Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: What's your favorite protein powder? What do you eat to hit your protein macros?

Eat real food. Those shake mixes are a combination of the waste product of milk and a bunch of bullshit chemicals. They're poison.

During his earlier days, Arnold would eat an entire chicken and drink a pitcher of beer after a workout. Turns out a post-workout beer isn’t even that bad for you!

Default Re: What's your favorite protein powder? What do you eat to hit your protein macros?

https://www.bscg.org/

Check these guys. I have them certify all my products. Mainly because some of my athletes are in organizations that do year round drug testing as well as i have a lot of university teams on my product as well. Meaning at any given time they can be pissed tested. I've seen WADA come into our office and piss test my partner who competes internationally in Powerlifting.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    I have stated high protein is rough on the kidney's. Hence my analogy on how the majority is converted to urea. I'm talking high compared to the average human intake vs the optimal human intake. Also converting your intake to match your anabolic state. Taking 80 grams of protein all at once obvious is taxing, and that can lead to excessive urea and fat storage. 20 grams every 4 -6 hours 4 times a day is different and can accelerate weight loss. And yes depending on what calorie deficit.
    See problem is most people don't know whats optimal. I'd be surprised if most people here take the 1 gram per KG of bodyweight that is suggested. Or that an egg is only 4 grams of protein. a 18 oz steak is 10 grams. The diet severely lacks and that's why supplementation can be useful. Fill in the gaps and save on overall costs.

Where do you get that info, that seems off to me. I know different steak have different amount of protein but 18 oz is usually 90-100 g. The complicated part is most of them have contain at least 1000 calories .
    Last edited by Rooster; 09-01-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Eat real food. Those shake mixes are a combination of the waste product of milk and a bunch of bullshit chemicals. They're poison.
    Didn't arnold have open heart surgery because of all of the animal products he consumed in his youth?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Where do you get that info, that seems off to me. I know different steak have different amount of protein but 18 oz is usually 90-100 g. The complicated part is most over them have contain at least 1000 calories .
    I'm pretty sure he accidentally left out a zero.

I eat a lot of poultry and avoid red meat but can't help myself to the occasional burger. Steak's just not my thing unless it's country fried steak if it's cheat day.

By the way, I've read from multiple sources that the protein damages your kidneys is largely a myth. Basically if you already have kidney problems, high protein intake is bad. If you don't have kidney problems, it's fine. I don't know. The Internet is full of such an incredible amount of conflicting information. It's actually ****ing mindblowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    By the way, I've read from multiple sources that the protein damages your kidneys is largely a myth. Basically if you already have kidney problems, high protein intake is bad. If you don't have kidney problems, it's fine. I don't know. The Internet is full of such an incredible amount of conflicting information. It's actually ****ing mindblowing.

It's true... when I was in HS in the early 00s i played football and we all took a lot of protein. One of my friends was sick and had bloodwork as well as urine test and they found protein in it according to him. He had damaged his kidneys from high amounts of protein for his age and I was gifted all his supplements because his parents were done with it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Didn't arnold have open heart surgery because of all of the animal products he consumed in his youth?
    nah more like all the steroids he took. i'd also imagine being that huge and working out non stop like that is bad for your heart. It's unnatural.

Good college starter

That’s not a myth. The wear of tear of kidney excreting excess protein waste in your blood and make you urinate frequently can do damage in your kidney in the long run.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1029141202.htm

Kidney tests revealed that nine of the ten bodybuilders developed a condition called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, a type of scarring within the kidneys. This disease typically occurs when the kidneys are overworked. The kidney damage in the bodybuilders has similarities to that seen in morbidly obese patients, but appears to be even more severe.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    I'm pretty sure he accidentally left out a zero.

I eat a lot of poultry and avoid red meat but can't help myself to the occasional burger. Steak's just not my thing unless it's country fried steak if it's cheat day.
    I’ll eat a good steak in a cheat day. This is a like a treat for me.

Where do you get that info, that seems off to me. I know different steak have different amount of protein but 18 oz is usually 90-100 g. The complicated part is most of them have contain at least 1000 calories .
    I meant to quote bison liver and kidney, but my source is off on that too. Thanks for pointing out.

That’s not a myth. The wear of tear of kidney excreting excess protein waste in your blood and make you urinate frequently can do damage in your kidney in the long run.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1029141202.htm

Kidney tests revealed that nine of the ten bodybuilders developed a condition called focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, a type of scarring within the kidneys. This disease typically occurs when the kidneys are overworked. The kidney damage in the bodybuilders has similarities to that seen in morbidly obese patients, but appears to be even more severe.
    I think what Shogon meant to say it's an exaggeration, not a myth. But in cases such as rawimpacts buddy and bodybuilders is that they take extreme amounts exceeding RDA. Most people can't even get to the RDA.

Protein powders, for me, are used either during or directly after a workout. Otherwise, it come from regular food sources. From what I understand, the best food sources would be eggs, chicken, and salmon. Sardines got some good minerals to go with the protein as well. Oatmeal is also a great and unsuspecting source. Boiling up some bones to make some broth will also be a good and special treat for the whole body. For a while, no matter what meat I would eat, I would always get it on the bone: Spare ribs, baked whole chicken, pork chops....whatever....save the bones and boil them for 4 hours or so. Absolutely excellent for the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Protein powders, for me, are used either during or directly after a workout. Otherwise, it come from regular food sources. From what I understand, the best food sources would be eggs, chicken, and salmon. Sardines got some good minerals to go with the protein as well. Oatmeal is also a great and unsuspecting source. Boiling up some bones to make some broth will also be a good and special treat for the whole body. For a while, no matter what meat I would eat, I would always get it on the bone: Spare ribs, baked whole chicken, pork chops....whatever....save the bones and boil them for 4 hours or so. Absolutely excellent for the body.
    If everyone had your mindset then their wouldn't be this stigma about protein powders. It's too bad that people refuse to educate themselves on what these products really are

Banned

im dune u a HUGE favor here b. go to onnit.com use promo code SCHAUB and get 5% off any protein powder. get yer blood flowing and you will b fugging chiggs in no time b. holla.