Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Can Clippers become a dynasty?

I think if they just keep putting good role players around their big 3 of Kawhi/George/Harrell, we may have a potential dynasty on our hands. Harrell is playing the Manu 6th man role, while Kawhi/George are a better version of Duncan/Parker.

Kawhi is 29, George is 30, Harrell is 26. That big 3 could hang with any big 3 in NBA history. On top of that, they are still young enough to pull it off. If Kawhi/George/Harrell stay healthy and in prime until 2026 I see them winning at least 5 rings together. All clippers need to do is continue to build 3 and d guys around these three and they have a dynasty on their hands.

The winningest big 3 of all time is Duncan/Parker/Manu and I feel they hold their own with them.

Kawhi > Duncan
    George = Manu
    Harrell > Parker

Default Re: Can Clippers become a dynasty?

No.

Kobe Stan

They certainly can as long as Kawhi and PG stay healthy. Honestly it will be a big failure on the Clippers part if they don't win the chip this year (as long as they are healthy and no covid-19 shenanigans).

best team in the west for sure

To clarify, I expect the Clippers to win it all this year. But you think Kawhi's quads are going to hold out for 3+ titles? Dubious. A dynasty has to win 3 or more basically... and I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    To clarify, I expect the Clippers to win it all this year. But you think Kawhi's quads are going to hold out for 3+ titles? Dubious. A dynasty has to win 3 or more basically... and I don't see that happening.
    Keep load managing him through out the dynasty. By the 2nd half of the dynasty, Harrell can take a bigger role over aging George. Kawhi doesn't rely on athleticism, he relies on his iq, jumpshot, physical strength. So Kawhi's prime should go til about 2026.

I don't think so, Kawhi is on his last leg just like Durant

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    I don't think so, Kawhi is on his last leg just like Durant
    He just posted career highs in PPG and APG, how is that on your last legs.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Lol imagine Kawhi load managing his way to 5 fmvps. And less than 15k total points. He would be so hard to rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Lol imagine Kawhi load managing his way to 5 fmvps. And less than 15k total points. He would be so hard to rank.
    Prime kawhi fixing to go until 2026 to give him a 9 year prime.

2020 ring
    2021 ring
    2022 loss to Giannis
    2023 ring
    2024 ring
    2025 loss to Luka
    2026 ring

5 rings during his clippers tenure with George/Harrell rotating on who is his 2nd and 3rd wheels. 5 + 2 = 7 finals MVPS for Kawhi by 35 years old and he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    I agree with this.

But if the clippers match or exceed your expectations OP, i would be happy about that.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Shouldn't be talking dynasty about a team that doesn't even have one ring.

So many factors have to go right for Kawhi and the Clippers. I don't think they can be a dynasty (depends on how you define "dynasty" in NBA terms) but I do believe they have the ability to go to 3+ Finals (consecutively or inbetween years, doesn't matter to me) and at least win 1 or 2 of them. That's my expections for Kawhi. If Kawhi snags a few more All-NBA selections, All-D selections, and get at least 1 Final MVPs, the LeBron vs Kawhi debates will start to heat up more frequently and become a lot more interesting. Regardless of my opinions, I wish Kawhi and the Clippers luck in the POs this year and in the near future. Of course the Clippers don't even have a ring yet so not sure why we should start labeling them as a "dynasty".
    Last edited by Turbo Slayer; 07-14-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Shouldn't be talking dynasty about a team that doesn't even have one ring.
    This. Let's see if they can even win 1 first. Let's say bad luck happens and Lakers or Bucks win the next two. PG and Kawhi are opting out after next year and if the results are disappointing, no telling what happens with this core. I think personally Kawhi is a lock to stay considering he doesn't wanna play with LeBron and fought so hard to come to LA, not as sure about PG. By then Lou+Pat Bev will need replacing.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer View Post
    So many factors have to go right for Kawhi and the Clippers. I don't think they can be a dynasty (depends on how you define "dynasty" in NBA terms) but I do believe they have the ability to go to 3+ Finals (consecutively or inbetween years, doesn't matter to me) and at least win 2 of them. That's my expections for Kawhi. If Kawhi snags a few more All-NBA selections, All-D selections, and get at least 1 Final MVPs, the LeBron vs Kawhi debates will start to heat up more frequently and become a lot more interesting. Regardless of my opinions, I wish Kawhi and the Clippers luck in the POs this year and in the near future.
    Also gotta factor most dynasties happen with much younger stars. PG just turned 30 last week, Kawhi 29 couple weeks ago. Warriors dynasty for example happened when those guys were around 25 years old.