Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Does LeBron need to average a triple double for the Lakers to have a chance?

The biggest thing is that AD is being a cancer and refusing to play center.

Default Re: Does LeBron need to average a triple double for the Lakers to have a chance?

Lakersground and /r/Lakers tearing into AD and KCP hard rn

Honestly feel bad but dudes gotta step up, no hate

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

23 points on 20 shots on a team that struggles to shoot and lacks other reliable creators simply won't cut it. LeBron needs to be an elite scorer out there. Someone who can consistently create high % offensive plays merely by trying harder ala other superstars. Problem is, he just doesn't possess that ability anymore. And barring a 2 week stretch prior to the pandemic, he hasn't displayed that ability all year. And I talked about it ad nauseum. Over and over I said LA's championship hopes are a pipe dream with this LeBron. He's old.

His scoring metrics this season are all career lows since his rookie year. The eye test clearly backs this up too - he lacks explosiveness to get past the first line of defense and he struggles finishing in the half-court. I mean, that's his whole game - explosive speed and finishing. And he's 35 with unprecedented mileage, so there's no shame in that. But people need to accept reality on who he is.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy View Post
    23 points on 20 shots on a team that struggles to shoot and lacks other reliable creators simply won't cut it. LeBron needs to be an elite scorer out there. Someone who can consistently create high % offensive plays merely by trying harder ala other superstars. Problem is, he just doesn't possess that ability anymore. And barring a 2 week stretch prior to the pandemic, he hasn't displayed that ability all year. And I talked about it ad nauseum. Over and over I said LA's championship hopes are a pipe dream with this LeBron. He's old.

His scoring metrics this season are all career lows since his rookie year. The eye test clearly backs this up too - he lacks explosiveness to get past the first line of defense and he struggles finishing in the half-court. I mean, that's his whole game - explosive speed and finishing. And he's 35 with unprecedented mileage, so there's no shame in that. But people need to accept reality on who he is.
    a Bran stan who's not afraid to tell the truth. respect

these 20 point + some meaningless rebounds/assists might make for a pretty statline but they won't win games this series. the team needs Lebron to be a GO TO scorer

can he do it?

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

He needs to score more, especially in the 4th. Davis is not a closer, and role players like KCP and Kuzma can't hit big shots.

Very good NBA starter

The sky is falling! lol this is hilarious. Lakers lost a game they should have won and they choked it. That's simple. Defensively they were not bad. They outrebounded. They missed free throws and Lebron was a big part of that.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Melo did a damn good job at that
    yeah he did. I dont know how much of that was him or just bron just not being as aggressive as he could or should of been. I think if bron had of been aggressive and attacking theres not much melo could do.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Team assists > individual assists. Lakers had more assists than Portland, but Portland is the worst assisting team in the league so that's not saying much. Lakers were still below league average last night. Despite James' gaudy numbers, they were nothing special as a whole moving the ball. Lakers still win in six. Portland proved once again last night that you never go against hot team coming into a tournament.

True used to drive past melo every time, but melo did play good defense though regardless