why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Isnt putting bounty on troops just good ol "financing opposing forces"?

I dont get the big deal tbh. Whats the difference between this from training +supplying opposing militias?

Default Re: Isnt putting bounty on troops just good ol "financing opposing forces"?

Well done. You remembered the password.

Default Re: Isnt putting bounty on troops just good ol "financing opposing forces"?

Sure, this is probably normal in warfare.

What isn't normal is then inviting the president of the offending country to join the G7 and also publicly tell the media in Finland that you trust that president over your own intelligence agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime View Post

What isn't normal is then inviting the president of the offending country to join the G7 and also publicly tell the media in Finland that you trust that president over your own intelligence agencies.
    Getting it out of the way...Fake news.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime View Post

This makes sense. But indirect conflicts while governments still maintaining relationships are kinda normalized I think.
    Last edited by CeltsGarlic; 06-30-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Yes...It's all completely normal...Nothing to see here...

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic View Post
    This makes sense. But indirect conflicts while governments still maintaining relationships are kinda normalized I think.
    Not if we're talking about killing soldiers. A country as powerful as ours normally has some serious repercussions for that. Economic sanctions at the least, sometimes retaliatory strikes. But we certainly wouldn't see our President treating the leader of the offending country like his greatest ally. Trump is trying to get Russia into the G8. Trump has meetings with Putin of which we have no transcript, Trump confiscates the notes of the interpreter and doesn't let our intelligence community see it. So we have no idea what he discussed. And how many ex-intel leaders, defense secretaries and the like have accused him of impropriety?

There is no other American President of whom we can say things like this. His behavior is suspect at best.