Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Paul George begs for Sympathy after Dame ethers him?

"It be a lot of jawing going on and i keep my peace. Imagine yall go thru 6 major surgeries and still standing? I promise the story would be different if that never happened. But respect it injuries is apart of the game i play. I leave it on that floor everytime I suit up. God Bless."

on his IG story

PG a chump

Default Re: Paul George begs for Sympathy after Dame ethers him?

Play off P in prime form.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

What is the injury excuse here? He is talking like he was Derrick Rose before injuries. His best season, his one all-NBA first team/MVP caliber season, was just last year, in his 9th season. What is he saying he would have been if he had zero injuries? What is this supposedly untapped potential?

3-time NBA All-Star

Bringing up injuries is really pathetic. As a competitor, you would think he would know better.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Bringing up injuries is really pathetic. As a competitor, you would think he would know better.
    never heard of it being pathetic

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    never heard of it being pathetic
    These guys trash talk back and forth and at the end he brings up his injuries saying things would've been alot different if not for that? How is that not pathetic? These guys are in the middle of their primes. PG's best season came AFTER the injury.

Fact is Dame took him out last year about as worse as you can be taken out i.e. series winner at the buzzer on PG. Now he's bringing up excuses after he probably realized he didn't have a leg to stand on to talk trash to this guy. Anyone can talk trash, but don't bring up pathetic excuses like this.

NBA sixth man of the year

I think he's basically saying that if he was healthy in 2019 playoffs, he would of eliminated Blazers. Remember he did need shoulder surgery after the season ended. His body broke down after his MVP level season.

His body can't handle an MVP level season, he proved that last year when he broke down by playoffs. Now he needs to shut the hell up, do a little load management, stop bringing in his bum ass friends Reggie Jackson and Pat Patterson, bang his hot stripper wife, win some rings as the robin.

These guys trash talk back and forth and at the end he brings up his injuries saying things would've been alot different if not for that? How is that not pathetic? These guys are in the middle of their primes. PG's best season came AFTER the injury.

Fact is Dame took him out last year about as worse as you can be taken out i.e. series winner at the buzzer on PG. Now he's bringing up excuses after he probably realized he didn't have a leg to stand on to talk trash to this guy. Anyone can talk trash, but don't bring up pathetic excuses like this.
    PG was playing with two bad shoulders during that series, needed surgery on both. Not like he didn't step up in the game/series, he did his part. Dame made a 36 ft 3PT shot lol, not like he crossed over PG and drained a 10-footer at the buzzer.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    I think he's basically saying that if he was healthy in 2019 playoffs, he would of eliminated Blazers. Remember he did need shoulder surgery after the season ended. His body broke down after his MVP level season.

His body can't handle an MVP level season, he proved that last year when he broke down by playoffs. Now he needs to shut the hell up, do a little load management, stop bringing in his bum ass friends Reggie Jackson and Pat Patterson, bang his hot stripper wife, win some rings as the robin.
    If you play, you shouldn't make that excuse. Let other people make that excuse for you. Or don't play in the first place.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tobio-Star's Avatar

Agreed, thats weak af

Dunking on everybody in the park Tobio-Star's Avatar

The guy is acting like his shoulder surgery had the same impact as LeBron's groin injury

it's weak but george could be talking about his leg injury, not his shoulder stuff last year. Took a year off his prime and stunted his improvement. I dont see it that way but maybe he thinks he could've been a multiple year mvp candidate if not for the injury.

I never hear of great nba players excuse their performance due to injury, most play through it (or did) or just downplay it.

BTW, I like how damians sister is getting in on this attention. Is her name really La'Nae Lillard? Sounds so lizard like

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    it's weak but george could be talking about his leg injury, not his shoulder stuff last year. Took a year off his prime and stunted his improvement. I dont see it that way but maybe he thinks he could've been a multiple year mvp candidate if not for the injury.
    It's a lame excuse. I believe that type of injury was something that would come with a full recovery.

He came back the same after from the injury.

George 14': 22/7/4 56% TS, all-NBA 3rd team
    George 16': 23/7/4 56% TS, all-NBA 3rd team

He was an all-NBA 3rd team player in the two years prior to the injury. He was 3rd team again in 16', 18'.

He has been the same player (all-NBA 3rd team type) his entire prime except for 19'.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    It's a lame excuse. I believe that type of injury was something that would come with a full recovery.

He came back the same after from the injury.

George 14': 22/7/4 56% TS, all-NBA 3rd team
    George 16': 23/7/4 56% TS, all-NBA 3rd team

He was an all-NBA 3rd team player in the two years prior to the injury. He was 3rd team again in 16', 18'.

He has been the same player (all-NBA 3rd team type) his entire prime except for 19'.
    Well he improved from 13 to 14 even if he was 3rd all-nba both years so it’s possible he would’ve improved going forward and had a year like last year earlier in his career