Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Kendrick Perkins: "LeBron is 35! MJ didn't compete for Championships at 35!"

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Yeah, but it is a big deal when you're on TV and preachy about it. The lumbering OAF didn't know Mike played ~4 months of basketball at 35.

So he was deadass wrong.

The longevity point is true though, and is one aspect Bron has over Jordan. For sure.
    If longevity is the case KAJ is the all-time GOAT (goat HS player, goat NCAA player).
    Yes, I am about to agree to some extent, but hey MJ has his longevity - he is 10x time scoring champion and it could have been 12 in a row if not first retirement. And I say it could because we would never now. The same as Bulls probably could match Celtics and won 8 in a row, but we would never know, and Rockets and Hakeem fans will be the first to jump and say that their Rockets beat Bulls in the regular season. For me personally 1994 Bulls with MJ in the team will beat both Knicks and Rockets. In 1993 MJ was at absolute peak of his game - and I am the one who thinks that his almost 2 year absence from basketball had detremental effects on his play, evidently from his return games. He needed to work the whole summer in order to get in some shape near the one in 1993, but he was bulkier and less explosive, and although the stats will shows that his TS % as at his 1993 level he was not the same player by the eye test.

With all that said I am not arguing Lebrons's GOAT longevity in terms of consistency, number of seasons, games played. Props to the man for keeping himself in shape.

Default Re: Kendrick Perkins: "LeBron is 35! MJ didn't compete for Championships at 35!"

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Yh it's kinda difficult to win championships every season when your competition isn't a bunch of cupcakes
    Lebron's toughest opponent in the East was a Paul George led Pacers team. Lebron's team won 18 games in 9 finals. No matter who the opponent is winning two finals games on average if you're the supposed GOAT is pathetic.