Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jermaine O'neal vs Rasheed Wallace

Who do you think was the better player during their nba career? My cousin said that Jermaine surpassed Rasheed when he was traded to Indiana, and became a perennial MVP Candidate.

Default Re: Jermaine O'neal vs Rasheed Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Who do you think was the better player during their nba career? My cousin said that Jermaine surpassed Rasheed when he was traded to Indiana, and became a perennial MVP Candidate.
    I agree with Axe. Jermaine's peak is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

sheed all day every day .. he was VG in Portland , and solidified the Pistons in their two run

Rasheed Wallace was essentially a 3-and-D big man, which was extremely rare once upon a time. Jermaine was a very good player who played solid defense, but he was no 'sheed. Rasheed had temper problems and could never keep his mouth shut, bit like Draymond Green, but he was a player you wanted on your squad. He was more versatile than Jermaine and gave you an extra dimension that made it hell for opposing teams.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

lol not really. Jermaine O'neal should have never been allowed to take as many shots as he was. He was never any kind of top notch scorer when it came down to it. When he averaged a career high 24.3ppg it was on 52%ts. Jermaine was a better rebounder, but Sheed was the better defensive player. If you really needed some points Sheed was definitely a more reliable player in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Rasheed Wallace was essentially a 3-and-D big man, which was extremely rare once upon a time. Jermaine was a very good player who played solid defense, but he was no 'sheed. Rasheed had temper problems and could never keep his mouth shut, bit like Draymond Green, but he was a player you wanted on your squad. He was more versatile than Jermaine and gave you an extra dimension that made it hell for opposing teams.
    Funny that people think of him that way when he had one of the greatest and most unguardable turn arounds in the post. As I've said multiple times, Sheed could have been putting up numbers like a Duncan, Dirk, and KG if he had wanted to. He was pretty much unstoppable in the post when he wanted to be. He was also good at putting the ball on the floor in the post, but for some reason he rarely ever used that aspect of his game even when he was on the Blazers. He's definitely one of those players that could have been greater than he was with a different mindset when you consider how talented and skilled he was.

For what they done in the league, Jermaine. For potential, sheed

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    Funny that people think of him that way when he had one of the greatest and most unguardable turn arounds in the post. As I've said multiple times, Sheed could have been putting up numbers like a Duncan, Dirk, and KG if he had wanted to. He was pretty much unstoppable in the post when he wanted to be. He was also good at putting the ball on the floor in the post, but for some reason he rarely ever used that aspect of his game even when he was on the Blazers. He's definitely one of those players that could have been greater than he was with a different mindset when you consider how talented and skilled he was.
    Definitely. He lost his cool too easily. Even Larry Brown had a tough time getting him under control at times.. If he kept that temper in check, he would have been a beast

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Definitely. He lost his cool too easily. Even Larry Brown had a tough time getting him under control at times.. If he kept that temper in check, he would have been a beast
    lol That has nothing to do with anything, but okay. He just didn't want to be a star and was happy being a role player. It was all about his mindset. His temper tantrums had nothing to do with his play on the floor.

Jermaine had the better peak and prime years, but it's really close. From 2002-2007 he was one of the best big men in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A. View Post
    Jermaine had the better peak and prime years, but it's really close. From 2002-2007 he was one of the best big men in the league
    Clearly someone who is just looking at numbers and didn't actually watch either player play in their primes and peak.

lol That has nothing to do with anything, but okay. He just didn't want to be a star and was happy being a role player. It was all about his mindset. His temper tantrums had nothing to do with his play on the floor.
    He had attitude problems.. Makes a big difference if your head isn't in the game

Facts Are Misleading

Clearly someone who is just looking at numbers and didn't actually watch either player play in their primes and peak.
    I watched during this time and it's not anything worth going crazy over when I see someone say Jermaine had a better peak/prime.

Jermaine wasn't efficient but he was the #1 option in a super tough defensive era. I don't think Sheed was ever a #1 option. Maybe not even clear cut #2 in his entire career.