Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default 2014 wade/bosh excuse exposed

2013 wade and bosh combined for 32 points a game on 47% shooting.

2014 wade and bosh combined for 29 points a game on 49% shooting.

With efficiency taken into account thats basically a difference of about 2 points. Yeah wade was worse but bosh was actually better so the difference was miniscule. The heat didn't lose because of wade and bosh. They lost because kawhi's impact on lebron naturally had an impact on the heats offense as well. No its not all of lebrons fault. Yeah Wade could of definitely played better and the coach could of made better adjustments but this was a huge reason why they struggled offensively and lost.

Default Re: 2014 wade/bosh excuse exposed

Wades and Bosh’s efficiency was actually better in 14 but they needed to be better since Miami’s defense got destroyed. 109 ortg in 13 to 120 in 14. Obviously they like lebron played a part in it. Also sometimes nothing you can when a team shoots 47% from 3. A good shooting team can’t shoot that well even if every 3 is wide open

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

LeBron literally averaged 28 off 68% TS%, he deserves zero blame for what happened in 2014

His cast was absolute garbage that year and the Spurs were red hot offensively

Anyone that pins 2014 on Lebron is a deranged hater

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Why does the MJ crowd boil every player down to scoring?

Re Wade, look at what Kuniva noted in the thread that led to the OP (bold added):

Quote Originally Posted by Kuniva
    Wade scored 5 less points and shot terribly. Plus in the 2013 finals, he averaged a 4 BPM which includes all your production. In the 2014 finals though, Wade averaged -0.3 BPM. That's the difference between a quality star and low level bench player. The impact Kawhi had on Bron doesn't come close to that. The samples are too tiny. And it doesn't answer Miami's horrid defense either.

We can pick the bones out of Wade and Bosh's scoring between 2013 and 2014 but it's an oversimplification boiling it down to that. These are the field goal/3 point/ORtg splits for the Spurs during the 2014 playoffs:

vs Dallas 50/38% 113
    vs Portland 49/40% 113
    vs OKC 46/40% 114
    vs Miami 53/47% 121

I don't think any prior version of the Heat offensively ( meaning the 2011-13 teams) overcome the 2014 Heat defense allowing the Spurs to go nuclear shooting the ball. Hell, Wade could have been in 2011 form and the Heat aren't winning. I said this in another thread but if you gonna let a team drop those kinds of offensive numbers, you better be the 2017 Warriors.

Imagine two, if we were to believe the haters, apparent superstars combining for 29 points and thinking there's something to celebrate.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    LeBron literally averaged 28 off 68% TS%, he deserves zero blame for what happened in 2014

His cast was absolute garbage that year and the Spurs were red hot offensively

Anyone that pins 2014 on Lebron is a deranged hater
    i didnt pun it on lebron. I credited kawhi's defense for the most part.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post

Re Wade, look at what Kuniva noted in the thread that led to the OP (bold added):
    Right and this is what alot of bron fans do though. They keep moving the goal post until it fits their agenda. Most bron stans argument on why wade and bosh were trash was for there offensive production. Thats all 90% of the people on here care about tbh. Its why the curry, luka and harden fans make the claims they make. As soon as you destroy there argument though and show its a pile of b.s they go to other shit. Plus/minus or bpm or whatever.

I could give you reasons why bpm isnt a great measurement but it wouldn't matter because bron stans will just find another stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post

Good post. You and kuniva know what you're talking about like usual. I have explained to 3ball that using just points is flawed. I see that his followers aren't all that different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Right and this is what alot of bron fans do though. They keep moving the goal post until it fits their agenda. Most bron stans argument on why wade and bosh were trash was for there offensive production. Thats all 90% of the people on here care about tbh. Its why the curry, luka and harden fans make the claims they make. As soon as you destroy there argument though and show its a pile of b.s they go to other shit. Plus/minus or bpm or whatever.

I could give you reasons why bpm isnt a great measurement but it wouldn't matter because bron stans will just find another stat.
    The reasons wont be very good if you're comparing BPM to just points per game. Bpm would be infinitely a better measure, because it is cumulative to your box score. Points are also part of the box score.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by insidious301 View Post
    Good post. You and kuniva know what you're talking about like usual. I have explained to 3ball that using just points is flawed. I see that his followers aren't all that different.

The reasons wont be very good if you're comparing BPM to just points per game. Bpm would be infinitely a better measure, because it is cumulative to your box score. Points are also part of the box score.
    Ok fine bpm is a great determination of a players worth. Mj is better than bron. Case closed

3-time NBA All-Star

And stocton is a top 7 player all time and is better than kd, curry and harden. Shit mj beat karl malone and the 7th best player of all time. Thats pretty amazing

Ok fine bpm is a great determination of a players worth. Mj is better than bron. Case closed
    That defeats that purpose of your thread, but alright. I think Jabbar & Jordan are also the greatest to ever do it. BPM isn't end all be all however it is a better measure than just points(much like the analysis in your OP).

3-time NBA All-Star

That defeats that purpose of your thread, but alright. I think Jabbar & Jordan are greatest to ever do it as well.
    Yes i know im being sarcastic. Just showing how bpm is flawed like all box score stats can be.

And i agree that mj and kareem are the best although thats just my opinion. I don't think there is a goat

Yes i know im being sarcastic. Just showing how bpm is flawed like all box score stats can be.

And i agree that mj and kareem are the best although thats just my opinion. I don't think there is a goat
    Using just points is more flawed than a cumulative measure, but good point about box-score stats. They certainly can be flawed.

3-time NBA All-Star

Using just points is more flawed than a cumulative measure, but good point about box-score stats. They certainly can be flawed.
    Fair enough