Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Vladimir Lenin's criticisms of capitalism apply perfectly to modern American soci

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller View Post
    Still doing better than Soviet russia
    you have a very simple mind.

Default Re: Vladimir Lenin's criticisms of capitalism apply perfectly to modern American soci

Are any of you going to even try and attempt to refute the OP or just repeat "Communist man bad" like the mindless sheep you are? I asked ArbitraryWater to try and refute the OP, and he cowardly fled from the thread.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Capitalism has it's flaws but it's still 100x better than communism where they take away your basic human rights and put you in concentration camps for saying anything that goes against the government regime

See China

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    you have a very simple mind.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Capitalism has it's flaws but it's still 100x better than communism where they take away your basic human rights and put you in concentration camps for saying anything that goes against the government regime

See China
    No one inherently has any rights. Rights are based upon our concept of morality. Even so, Americans lack many things that would generally be defined as rights in other “successful” capitalist nations.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    I wonder how long it'll be before we have people on ISH referring to Hitler and Goebels as prophets as well.

You're all crazy for believing in and promoting communism.

I've had two girlfriends from countries that used to be part of the USSR and I'm dating a third one now - they all say the same things. The grandfather of one of them was even in prison for two years, all he did was write an anti communist message with chalk on a street in Prague.

Have you ever been to a former USSR country RRR3? I've been to a few of them, it's not pretty. I thoroughly hope you wake up one day and realize you were promoting nasty things in your 20s or however old you are, these threads are just disgusting.
    All those countries were way shittier before communism. By pretty much every measure the institution of communism led to a huge increase in the standard of living. However, the bourgeoisie were really the only people represented in journalism and literature, so they are vastly over-represented in the stories about communism. An literate ex-serf isn't getting their story told in the international press.

A good friend of mine is a quarter Chinese. His mom's father had to flee the communists in China. I asked her what he did, and she said "He didn't work. He lived in a palace". I don't really feel sorry for that guy. His story got told, but the hundreds of peasants who used to pay him rents? Their story doesn't get told in the West.

See China
    Did they have basic human rights in China or the Russian Empire before communism?

I'll save you a google....no. What was there to take away?

Before the revolution in Russia, nobles would carry a whip as a sign of their status. Peasants were often beaten for small infractions. Serfdom was still a thing in some places. Press and speech were heavily censored. Assembly wasn't a right. Cops would violently break up strikes. I could go on for a while. This is what the communists were fighting against.

I do know that the communists considered economic rights, like the right to an education, job, and housing. We still don't consider some of that stuff as a "right" in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Why would it need refuting? History has refuted it.
    Lol that's like saying liberal democracy was refuted in 1848. Communism hasn't been around that long bro, give it some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    I don't need to rebute anything. Some of it might sound good on paper, but history has not only shown that it doesn't work, but also that millions of people have lost their life due to living in this ideology, and many more have lived horrible lives because of it. This is not your only thread either, you've promoted someone as a communist folk hero or whatever your words of choice were.
    Why don't you take a trip around former UK colonies and ask them how capitalism worked out for them? Millions of people starve to death annually in capitalist countries.

Everyone wants to talk about the Ukraine Famine, nobody wants to talk about the Bengali Famine

America killed millions in Korea and Vietnam in the name of capitalism. Slavery was done in the name of capitalism (Slaves WERE capital). Go read about the Belgian Congo if you want to see what it looks like to run an entire country as a capitalist enterprise.

Global capitalism is based on supply chains that currently use child slavery.

Marx would be completely opposed to Lenin's violent, revolutionary tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Why don't you take a trip around former UK colonies and ask them how capitalism worked out for them? Millions of people starve to death annually in capitalist countries.

Everyone wants to talk about the Ukraine Famine, nobody wants to talk about the Bengali Famine

America killed millions in Korea and Vietnam in the name of capitalism. Slavery was done in the name of capitalism (Slaves WERE capital). Go read about the Belgian Congo if you want to see what it looks like to run an entire country as a capitalist enterprise.

indeed. maybe the problem isn't capitalism, maybe it's colonialism and white supremacy.

look at what black supremacy has done to the NBA... Marc Gasol gets no respect

Last edited by DoctorP; 07-03-2020 at 05:37 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Did they have basic human rights in China or the Russian Empire before communism?

I'll save you a google....no. What was there to take away?

Before the revolution in Russia, nobles would carry a whip as a sign of their status. Peasants were often beaten for small infractions. Serfdom was still a thing in some places. Press and speech were heavily censored. Assembly wasn't a right. Cops would violently break up strikes. I could go on for a while. This is what the communists were fighting against.

I do know that the communists considered economic rights, like the right to an education, job, and housing. We still don't consider some of that stuff as a "right" in the West.
    No China was way better before the communist authoritarians took over

No China was way better before the communist authoritarians took over
    Imperial China or China between 1912 and 1949?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Democracy under capitalism isn't actual demcoracy. Read the OP
    That's why you keep capitalism under control rather than go completely hands-free to let it run amok. You want a balance.

Lenin was a powerful leader, had some intelligent ideas & improved conditions after the Russian revolution, but ultimately history judges him in a negative light. He was an authoritarian douchebag, who is no different than Xi. I wouldn't want him running my country. Violence breeds more violence.