Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Durant > LeBron As A Scorer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Just ended the thread
    It was made by your fellow bran stan tho

Quote Originally Posted by dreamshake View Post
    Durant and it’s not close.

Source: I have eyes.
    Your eyes have never seen Kevin Durant score 55 points, let alone 60.

Indeed, KD has only scored 50 points or more 6 times in his entire career and never more than 54. And he's supposed to be a score first guy?

LeBron has four 55+ point games and they say he's a "pass first" guy.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    also gotta consider durant playing in the west... every round he was seeing some juggernaut. mavs, warriors, spurs over and over... while lebron could coast and pad on cream puff teams out east.
    Playing with Westbrook and against worse defenses overall.

Seen you claim that a good offense makes players work harder. No doubt. But better defenses hold teams and players in check. Not ALWAYS but they're ranked best for a reason. Again, those teams are generally in the eastern conference.

When teammates are a wash, Lebron plays better against contact. And physical defenders.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Your eyes have never seen Kevin Durant score 55 points, let alone 60.

Indeed, KD has only scored 50 points or more 6 times in his entire career and never more than 54. And he's supposed to be a score first guy?

LeBron has four 55+ point games and they say he's a "pass first" guy.

Just saying.

No.

Generally speaking, LeBron is more aggressive at attacking the paint and better at seizing upon easy and efficient scoring opportunities (this includes drawing fouls at an alarming rate), and LeBron has the more versatile offensive game and at involving teammates on offense, but KD is the better shooter, KD has the wider array of ways to score the basketball, KD is better at creating his own offense without his teammates' help, KD can take over a game and shoulder the scoring load better, KD is better at scoring in difficult scoring situations like, oh I don't know, over multiple defenders and generally speaking is more difficult to defend against.

Local High School Star

Lebron is definitely an underrated scorer. Just look at the numbers. They don't lie. Lebron is one of the greatest scorers in NBA History. Regular season and Playoffs. Deal with it. Durant is a more versatile scorer. Definitely a better shooter. That doesn't make him better. KD has never even scored 60 points in his career. Harden is arguably a better scorer than KD. We don't know if KD has the stamina and durability plays a role in all this too.

KD > Libron

Not even close

Quote Originally Posted by Lion's pride View Post
    I don't need to see a single stat when comparing scoring careers.. I personally believe KD is a top 4 scorer in NBA history on ABILITY

the top 4 scorers ever in seniority order. Wilt, KAJ, Jordan, KD..
    Ability, sure. Durant was gifted with tools that could make him the greatest to ever play. An above average, seven foot guard with Curry like shooting touch and mechanics. Yet, he's not been able to crack the top 15, perhaps 20, due to being a gigantic mental midget who crumbles at the slightest form of pressure. Hence having to be carried by the greatest team of all time and always coming up short when he had to be top dog. Durant hasn't been better than LeBron at the one thing he's known for, lol.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Ability, sure. Durant was gifted with tools that could make him the greatest to ever play. An above average, seven foot guard with Curry like shooting touch and mechanics. Yet, he's not been able to crack the top 15, perhaps 20, due to being a gigantic mental midget who crumbles at the slightest form of pressure. Hence having to be carried by the greatest team of all time and always coming up short when he had to be top dog. Durant hasn't been better than LeBron at the one thing he's known for, lol.
    he is a bit of a "mental midget" for sure.. but that is apples to oranges IMO. Scoring ability vs mental toughness are 2 separate things..

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    This guy forgot all about 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018

In 2018 alone LeBron crushed any myth you could imagine.

#1 all time PER for Finals playoff run (32.2)

Is literally as efficient as can be, while averaging what, 34 on 54% or something? Let me known when Fraudon ever did that.

NEXT
    Volume shooting dumbass. I didnt say hes not a great scorer. Hes one of the best. 15 finals was the only one where he shot more than 30 shots a game. This is something mj did pretty regularly with great efficiency. Lebron rarely does. Hes better at letting the game come to him like In the other finals you mentioned. In those finals he shot much less.

I didnt forgot about anything. You just dont know what the f*ck your talking about

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KD7 View Post
    LeBrons efficiency in the 2015 finals was due to him playing with absolutely zero spacing and being forced to basically do everything on the court as his second option was Matthew Dellavadova

In the 2018 playoffs LeBron averaged 34ppg off 62% True shooting

He also averaged 35 off 62% True shooting in the 09 playoffs

MJ never replicated the combined volume & efficiency of peak LeBron. He had the volume but fell short in efficiency
    Well you said it best. Zero spacing which is actually pretty similar to how the game was played in the 90's so theres really no excuse. Go back and watch that series. Warriors didnt do anything special. They basically let iggy gaurd him straight up and everyone else was ready to help if he got beat. And all iggy did defensively for the most part was play 5 feet off and dare him to shoot the j. This isnt arguable its on video dude.

And 2018 or any other year is irrelevant because i was talking specifically volume shooting like mj. So 30 plus shots a game type shit. In ever other finals, he was in the mid low 20's in attempts. Thats letting the game come to you which hes great at as i already stated in my initial comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion's pride View Post
    he is a bit of a "mental midget" for sure.. but that is apples to oranges IMO. Scoring ability vs mental toughness are 2 separate things..
    One affects the other, does it not?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post

Yeah this is interesting. I would say to cut off KD's after 2016 because that was the last year he was on a team that wasn't historically stacked in his favor.

Steph was catching the double teams while KD faced single coverage. His efficiency naturally skyrocketed to ridiculous levels once he left OKC and joined a 73-win team.

LeBron scored on elite efficiency on essentially no matter what team he was on his whole playoff career. He put up KD numbers in the playoffs his last three years in the Cavs, his best one being in 2018. LeBron is the second or third greatest scorer ever in terms of volume and efficiency and overall resiliency. KD would be outside of my top five.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92 View Post
    Yeah this is interesting. I would say to cut off KD's after 2016 because that was the last year he was on a team that wasn't historically stacked in his favor.

Steph was catching the double teams while KD faced single coverage. His efficiency naturally skyrocketed to ridiculous levels once he left OKC and joined a 73-win team.

LeBron scored on elite efficiency on essentially no matter what team he was on his whole playoff career. He put up KD numbers in the playoffs his last three years in the Cavs, his best one being in 2018. LeBron is the second or third greatest scorer ever in terms of volume and efficiency and overall resiliency. KD would be outside of my top five.
    well lebron dosnt face doubles either and hes been on stacked teams. Theyve also been in 2 totally different roles. Kd has essentially been a shooting gaurd his whole career. He dosnt have the ball in his hands alot and when he does its intended for him to look to score. Lebron on the other hand has essentially been a point gaurd. In the systems he plays in hes intended to play make, wether its for him or others. Because lebron is in this position and has the ball alot more its easier for him to take his shots as they present itself. This allows for better efficiency. Lebron himself has spoke on this

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    One affects the other, does it not?
    \

not in this case... KD is/was a great scorer who took the mentally weak way out to join GS.. I would call him a punk azz P#ssy for that, but still a great scorer..