Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm a basketball slave.

I am a slave to basketball. For no money, I play constantly. I use it to work out and the exercise helps me think. I drill extensively to keep my skills in order and I push myself physically in order to maintain fitness and balance to play the game. I also endlessly watch basketball and even dream about it.

I will get laughed at by pro athletes because they get paid to play, while I play to keep in shape and for fun and stress relief. They get to travel the world, get fed and make money to play in front of crowds while I play alone next to no one for no glory except inner-discipline.

I'm fine with it.
    Last edited by DoctorP; 07-14-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Default Re: I'm a basketball slave.

Exactly why we need reparations. I'm quite offended by your use of the word 'slave.'

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Exactly why we need reparations. I'm quite offended by your use of the word 'slave.'
    woah, woah, two-pronged joke here. The joke about the liberal use of the term "slave" and then the reparations joke...

Same. I used to play college water polo, and after I graduated I missed the feeling of honing my skills and using them in a team setting. I started going to my local courts and never stopped. I was out there every single day this week, working on left handed layups and then surprising people with them in pickup games. Ball is life.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Same. I used to play college water polo, and after I graduated I missed the feeling of honing my skills and using them in a team setting. I started going to my local courts and never stopped. I was out there every single day this week, working on left handed layups and then surprising people with them in pickup games. Ball is life.
    I also played water-polo. Cheers! Tough sport but the babes were hot.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Lol

Nice! My family is from California (my dad and uncle played for Brown and UCLA respectively), but I grew up on the east coast, where it wasn't very popular. I was the only person from my state to make the Olympic Development Program for 17-18 year olds.

While my uncle was at UCLA, he played in off-season pickup games with Jason Kidd and Gary Payton (who were training in LA).

Nice! My family is from California (my dad and uncle played for Brown and UCLA respectively), but I grew up on the east coast, where it wasn't very popular. I was the only person from my state to make the Olympic Development Program for 17-18 year olds.

While my uncle was at UCLA, he played in off-season pickup games with Jason Kidd and Gary Payton (who were training in LA).
    I played WP in high-school and it kicked my ass. I used it to try to get close to a girl on the girls team and became quite adept at treading water but quit before the season began. I never hooked up with her again.

I played WP in high-school and it kicked my ass. I used it to try to get close to a girl on the girls team and became quite adept at treading water but quit before the season began. I never hooked up with her again.
    I hooked up with a girl's wp player in high school and then she transed to a dude years later in college. Lost her D1 swimming scholarship over that.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

I hooked up with a girl's wp player in high school and then she transed to a dude years later in college. Lost her D1 swimming scholarship over that.
    Wow. Must be very confusing.

You love basketball and are passionate about it. That is a great and beautiful. Literally nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Wow. Must be very confusing.
    Eh, not really. Just funny. S/he swam ~23 second 50 free, which is very very fast for girls. Can't believe they couldn't hold out for that scholarship.

I really can't wait for basketball to be back on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk View Post
    You love basketball and are passionate about it. That is a great and beautiful. Literally nothing wrong with that.
    yeah, i'm okay with it. I'm no narcissitic glory-hog. I mean, some of the best structures in the city were built using slave labor. Slaves did good work.