Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TJ Warren.

Default Re: TJ Warren.

MJ was never this good

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I'm old enough to remember a number of Suns fans defending them just giving up Warren for cash.

Idiotic move at the time that looks worse and worse as the days go on.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    I'm old enough to remember a number of Suns fans defending them just giving up Warren for cash.

Idiotic move at the time that looks worse and worse as the days go on.
    Who even cares lol. Boo hoo we didn't hold out for his top market value(a 2nd round pick which never even amount to anything for us) making us miss out on Free Agency and have to go into another season with G-league PGs. ��

The fact is he would never have the opportunity to expand his game like this in Phoenix fighting for scoring opportunities with Book/Ayton/Oubre. Not to mention fighting for mins with the other 2 promising wings in Cam Johnson and Mikal Bridges as well. He just wasn't a good fit on the Suns. Pacers were the perfect destination for him. A team that desperately needed a new #1 option but had the defense coaching/prowess to make up with how awful his D was on the Suns.

It is what it is. Fact of the matter is the Suns are better now than they ever were with TJ, so it's whatever. Ended up working out for both parties involved. Glad he's taking his game to a new level in Indy and wish him the best. But I'm not dwelling on "what could have been". He had plenty of years on the Suns with more opportunity to turn into a star scorer or 2-way player, and instead he was just getting injured each season. While Oubre came to the team and matched or exceeded TJ's scoring regularly and played better defense than TJ ever did for us. While being more athletic and making more clutch plays when we needed them the most. Not to mention bringing some swagger and confidence to a losing culture, he had an impact on our culture immediately. So going with him over TJ who was coming off another injury was a no brainer. I wouldn't have been surprised if TJ even asked for a trade behind the scenes too. ��*♂️ Luckily he went to the perfect fit team and we signed 2 perfect fit players in his wake.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave View Post
    Who even cares lol. Boo hoo we didn't hold out for his top market value(a 2nd round pick which never even amount to anything for us) making us miss out on Free Agency and have to go into another season with G-league PGs. ��

The fact is he would never have the opportunity to expand his game like this in Phoenix fighting for scoring opportunities with Book/Ayton/Oubre. Not to mention fighting for mins with the other 2 promising wings in Cam Johnson and Mikal Bridges as well. He just wasn't a good fit on the Suns. Pacers were the perfect destination for him. A team that desperately needed a new #1 option but had the defense coaching/prowess to make up with how awful his D was on the Suns.

It is what it is. Fact of the matter is the Suns are better now than they ever were with TJ, so it's whatever. Ended up working out for both parties involved. Glad he's taking his game to a new level in Indy and wish him the best. But I'm not dwelling on "what could have been". He had plenty of years on the Suns with more opportunity to turn into a star scorer or 2-way player, and instead he was just getting injured each season. While Oubre came to the team and matched or exceeded TJ's scoring regularly and played better defense than TJ ever did for us. While being more athletic and making more clutch plays when we needed them the most. Not to mention bringing some swagger and confidence to a losing culture, he had an impact on our culture immediately. So going with him over TJ who was coming off another injury was a no brainer. I wouldn't have been surprised if TJ even asked for a trade behind the scenes too. ��*♂️ Luckily he went to the perfect fit team and we signed 2 perfect fit players in his wake.
    Well, probably not a great way to build that "culture" by getting rid of players with real trade value on great contracts for cash. Your post is mostly a false dichotomy, but losing franchises do what they do.

Decent college freshman

you are a mavs fan lol stfu dummy

Quote Originally Posted by GreatHILL View Post
    you are a mavs fan lol stfu dummy
    Great argument. You've changed my mind that getting rid of a solid player on a great contract for nothing was smart. Tell me more...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Great argument. You've changed my mind that getting rid of a solid player on a great contract for nothing was smart. Tell me more...
    Never said getting rid of him for shit value was a good deal. It was a horrible deal. I simply said who gives a ****. His top trade value was a 2nd around pick IF we held out. Who is losing out on sleep over a 2nd round pick? You people act like we'd have copped multiple first round picks out of him or some shit.

