Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Default Re: Jeff Bezos is up to 190 billion.

Insidehoops Jeff >>>> Jeff Bezos

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~ View Post
    I think very highly of Bezos and don't demonize him nearly as much as most...BUT there are several facets that are needed on the path to get where he is, it's more than just hard work, motivation, extreme intelligence, connections, starting money, etc etc etc...all the things mentioned in here...one of the biggest facets is straight up good old fashioned LUCK...Bezos is not one of a kind, there are lots of people out there with his qualities...you can watch Shark Tank and see lots of driven hard working dreamers get loans to start up businesses that are great ideas, none of them end up being Amazon. His idea "HIT" waaaaaaaaay harder than Bezos himself ever imagined. He didn't picture it being anything bigger than a website to buy used books.
    Well, timing was certainly the huge advantage on his side. When he started Amazon, nobody had a grasp over the e-commerce sector, which was pretty much brand new at the time in mid-90s. His only real competition initially was Barnes and Nobles, but I don't even know if Barnes and Nobles had e-commerce website before Bezos came along with Amazon. Of course, Amazon added other products, leaving his rivals behind, and the rest is history.

Amazon also had one of the best search algorithms, which was one of the biggest advantages he had over his rivals. People didn't have to sit there long time trying to find what they wanted. With a good algorithm like Amazon uses, one search and chances are consumers won't even need to go past first page.

Such a new business cannot compete with Amazon today. Jet.com tried and failed spectacularly. Whoever comes first takes the cake in business, especially if they don't stop improving & building a loyal following.

I remember buying books on Amazon when that's all they did. Should have bought their stock I guess.

https://www.philanthropy.com/article...ion-for/244511

There are plenty of billionaires who have done less
    Did you read that article?

It further shows why he's the least generous amongst the 1%

**** Jeff Bezos

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Did you read that article?

It further shows why he's the least generous amongst the 1%
    In comparison to Buffett and Gates who are philanthropy nuts...no one compares to those two. And yeah in terms of % Bezos could certainly be higher...but there are billionaires who flat our give nothing or very little, like Trump.

In comparison to Buffett and Gates who are philanthropy nuts...no one compares to those two. And yeah in terms of % Bezos could certainly be higher...but there are billionaires who flat our give nothing or very little, like Trump.
    And how do you know this? He has never disclosed his tax records... so that's quite the reach.

And are you really putting Trump in the same category as the others in the article? Way to throw your TDS into this.

I used Trump because he is known for his lack of philanthropy...but since that sets off YOUR TDS, we can use the Waltons...or really a plethora of lesser known billionaires that give very little.

Bezos isn't on Buffett/Gates level...but at least he has given something...all I was pointing out

And I can remember when he gave that $2B...lots of people on Twitter complaining about it...like it wasn't shit.

But at that time it was like 3-4% of his net worth...most of those complaining probably haven't donated 3% of their own net.