Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Can we please just split the country in two?

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Heres the thing.

Are “tweets and demeanor” the only thing most people really understand?

Yes.

So, will that influence their perceptions and proclivities far more than concrete policy ideas and philosophy, particularly complicated policy concepts where theres no clear cut right or wrong, good or bad?

Absolutely.

People know which words are okay for mr president to use and which words are bad words that teacher told us not to say. People dont know whether the federal reserve chairman nominated by the President has a compatible philosophy for current market conditions. They dont know if an executive order is balanced appropriately with the 10th amendment. How many amendments can the typical person name? Two?

If you have no context for judging a president on important things, of course it comes down to “I dont like the tone of voice he used when he said that speech.” Thats the level the masses are on and theyve always been on.

If you can speak in detail about the policy reasons you believe someone is a bad fit for president, and why someone else would be preferable.. thats fine.

If youre resorting to “Hes a meanie and I dont like his words, his twitterings arent presidential, hes too divisive!!!!”

It probably just means you dont understand any of the more important stuff.

And the fact that millions of people are in the same boat, is a far bigger problem to the country than any one man in the White House could present.

But thats the dirty little secret nobody wants to admit.

I want to believe that's the case but I'm not sure since I don't really know much about what Trump has done besides the tax cut for business

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Ball View Post
    I want to believe that's the case but I'm not sure since I don't really know much about what Trump has done besides the tax cut for business
    Rolled back heaps of regulations. Assigned great judges.

And just in general doesn't fold like the standard milquetoast republican.

Would have never got a tax cut with Jeb Bush or John Kasich. Would have never gotten Gorsuch or Kavanaugh in with those guys. They would've folded. And that's what the democrats in the end want. A republican that folds. A republican that doesn't fold, as you can tell in this thread, causes "division" and "hate" and "tears this country apart."

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Heres the thing.

Are “tweets and demeanor” the only thing most people really understand?

Yes.

So, will that influence their perceptions and proclivities far more than concrete policy ideas and philosophy, particularly complicated policy concepts where theres no clear cut right or wrong, good or bad?

Absolutely.

People know which words are okay for mr president to use and which words are bad words that teacher told us not to say. People dont know whether the federal reserve chairman nominated by the President has a compatible philosophy for current market conditions. They dont know if an executive order is balanced appropriately with the 10th amendment. How many amendments can the typical person name? Two?

If you have no context for judging a president on important things, of course it comes down to “I dont like the tone of voice he used when he said that speech.” Thats the level the masses are on and theyve always been on.

If you can speak in detail about the policy reasons you believe someone is a bad fit for president, and why someone else would be preferable.. thats fine.

If youre resorting to “Hes a meanie and I dont like his words, his twitterings arent presidential, hes too divisive!!!!”

It probably just means you dont understand any of the more important stuff.

And the fact that millions of people are in the same boat, is a far bigger problem to the country than any one man in the White House could present.

But thats the dirty little secret nobody wants to admit.
    Libs are out rioting and calling to defund the police yet somehow Trump is the source of drama. It's insane how brainwashed people get by the MSM. They've done a good job of somehow pinning the failures of democrat led cities on Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    So whether it's Trump's fault or whether it's the media's fault... it's Trump's fault? Got it. That statement is so incredibly dumb that it physically pains me.
    Well, that statement is less an indictment of me and what I said than it is the general public.

What I was saying is that although Trump gives enough bait to the obsessive "haters" where I can say believe the guy is a shit stain on the country but that is also compounded with the constant, incessant half-truths and strategic brainwashing ala MSNBC, CNN, progressive Twitter etc etc the list goes on and on.

My point was that even if I have support Trump on some issues and he may get a lot of nonsense hurled his direction, right or wrong if he ends up being taken out of office, whether it be for reasons of his own undoing or lies, mistruths and a funded witch hunt, it will be worth it just so we can try to turn a new page as a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    So whether it's Trump's fault or whether it's the media's fault... it's Trump's fault? Got it. That statement is so incredibly dumb that it physically pains me.
    You think only trump suffers the same scenario?

Trump should build the wall down the centre of America, left on one side, right the other.
    Let's see who flourishes.