Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Default Re: Jaylen Brown: "Are you going to be in the trenches?"

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    It's really crazy how right wing male basketball fans have sexual fantasies about the superstar players they idolize and politics they despise. If they ever met he would blush and all for an autograph while Antetokuonmpo would just want a restraining order.

I grew up as part of a very homophobic generation. 99% of men my age have used the word "******" as an insult whether we'd admit it or not. For the last 15 years I've made a conscious effort to do better. Which can make it hard to discuss the issues with this kind of poster. I have to broach the topic carefully.
    This dude just wrote a whole novel, because of a joke I made. Talk about grasping at straws, really out here creating an alternate reality in your head, you really are a clown

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    It's really crazy how right wing male basketball fans have sexual fantasies about the superstar players they idolize and politics they despise. If they ever met he would blush and all for an autograph while Antetokuonmpo would just want a restraining order.

I grew up as part of a very homophobic generation. 99% of men my age have used the word "******" as an insult whether we'd admit it or not. For the last 15 years I've made a conscious effort to do better. Which can make it hard to discuss the issues with this kind of poster. I have to broach the topic carefully.

Do you realize (surely you do) that basically everyone sees you as the lamest guy here? Low Iq and cringey af.

When you ban me (which you obviously will again) people are always like “hey, wheres starface? is he banned? Ah, thats too bad.”

Meanwhile basically EVERYONE (except the odd celtic fan or sjw who might defend you here out if pity) thinks youre an absolute dweeb who makes the board far, far worse.

Anyway, what made me think of this is your CRINGEY awkward insult attempt, prefaced with “I grew up in a very homophobic generation, but I must say, altho I owe it to my political leaders to do better, I am sometimes tempted, though I know it’s wrong, to use a word like ******, tho I must do so carefully, for it is not the...”

Like, dude...

You are GAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy3 View Post
    This dude just wrote a whole novel, because of a joke I made. Talk about grasping at straws, really out here creating an alternate reality in your head, you really are a clown

You can tell at all times he is a MASSIVE irl dork.

The dude is so lame it physically pains me.

You might think its corny but the mans got a point. These guys are right now trying to sit on two chairs. thats not gonna work.

He may not be Malcom X but hey people were laughing at him as well and now hes an icon guiding the movement.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The context is he thinks magically one day everybody is going to be treated exactly the same irregardless of their past or current character. He thinks if police undergo some upheaval all will be fixed but the fact of the matter is if you have jacob types who are extremely violent and combative, there's no amount of training that will rid you of the 1/1000 circumstances where he acts up and gets hurt. Unless you deploy an army of super soldier robot police that make perfect decisions at every turn and are impervious to any emotion or error, this will keep happening. Cleaning up the communities of this scum is a far better solution than targeting the police.
    To me, Jaylen's point was simply this-

If we're boycotting the rest of the season as a stance against injustice, we can't just go home, open a bottle of wine and call it a wrap. If we're not playing, it has to be for the purpose of doing something proactive. Whether it be speaking for a campaign, purchasing air time to literally send messages, volunteer in the community.... Something.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starface View Post
    You can tell at all times he is a MASSIVE irl dork.

The dude is so lame it physically pains me.
    The one guy who doesn’t try to troll on this board is an inadvertent troll.

Amazing.

Some players had enough of them late night calls with micky