Damn near nobody except Suns fans gave a shit about TJ before this year. Played god awful defense for us, had all the opportunities in the world for years and never played even close to this good for us as he is in the bubble rn, and was coming off ANOTHER injury. He barely ever seemed to make an impact in the final score. If he had such amazing trade value, where were the great offers? Obvious there weren't any if the Suns had to dump him like that just to get rid of him fast enough to get Ricky/Oubre. But whatever, he's gone and I'm not tripping over it. some players need a change of scenery. TJ apparently needed a whole global pandemic to reach the next level. Good for him tho. Glad to see him making a name for himself after all these years.

Never said getting rid of him for shit value was a good deal. It was a horrible deal. I simply said who gives a ****. His top trade value was a 2nd around pick IF we held out. Who is losing out on sleep over a 2nd round pick? You people act like we'd have copped multiple first round picks out of him or some shit.

Damn near nobody except Suns fans gave a shit about TJ before this year. Played god awful defense for us, had all the opportunities in the world for years and never played even close to this good for us as he is in the bubble rn, and was coming off ANOTHER injury. He barely ever seemed to make an impact in the final score. If he had such amazing trade value, where were the great offers? Obvious there weren't any if the Suns had to dump him like that just to get rid of him fast enough to get Ricky/Oubre. But whatever, he's gone and I'm not tripping over it. some players need a change of scenery. TJ apparently needed a whole global pandemic to reach the next level. Good for him tho. Glad to see him making a name for himself after all these years.
    You do.

Or clearly you should.

...what other options did the Suns have? T.J. even alluded to the fact he knew he was on his way out the door in the same interview not even a minute before he talked about how he felt disrespected.

“I had an idea (with) how the season ended, and everything that went on. I figured my time was kinda up. When I heard about the trade, it didn’t throw me off.” Yeah, I’d think so.

Warren is right to feel disrespected, but the Phoenix Suns had little choice.

To jog your memory, Warren essentially shut himself down in January last season after a right ankle injury which, in theory, should have been healed, especially considering he returned from it briefly in mid-December.

Not even a $250,000 bonus to attempt 185 3-pointers in the season was enough to entice him to get on the court. At the time, Warren said: “I just wanted to make sure I was mentally, physically free. I wasn’t feeling like that so that’s why I didn’t return.”

Deep.

Unsurprisingly, many fans and general observers of reality interpreted T.J. Warren’s unwillingness to play as him quitting on the team, and thus, his trade value tanked somewhere between Tyler Johnson and a bologna sandwich.
    https://valleyofthesuns.com/2020/08/...disrespectful/

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    You do.

Or clearly you should.
    Why should I though? A 2nd round pick turns into a usable player for us like once per decade tops. I care a hell of a lot more that we actually got Ricky Rubio who's been a perfect fit, and didn't go into another season with a g-league PG, and replaced TJ with guys who actually put in maximum defensive effort instead of slacking on D every possession. We're a better team than we ever were without TJ. He just wasn't a good fit here like he is for the Pacers, and there's 0 chance in hell he'd be putting up these kind of numbers if he was still in a Suns jersey rn, he'd never be the #1 option with Booker/Ayton on the team. So he's better off as a player in Indy too who needed a new #1 scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14 View Post
    This former Phoenix suns scrub has been going off lately! He is currently going off on the lakers right now too. What you like about the new and improved TJ Warren who is doing wonderful things for the Pacers lately ISH?
    A scrub who averaged 18 ppg on 43% from 3 last season with the SUNS.

Just watch the games...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

MJ Warren.

Dude. He averaged 18 ppg last year on the Suns and started incorporating the 3 more in his game. Yes, he battled some injuries, but he was 25 and a proven legit scorer that was likely only getting better. But none of that is really the point. Warren is a nice player...I'm not arguing he's an all-star or something.

The point is...Warren was/is on a great value contract. You don't just give away good contracts in the league for nothing for any player...but especially not young players like Warren making about 12 million a year locked in for 3 more years.

All I said was that it was a dumb move. Seems like you agree. So not sure what you are going on about.

https://twitter.com/SoulLostAside/st...646518784?s=19
    this move he made was f*cking crazy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear View Post
    https://twitter.com/SoulLostAside/st...646518784?s=19
    this move he made was f*cking crazy lol
    bruh