Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kendrick Perkins: "LeBron is 35! MJ didn't compete for Championships at 35!"

get perkins off of these shows. Couldnt even wait a year to throw out this statement lol.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Kendrick Perkins: "LeBron is 35! MJ didn't compete for Championships at 35!"

LeBron in his 17 season = dominating in the most stacked conference in NBA history and still the BITW

Jordan in his 17th season .....

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    Sidekick rings count--for some players. Kobe being the prime example. If he wins rings, I doubt he cares who gets the credit since long term for LeBron people will remember he has "X rings". Same as Kobe or Magic.
    Sidekick rings do matter but between casuals and diehards, we know the deal...

MJ on top of LeBron is already set in stone though.

Great career by LeBron tbh...but not the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    LeBron in his 17 season = dominating in the most stacked conference in NBA history and still the BITW

Jordan had 6 by his 13th season...your boy still at half of that and still trying to cut into that...at his rate, he only needs 17 seasons more LMAO

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock View Post
    Sidekick rings count--for some players. Kobe being the prime example. If he wins rings, I doubt he cares who gets the credit since long term for LeBron people will remember he has "X rings". Same as Kobe or Magic.
    Kobe's 2001, 2002 with third option derek fisher in a western conference was just as impressive or more than lebron's Heatles rings in the East. Let alone the Pau Gasol rings.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Jordan had 6 by his 13th season...your boy still at half of that and still trying to cut into that...at his rate, he only needs 17 seasons more LMAO
    Yh it's kinda difficult to win championships every season when your competition isn't a bunch of cupcakes

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Sidekick rings do matter but between casuals and diehards, we know the deal...

MJ on top of LeBron is already set in stone though.

Great career by LeBron tbh...but not the GOAT.
    They don't matter for some. You will see stuff like people arguing losing in the ECF as "#1">McHale winning rings as a #2. Insane but here we are.

Yeah, I don't see a realistic scenario for LeBron surpassing MJ at this point for majority support. He will have his 20-25% who consider him as GOAT (arguing longevity, cumulative stats, and that MJ played in a weak era--inaccurate on the last point but these are the common arguments the LeBron crowd puts forward) and then KAJ will have his smaller still GOAT crowd too but the consensus will remain MJ.

Yh it's kinda difficult to win championships every season when your competition isn't a bunch of cupcakes
    Your boy played in the worst EC ever, 9 cakewalks to the Finals. He tried stacking the deck multiple times in his career and had the worst Finals (2011) of any GOAT tier player ever...he lost many times with HCA, something MJ never did...I could keep going on but you get the idea.

You will ALWAYS be the decided minority who believes LBJ > MJ, get used to that.

I've said what I needed to say, have a good day, sir.

Last edited by TheMan; 08-21-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Jordan was only able to play 7 consecutive seasons before needing to quit and rest up for almost 2yrs.

Consecutive season rings >>>> I needed to rest rings

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Jordan was only able to play 7 consecutive seasons before needing to quit and rest up for almost 2yrs.

Consecutive season rings >>>> I needed to rest rings

Your argument is so dumb I won't even bother with it.

No other superstar / top 10 player in the history of the league took MJ's route. He said himself that he was physically and mentally spent even before the 1993 postseason was over. Already contemplating quitting before the season was even over.

You're fooling yourself if you dont think he benefited greatly from his time off.

Roundball rock sounds like he dislikes Jordan

Your argument is so dumb I won't even bother with it.

Some of these Lebron fans seem borderline retarded. Not all of them of course.

He won a chip at 35 in 1998. **** is he talking about.