Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default New York City shootings rose 177% in July

I'm not very good at Math, but that seems like a lot.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...uly-data-shows

Shooting incidents across New York City during the month of July jumped 177% compared to July of last year, the city’s police department said, as the Big Apple continues to grapple with a dramatic rise in gun violence.

The figures released this week come after police confirmed to Fox News on Sunday that the number of shootings in New York City so far this year has passed those throughout the entirety of 2019.

"Amid the ongoing challenges of these times, the NYPD's commitment to public safety never wavers," Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said in a statement, according to Fox5 NY. "Our men and women officers represent the best of the policing profession and work every day alongside those they serve in an ongoing joint mission to protect life, prevent crime and build safer neighborhoods for everyone across our great city."

Police data obtained by the station shows there were 244 shootings in July 2020, compared to 88 in the same month last year.

The 54 murders reported in July also represent a 59% increase from the 34 recorded during July 2019, Fox5 NY says.

On Aug. 1, the city saw its 777th shooting this year, surpassing the 776 the city recorded in 2019.

To date, only seven of New York City’s 77 police precincts have not reported a shooting in 2020, according to the New York Post.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
    I can only conclude from this information that police are the problem. There are too many police on the streets and criminals cannot handle the sight of them, so they lash out. NYC needs less police.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: New York City shootings rose 177% in July

You're a racist bigot. People are protesting peacefully, they dindu nuffin.

Chicago sees 139% jump in murders, uptick in shootings in July 2020
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...ders-shootings

July saw the largest mass shooting in recent Chicago history, along with at least 58 minors shot.

Murders more than doubled last month in Chicago compared to the same month last year, according to new data released by Chicago police.

Kidding.... democrat leaders of these dumpsters did do something... they encouraged more hatred and incited more violence like the treasonous scumbags they are.

Democrats and progressives should be round up and drowned in buckets of water.

none of you people are real people. dumb fake shit

**** off. this site is trash

now that quarantine is over im done with your crap writing

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msbutthurt View Post
    You're a racist bigot. People are protesting peacefully, they dindu nuffin.

Chicago sees 139% jump in murders, uptick in shootings in July 2020
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...ders-shootings

Kidding.... democrat leaders of these dumpsters did do something... they encouraged more hatred and incited more violence like the treasonous scumbags they are.

Democrats and progressives should be round up and drowned in buckets of water.
    I just can't fathom how Democrats keep getting elected in these cities. It's as if there is a disconnect in reality. They don't seem to realize or care about the crime statistics, and are brainwashed to believe that Democrats still have their best interest at heart.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Orange man bad.

Obviously the white mans fault

But police brutality is down right? That’s what counts

Never forget that black lives still matter, guys.

Wow, so shootings almost tripled. Do you have data on the boroughs, or perhaps counties?

Gotta get these guns off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by msbutthurt View Post
    A better idea than taking guns away from people.... shooting criminals. Sign me up, I'll help.
    Sure you will we don't need butthurt women out on rampages.

BTW you can show the door to all the people whining about current events too. Go to a country that doesn't allow BLM if you don't like them

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Sure you will we don't need butthurt women out on rampages.

BTW you can show the door to all the people whining about current events too. Go to a country that doesn't allow BLM if you don't like them
    Yeah... why dont you go to Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, or one of the other Arab monarchies that bans movements like BLM? (in addition to banning any other movement that tries to advance civil rights in any way)

Gotta get these guns off the street.
    This is precisely what law enforcement wants because they claim they wouldn't have to react as tense if they didn't have to assume a gun behind every corner. So while I understand conservatives value the institution of law enforcement remember they can also be used against your liberties as well. In most non-US states it's actually law enforcement that pushes anti-gun agendas, so I tend to pay attention to when that rhetoric enters the American discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Yeah... why dont you go to Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, or one of the other Arab monarchies that bans movements like BLM? (in addition to banning any other movement that tries to advance civil rights in any way)
    Hey man I don't want him leaving the country over that. I was just using the same logic he was. Telling someone to leave a country as precious as this is stupid. I know I have it great. I don't agree with everything that goes on here but you're gotdamn right I watch fireworks and wear an abercrombie shirt with a flag on it for independence day, as I eat a halal hot dog with some non alcoholic drink

Hey man I don't want him leaving the country over that. I was just using the same logic he was. Telling someone to leave a country as precious as this is stupid. I know I have it great. I don't agree with everything that goes on here but you're gotdamn right I watch fireworks and wear an abercrombie shirt with a flag on it for independence day, as I eat a halal hot dog with some non alcoholic drink

you wear abercrombie shirts as an adult? remind me... you havent come out of the closet as gay yet, right?

anyway I dont want you to leave the country, I love that america is a place where homosexual muslims can talk shit on basketball message boards all day without fear of ever being scooped up by the secret religious police.