't believe lemmings actually friend for this kind of shit. They don't even need it for any practical reason. Could be saving themselves thousands of dollars if they just bought a cheaper phone that does the job.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

The trend of immediately identifying a kook based on his phone continues

It's actually makes a lot of sense as long as the price of the charger really does come off the price of the phone. A lot of customers already have good chargers and don't need an extra one. Same thing goes with the headphones. People are moving on to wireless earpods and other brands.

Phones don't need to come with headphones or chargers anymore. Just sell them separately. I bought the $1250 dollar 11 pro last month. I would have been okay if they took 50 bucks off and kept the headphones and charger.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07 View Post
    It's actually makes a lot of sense as long as the price of the charger really does come off the price of the phone. A lot of customers already have good chargers and don't need an extra one. Same thing goes with the headphones. People are moving on to wireless earpods and other brands.

Phones don't need to come with headphones or chargers anymore. Just sell them separately. I bought the $1250 dollar 11 pro last month. I would have been okay if they took 50 bucks off and kept the headphones and charger.
    The price of their charging block may be 20-30 dollars MSRP or whatever for the original but it costs them nowhere near that amount. If they decide not to include it I doubt they're taking off the MSR price -- they're taking away what, ten bucks at most it costs for them to make it.

This makes me think it's just another way to make more money while the mass thinks they're trying to do the opposite.

IMO no electronic product should be sold without everything needed for it to operate.

That said I'm still using an Iphone 6S Plus -- i prefer the fingerprint reader over the face recognition as wells a the headphone jack.

So are they upgrading anything over the 11? Getting rid of the front screen bezel thing?

Does anyone here actually buy new Apple phones regularly?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Apple is not being wasteful and showing they care about the environment. People already have a bunch of those chargers anyways. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare View Post
    The trend of immediately identifying a kook based on his phone continues
    This is the type of line that is actually parroted by the real kooks. My uncle is a computer engineer and he's been a computer related professional with a masters degree in physics since the early 80s... he gave me my first PC in like 1991 or 1992... he grew me up "hating Apple" because their stuff was so proprietary and had a lack of customization. As a result, I was brainwashed into thinking that Androids were better when smartphones first rolled around...

But I can tell you, in no uncertain terms, after having owned a combinations of androids and palm products for over a decade... and now having owned various iPhone iterations over the past 3 years... that the iPhone is by far and away the best in terms of user experience. It's not even remotely close. Their software is the best, it's the most stable, it's the cleanest... and... it just works.

Sure, if you are looking to modify your phone and really want to get underneath the hood, iPhones are not the way to go. But if you're just a normal person that wants a smart phone and price is not a major issue, which the vast majority of people are including the dumbasses that tout the "apple bad" line that think they know something that apple users don't... well... then you should have an iPhone. It is the best product in the smart phone market. No, it's not close. It's... clean. Androids aren't.

That uncle that's almost been in the industry for close to 40 years, by the way? He admitted to me a few years ago that he was wrong and that Apple really does put out some very solid products with very good operating systems.

I will say though... that their "planned obsolescence" is some really dirty corporate greed type shit. C'est la vie.

As far as this move goes specifically? It seems to be driven by a goal to cut costs as the implementation of 5g compatibility increases manufacturing costs? I don't know. But whatever. I keep my phones until they physically break. There is no point in upgrading. **** paying for a new phone annually. What a waste.

By the way, I currently own an 11... the original iPhone SE is the best phone I've ever owned. Fit perfectly in my pocket, very compact size... clean... and extremely sturdy. I must have dropped that thing dozens upon dozens of times without the screen breaking... no case or screen protector... finally one day... it happened. RIP. I've got a case and screen protector on my 11... it's a fragile piece of glass by comparison. The physical product is inferior to the original SE.

Imagine still supporting capitalism in this day and age.

Are you ok? Have you lost your mind? Or are you just bored to the point that every post henceforth will be a troll?

this is crazy lol.

probably still gonna get one tho. fck samsung, their sh1t looks nice but after having used iOS, it's FAR superior and more smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    this is crazy lol.

probably still gonna get one tho. fck samsung, their sh1t looks nice but after having used iOS, it's FAR superior and more smooth.
    Google Pixel is nice. Pixel 5 is going to be nice and since it's Google, you get updates right away

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Imagine still supporting capitalism in this day and age.
    We Americans have a choice. You can live in countries that doesnot promote ideal capitalism like Venezuela, Congo, Eritrea , Zimbabwe etc or visit Cuba or North Korea and see if their system fit your needs. There’s higher chance of reality check but it could work for you brah.