Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020/2021? off season

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...ors-nba-lakers

The problem that I have with this trade is that it gets messy for the Jazzís future. Horford is clearly on the tail end of his career, and I donít really see a reason to have Horford in the starting lineup at this point. So, while they would get a little extra room on the financial side this season, Utah would end up paying $53.5 million over the course of the 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons for an aging bench player.

why wouldn't he be in the starting lineup? The contract would be hard to take on

Q: Why are we trying so hard to keep Jordan Clarkson? I get that he played well for the Jazz this season but couldnít we spend that money on someone who isnít so ball dominant and iso obsessed? ó Jake

someone gets it!

Hereís the thing; the Jazz canít spend that money on someone else. They only have that money to spend on Clarkson because they have his Bird rights. Theyíll probably be over the cap before even getting to Clarkson so they canít spend that kind of money elsewhere. Signing Clarkson is a huge priority, because if he walks away the Jazz have nothing to show for it and if he stays the Jazz are basically paying him with free money.
    that's the kind of thinking that gets teams in trouble. He has to go!

Personally, I think the Jazz should focus on spending the majority of the MLE, if not all of it, on a switchy wing player that can defend quicker players. I know that there are a lot of Jazz fans hoping the MLE will get used on Derrick Favors or a Favors type, but I think the Jazz can get that kind of player for cheaper and that the greater need is wing defense.
    The greater need is a starting PF. Anything after that is gravy. No Favors!!!

https://saltcityhoops.com/jazz-draft...e-guards-rise/

some pg's at least but their length won't excite the Jazz

It mentions Conley in that article but if you trade Rudy you are tanking. Need to trade Conley, Bojan, Davis and Ingles too. Need to anyway but that's beside the point. Gather picks, young players and assets and hope Mitchell or someone can carry the team someday. I'd dump the coach and Lindsey to while I was cleaning house!

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...layoff-Chances

A package of highlited by Bojan/Ingles/Davis for Hunter or Collins and pick?

https://thejnotes.com/2020/10/27/uta...g-rudy-gobert/

Are you going to be able to replace that in free agency or the trade market? Maybe, but frankly, probably not.

maybe?

Gobert scores a perfectly fine 15 or so points per game over the last few years, but his offensive game is not anything like what jives with the NBA today. The Jazz were the most accurate 3-point shooting team in the league last season (38.0 percent) but attempted the 10th-most. If they could increase their attempted threes by just a few per game without sacrificing too much efficiency, it would make for a much more potent offense.

How about increasing the number of dunks by Rudy? It's the most effective shot in the league. Offense isn't their problem

Turner also has a big thing that Gobert doesnít ó A willingness to shoot the three and a halfway decent shot from range. Taking 4.0 3-pointers per game this year, Turner sank 34.4 percent of those shots.

weak on the boards. They going to get a PF to rebound? Turner was also better the season before last. Has he peaked at 24?

This is the last year of Gobertís deal, and heíll enter unrestricted free agency in the 2021 offseason. Given all the good things weíve covered on Gobert here ó his rim protecting, defensive anchoring, and rebounding abilities ó heís going to have some offers. These might be offers the Jazz donít want to or canít match.

they can match any offer. If he's smart he leaves and doesn't give them a chance to match. Not ever winning in Utah

The Jazz did blow a 3-1 lead in the first round of the postseason, but you canít exactly fault a team for a blown performance in 2020. Times were and are tough.

They had no PF. Lacked size. Lacked versatility. Lacked depth. Had 6 rookies. A coach that refuses to make changes. A front office that refuses to make the moves needed. I can fault them plenty