Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default What does Luka need to do for people to consider him to have GOAT potential?

Why are people not hyping Luka up more? Dude is a monster already and isn't even done with his 2nd year.

To me, he without a doubt has GOAT potential. If he ends up getting his 3point and free throw percentages up, then it's literally over for the league.

Dude just put up 36/14/19 with only two turnovers against the Bucks and outplayed the guy who is about to be back-to-back MVP.

Decent playground baller

Default Re: What does Luka need to do for people to consider him to have GOAT potential?

he is off to a great start, but let me remind you he hasn't even played in a playoff game or series.. Show me in the playoffs first... He is also 0-10 when he has a one possession game as a scorer.. Stupid Buck doubled at let him pass all day..

Chef Curry w/ da shot FromDowntown's Avatar

Default Re: What does Luka need to do for people to consider him to have GOAT potential?

He has potential but for now as Lion's pride mentioned, this is regular season, we need to see this in the post season, and obviously for at least 12 years like Bird, MJ, LBJ, Kareem, Shaq.

Take Harden, he has averaged 29 ppg or more in the regular season 5 years in a row. In the playoffs? Once in 10 playoffs.
    Take McGrady, he was a regular season killer but had EIGHT consecutive 1st round exits. Never advanced. Never had a second round appearance.

I can go one but you get the message.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FromDowntown View Post
    He has potential but for now as Lion's pride mentioned, this is regular season, we need to see this in the post season, and obviously for at least 12 years like Bird, MJ, LBJ, Kareem, Shaq.

Take Harden, he has averaged 29 ppg or more in the regular season 5 years in a row. In the playoffs? Once in 10 playoffs.
    Take McGrady, he was a regular season killer but had EIGHT consecutive 1st round exits. Never advanced. Never had a second round appearance.

I can go one but you get the message.
    lound and clear bubba

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrownschaub View Post
    lound and clear bubba
    My dude

Biased Troll

A regular jelqing regimen would be a start.

play average defense, with that and expected improvements in shooting/decision making he could have an all time level season

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Why are people not hyping Luka up more? Dude is a monster already and isn't even done with his 2nd year.

To me, he without a doubt has GOAT potential. If he ends up getting his 3point and free throw percentages up, then it's literally over for the league.

Dude just put up 36/14/19 with only two turnovers against the Bucks and outplayed the guy who is about to be back-to-back MVP.
    He needs to be able to do it over 12+ seasons, while winning MVPs and championships. The bar has been set really, really high. Lebron's still trying to get there in his 17th season. That's why people should hold off on crowing Giannis, Luka and Zion as the next GOAT candidate. We have no idea what their career trajectory looks like in season 10, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk View Post
    He needs to be able to do it over 12+ seasons, while winning MVPs and championships. The bar has been set really, really high. Lebron's still trying to get there in his 17th season. That's why people should hold off on crowing Giannis, Luka and Zion as the next GOAT candidate. We have no idea what their career trajectory looks like in season 10, for example.
    Yes, he is still trying to get more playoff points, game winners, elimination game ppg, steals and Conference Finals wins than MJ.

Oh wait he is #1 in all of these

Next

Quote Originally Posted by Lion's pride View Post
    he is off to a great start, but let me remind you he hasn't even played in a playoff game or series.. Show me in the playoffs first... He is also 0-10 when he has a one possession game as a scorer.. Stupid Buck doubled at let him pass all day..

How is that stat true? He had game winners his rookie year.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

You can tell from watching him he has "it"

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post

Everybody is scoring and putting up ridiculous stats in this era. TJ Warren scores 53 and is averaging in the 30 ppg in the bubble. Micheal Porter Jr, is averaging nearly 30 ppg in the bubble. Luka is very talented but time will tell if he can translate stats into playoff wins and championships.
    Last edited by insight; 08-09-2020 at 01:21 AM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    How is that stat true? He had game winners his rookie year.
    Sorry forgot to add this season

Decent college freshman

he needs to be black

NBA sixth man of the year

He will be an offensive GOAT guy only like Nash/Harden/Curry. His defense isn't good enough, so he will never be considered goat material. Porzingis as his 2nd best player doesn't seem great enough to sniff a ring either.