Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Blazers/Suns Tiebreaker Question

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    I think it does to a large extent. You have less right to complain about unfair tiebreakers when the 9 seed usually wouldn’t have any chance to make the playoffs usually
    lol but in this case the 9th seed does and one team would get a systematic edge on another..

this isnt hard to explain u know

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    lol but in this case the 9th seed does and one team would get a systematic edge on another..

this isnt hard to explain u know
    No I get your explanation. I’m saying that extra spot could be enough to make up for an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    No I get your explanation. I’m saying that extra spot could be enough to make up for an edge.
    why would it when its between the contending 9 seeds, and not the 9th seed getting in when tied with the 8th seed..

one team would get shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    why would it when its between the contending 9 seeds, and not the 9th seed getting in when tied with the 8th seed..

one team would get shafted.
    Because it’s an extra opportunity/gift for the suns/blazers that they wouldn’t have had before so imo that makes up for being “shafted”.

They didn’t add this in before the season that would be different and Suns would have more right to complain , they added it after 62 or so games. You’re looking at the situation in a vacuum not in context of the whole season. A 9 seed shouldn’t have made the playoffs to begin with. Only team that had room to complain was Memphis but that goes out the window too since they’ve lost every game.

Add on the schedule went this way because they just assigned games you had left vs teams in the bubble, that part is completely fair.

Its not a gift though. They‘re within a game of each other 15 gms short of the season ending, a season they entered with the knowledge of having 82 games..

And obviously if you are on equal footing for the new qualification of a 9 seed play in, but then another team just gets an extra game...

Very bad look for a professional sports league.

And Spurs only end up playing 71 games here...they're getting shafted as well because they could end up having the least losses out of the teams fighting for the 8th/9th spot but not make the play-in due to not having as many total games played.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    And Spurs only end up playing 71 games here...they're getting shafted as well because they could end up having the least losses out of the teams fighting for the 8th/9th spot but not make the play-in due to not having as many total games played.
    Ridiculous. But they‘ll probably lose to HOU.