Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should the Lakers tank against Houston?

Ensure that Houston will almost safely be secured the 3rd seed?

They have an easy last 4 games while Denver's become tough, but if they fall 2 gms behind Denver, momentum might turn one way..

Default Re: Should the Lakers tank against Houston?

Naw this stuff backfires often. hou could get upset in the 1st round and the clips might have an easier matchup, there’s too much uncertainty. Either play hard the next few games to be ready for the playoffs, coast through to be well rested or do a half and half split.

No, the Lakers shouldn't tank against anyone.

They should either rest their players because that's what they were going to do... or just try to win games.

If you purposefully try to tank games with the idea of avoiding other teams, it's a subconscious thing that you're acknowledging that you're afraid of having to play certain teams. **** that. Just have the attitude that you can win. If you let that doubt sink in to the point that you will purposefully avoid teams... that doubt will often manifest itself into reality.

Just play to win... or rest because that was the plan anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Naw this stuff backfires often. hou could get upset in the 1st round and the clips might have an easier matchup, there’s too much uncertainty. Either play hard the next few games to be ready for the playoffs, coast through to be well rested or do a half and half split.
    i think its pretty straight forward tbh

its about who you'd rather play in the semis

i'd rather play den/uta/okc than hou, even as a 1st seed

and you suggested doing a half half split?

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    No, the Lakers shouldn't tank against anyone.

They should either rest their players because that's what they were going to do... or just try to win games.

If you purposefully try to tank games with the idea of avoiding other teams, it's a subconscious thing that you're acknowledging that you're afraid of having to play certain teams. **** that. Just have the attitude that you can win. If you let that doubt sink in to the point that you will purposefully avoid teams... that doubt will often manifest itself into reality.

Just play to win... or rest because that was the plan anyways.
    I agree about being a dangerous thing for mentality, in case you end up playing that team. ESPECIALLY if they'd tank and somehow Hou still ends up the 4th seed.

But I still think its the logical choice.

You simply have a better chance of winning against DEN than HOU.

They could just rest their top dawgs / LeBron&AD.

Its a B2B for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    i think its pretty straight forward tbh

its about who you'd rather play in the semis

i'd rather play den/uta/okc than hou, even as a 1st seed

and you suggested doing a half half split?
    Not necessarily only the lakers know what would work best. I don’t even know which split is better playing hard the 1st 3-4 resting to end the season or resting the 1st 3-4 then play hard going into the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Not necessarily only the lakers know what would work best. I don’t even know which split is better playing hard the 1st 3-4 resting to end the season or resting the 1st 3-4 then play hard going into the playoffs
    Im just suggesting they should rest their top 2 on a B2B

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Im just suggesting they should rest their top 2 on a B2B
    I'm sure they will. Can't see any reason to trot them out there on a b2b when 1st seed is already locked up.

They probably will, not that Houston needs them to.

NBA sixth man of the year

If Lakers tank that game, they will tank the Aug 10th game vs nuggets as well. It cancels out at the end.

Why won't you just face rockets in 2nd round? Are you that insecure about anthony Davis not being able to dominate a bunch of midgets? I'm sure Harrell will kill them in the paint with no Capella..

Very good NBA starter

I don't see the Lakers really tanking games except the last 2 games where I expect AD rests and Lebron plays a half.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Look at little Arby, scared of the rockets. They do have KO power, and are probably better than the thunder, jazz, and nugs in that regard, but there's no need to be a bitch and tank games to avoid them. Plus the Lakers are the perfect rock to their scissors. They have the inside presence to totally take advantage of their lack of big man personel.

TBH, the thunder would scare me the most of that group. Gallo no longer has the pressure of being the first option, CP3 can set him up beautifully, and still looks in prime mode. He's a sleeping giant based on his numbers, he could blow up whenever...especially when it matters. SGA is a rising young star. Steven Adams is a perfect playoff center and they have Noel backing him up. They are just a very well rounded team in terms of playmakers, shooters, and defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Look at little Arby, scared of the rockets. They do have KO power, and are probably better than the thunder, jazz, and nugs in that regard, but there's no need to be a bitch and tank games to avoid them. Plus the Lakers are the perfect rock to their scissors. They have the inside presence to totally take advantage of their lack of big man personel.

TBH, the thunder would scare me the most of that group. Gallo no longer has the pressure of being the first option, CP3 can set him up beautifully, and still looks in prime mode. He's a sleeping giant based on his numbers, he could blow up whenever...especially when it matters. SGA is a rising young star. Steven Adams is a perfect playoff center and they have Noel backing him up. They are just a very well rounded team in terms of playmakers, shooters, and defenders.
    lol

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

No, not against Houston.

But the Lakers should definitely tank against the Thunder.

Seems like a no brainer.

Get it done, LeBron.

Local High School Star

You can smell the fear in OP's post. LeBron wants no part of facing western conference contenders in the playoffs. His stans embody this fear.