Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: So Twitter just suspended me...

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Amazing to me that small government conservatives think private companies should be forced to follow free speech rules applied to the government. Nobody has to let you use their business platform for your purposes. Your freedoms entitle you to make your own twitter. Not to use theirs any way you want. If you do a decent job you can then place your rules on it....

Youre owed a voice. Not anyone else’s platform.
    Rat poison.

Amazing to me that small government conservatives think private companies should be forced to follow free speech rules applied to the government. Nobody has to let you use their business platform for your purposes. Your freedoms entitle you to make your own twitter. Not to use theirs any way you want. If you do a decent job you can then place your rules on it....

You really love re-iterating this point about your precious „private companies“ which nowadays pose as political platforms, right?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

They're silencing OP just like they did with David Icke and other truth speakers

There's a lot of truth to this, however, the world has changed in 2020. Technology has shifted significantly and the platform that these companies offer is completely unrivaled in the rest of society. You know it, and I know it.

Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc... have a disproportionate impact on society for every day people to voice their opinions. This didn't exist in this fashion in the past... and now these companies are essentially choosing what they believe is true and what is not which is widely consumed. These platforms collectively are consumed by the public more than any other venue. It's a problem.

I agree with you in part, but I disagree with you in part. I don't have an easy answer. I'm not sure there is one.

There's more nuance here than you're leading on because... you want to troll or whatever it is, IDK.
    Last edited by Shogon; 07-03-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    You really love re-iterating this point about your precious „private companies“ which nowadays pose as political platforms, right?
    He reminds us constantly.

And yet that's not even the point. Twitter can do whatever the hell it wants. Doesn't make it right.

Twitter should really start to worry about will they even be around in 10 years. Their gestapo-like tactics do get tiring.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

We don't think they should be forced to follow free speech rules, it's their company, however we are perfectly within our right to point out their obvious hypocrisy

Most people on the right have happy fulfilling lives. Everyone knows, from companies, to social media, to the government, that people on the right have thicker skin and get less outraged and triggered by minor stuff, which is why they appease the left because they won't receive the same backlash from the right like they do from the left. The left has too much time on their hands and are ready to go to war for the most minor of perceived slights or what they think is injustice (which they see everywhere they look)

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    There's a lot of truth to this, however, the world has changed in 2020. Technology has shifted significantly and the platform that these companies offer is completely unrivaled in the rest of society. You know it, and I know it.

Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc... have a disproportionate impact on society for every day people to voice their opinions. This didn't exist in this fashion in the past... and now these companies are essentially choosing what they believe is true and what is not which is widely consumed. These platforms collectively are consumed by the public more than any other venue. It's a problem.

I agree with you in part, but I disagree with you in part. I don't have an easy answer. I'm not sure there is one.

There's more nuance here than you're leading on because... you want to troll or whatever it is, IDK.
    Bingo.

Not being given a voice on Twitter or another huge platform, means having significantly less of a voice.

You are not allowed to engage in mass discourse anymore.

And since you those platforms make a lot of money, they should carry some responsibility of being at least neutral.

Any adult who uses Twitter (or Facebook for that matter) is mentally ill. This is your opportunity to finally go outside. Embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    We don't think they should be forced to follow free speech rules, it's their company, however we are perfectly within our right to point out their obvious hypocrisy

Most people on the right have happy fulfilling lives. Everyone knows, from companies, to social media, to the government, that people on the right have thicker skin and get less outraged and triggered by minor stuff, which is why they appease the left because they won't receive the same backlash from the right like they do from the left. The left has too much time on their hands and are ready to go to war for the most minor of perceived slights or what they think is injustice (which they see everywhere they look)
    Members of the blue team and the red team are equally sensitive about different things. You would realize this if you weren’t a diehard supporter of the red team.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    The people posting messages make it political. It remains someone else’s property. It’s political. It’s jokes. It’s memes. It’s celeb gossip. It’s an idea....and you have no right to police it. You have a right to have your own. How right wingers so often talking about slippery slopes don’t see the greater threat to liberty from the government telling you to follow free speech laws on your own property is crazy to me.

Now it seems it falls to the liberal to defend the free market. Twilight zone shit.

There was no twitter or reddit or whatever...then the internet provided thousands of options and the market gave several disproportionate power. I will not use being better than a gang of shitty startups that came along with them against a big private company. They have the exact share of the market that the people of this country and the world gave them of their free will because of them doing an excellent job.

Start conservative Twitter. Hell many people already did. If they don’t support it enough for its revenue to justify expansion....tell me why that isn’t the free market at work.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

About time someone told Chewing to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    He reminds us constantly.

And yet that's not even the point. Twitter can do whatever the hell it wants. Doesn't make it right.

Twitter should really start to worry about will they even be around in 10 years. Their gestapo-like tactics do get tiring.
    Yet another point....

Twitter might NOT be around....because their power is the people who choose them. Their platform is nothing without the free market deciding to use it. How long since you signed onto MySpace?

You wanna make the rules make a better platform the people choose.

It happens. It’s gonna keep happening.

Who ever heard of tik tok? Then it’s a direct line to every 16 year old on the planet.

Your role is to do better than them or support those trying. Not to go big government and police the right of private business to decide who they cater to.

Maybe take the route of conservatives on the internet being a suspect class and go for protections like gays from discrimination but I suspect 50 people have tried that and been laughed out of a courtroom. It’s worth a google though.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc... have a disproportionate impact on society for every day people to voice their opinions.
    Unless you are a celeb or public figure, most people don't actually have a voice on these platforms...for an "everyday person" getting noticed by the masses takes a viral tweet which requires a ton of luck.

Here you go....Parker. Conservative minded free speech based social media to replace Facebook and Twitter. Millions of users.

Support it. Other do the same....more as revenue. Better servers. More employees. Bigger names move to it.

Thats the fix. Not trying to make free speech means what it never did. I was told wiping your ass with the constitution was the lefts job.