Default Canelo Alvarez vs Callum Smith for the WBO, WBA, Ring Super Middleweight Titles

They are currently in negotiations right now. Rumor schedule is on September 12. Callum Smith is 6'3" and the best Super Middleweight right now. I'd still pick Canelo via stoppage in the 11th round.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Callum Smith for the WBO, WBA, Ring Super Middleweight Titles

Easy fight for Canelo.

Default Re: Canelo Alvarez vs Callum Smith for the WBO, WBA, Ring Super Middleweight Titles

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Easy fight for Canelo.
    There was some other guy who was offered the fight also. So much of a no name guy, I can't even remember it now lol.

I'm curious what the best fight out there for Canelo is right now.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    There was some other guy who was offered the fight also. So much of a no name guy, I can't even remember it now lol.

I'm curious what the best fight out there for Canelo is right now.
    Either one of the Charlo's.

Good college starter

Canelo should be fighting Beterbiev but again cherry-picking another weak title holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Canelo should be fighting Beterbiev but again cherry-picking another weak title holder.
    He absolutely should not go up 2 weight classes to fight a killer. Beterbiev is a nobody. Nothing to gain for Canelo and a lot to lose.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    He absolutely should not go up 2 weight classes to fight a killer. Beterbiev is a nobody. Nothing to gain for Canelo and a lot to lose.

Non sense, he went up 2 weight classes and fought Kovolev. Beterviev is better on Canelo legacy. In essence, the greater the risk the greater the accomplishment. He’s considered the best at that weight class and also unified champ to boot. Smith does not offer much on Canelo legacy but just another paper belt that he already won before so it’s more like a stay busy fight. Saunders would have been the better choice at 168 but apparently Saunders is not ready for a career payday.