Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2020/2021? off season

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-free-ag...224700176.html

Has none of these guys going to the Jqzz. I don't think the Jazz necessarily need free agents. They do need a starting 4 though and there are a few on this list

Adrian Wojnarowski: Trade season begins Monday afternoon, sources tell ESPN. Teams were informed the NBA’s moratorium will end at noon ET and deals can begin to be consummated.
    – via Twitter wojespn

Tim Reynolds: Most NBA player/team option decisions have to be made Thursday by 3pm ET, source tells AP.
    – via Twitter ByTimReynolds

Adrian Wojnarowski: The NBA and NBPA have agreed that each side will have the right to terminate the Collective Bargaining Agreement following the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 seasons, sources tell ESPN. There was already a mutual option to terminate following 2022-2023 season.
    – via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: Tentative schedule December 22: Opening night. All-Star Break (minus an ASG): March 5-10 May 16: Regular season ends May 17-to-21: Play-in tournament for 7-to-10 seeds. May 22: First-round playoffs June 7: Conference semifinals June 22: Conference Finals July 8-22: NBA Finals
    – via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: Sources: $109.1M salary cap and $132.6M luxury tax for 2020-2021 season. Same as last season.
    – via Twitter wojespn

Adrian Wojnarowski: Sources: Projected future salary cap and tax. 2021-2022: $112.M and $136.6M; 2022-2023: $115.7M and $140M and 2023-2024: $119.2M and $144.9M
    – via Twitter wojespn

Let the fun begin! So have to decide on Niang by Thursday? If they want to throw his non guarantee into a deal now is the time!

So Rudy could go on the block after that?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Utah’s Zach Guthrie has agreed to join Dallas’ coaching staff as an assistant, source tells ESPN. He will replace Stephen Silas on Rick Carlisle’s staff.
    – via Twitter wojespn

They lose their strategy coach or whatever they call him. One of the new guys did the same thing for his old team so I guess he steps in to that role? A lot of changes to the staff this off season

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...zz-to-consider

Who the Jazz target on the free-agent market could largely be determined by their selection in the draft. For example, if they choose to take a bigger post player in the draft, it could lead to them targeting wings in free agency, or vice versa.

they should have nothing to do with each other

Coming off a $5.4 million contract with the Phoenix Suns and a 2019-20 season which was the best of his career, Aron Baynes is a player that is popularly discussed by Jazz fans as a free-agent target and one that I’ve written about before, for good reason.

and what good reason is that? Is he a starting PF? Next

The Jazz front office is fully aware of their defensive deficiencies and know that they need to beef things up. Once Rudy Gobert steps off the court, there is a precipitous decline and lackluster rim defense. Baynes can help there and then also add the element of being a stretch five, the type of player not currently on the Jazz roster.

they have bigger issues and Bradley is potentially a stretch 5 and only going to get better and best of all he's cheap so they can spend money on greater needs

If the Jazz are able to sign Baynes, it would be a huge boon for the team and would immediately calm concerns about the bench going forward.
    My concerns are starting 4, size, versatility, defense and depth. I like Baynes and if they can get him while answeing bigger needs great

Like I said, he wasn’t used a lot by the Raptors, and has yet to prove himself much, but the 27-year-old’s per-36 numbers from 2019-20 are super impressive; 18.1 points, 12.2 rebounds, 2.7 blocks, and he’s not afraid to shoot from deep. He’d be a little bit of a risky option but so was Ed Davis, and at least Boucher is young and still improving and a super-low risk financially.
    only thing risky about Davis was that they needed a 4 not a 5 and it was costly. Boucer can't shoot. Next

At first glance, this might be a signing that doesn’t make a ton of sense for the Jazz. Galloway is a 6-foot-1 guard who plays a lot of point. But the Jazz are also in need of someone who can speed around screens and fit the prototype of a 3-and-D wing. Galloway can give you that. He’s very quietly becoming a scrappy player that is as tough of a cover as he is a defender.

another small guard? Next

Harris is exactly the type of player the Jazz would love to have and is one of the best shooters in the league. While he isn’t the best defensively, he absolutely competes and has been known to stop a few people when it really counts.

offense isn't there problem. Next

It’s likely that the Jazz are going to let Emmanuel Mudiay walk in free agency. With that in mind, Harrison, who can handle the ball, run point, and play shooting guard (hitting 38% from beyond the arc) could be a really cheap answer to fill in the gaps on the lower end of the bench while still offering some upside.

Why is it likely? I'd think Mudiay would walk but if he wants to come back in the same role as last year at the right price I'd welcome him back. Certainly rather have him than Clarkson

This looks like a good pick up assuming they get a starting 4 first!

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2020/...on-oladipo/29/

I’m not sure where Utah will rank amongst contenders in the Western Conference next season (and a lot of that will depend on the continued development of Donovan Mitchell), but adding shooting and frontcourt depth is never a bad option in the offseason.

Having a starting PF is a great idea too!

Chris Haynes: Chicago Bulls forward Otto Porter Jr. is opting into his $28.4 million player option for the 2020-21 season, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
    – via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

for Bojan and change?

4. Next

Ian Begley: Arizona’s Nico Mannion says he’s had a Zoom interview with Brooklyn. No in-person workout for BKN or NYK. Mannion said the Raptors, Lakers and Jazz are among the teams he’s had in-person workouts with.
    – via Twitter IanBegley

hope he's better than his dad at least

dino arms. Next

Eric Walden: Zeke Nnaji isn’t lacking for confidence. Asked what his expectations are for this coming season, he replied (seriously): “My expectation is to win Rookie of the Year. People have always been underestimating me. I have a chip on my shoulder, and I’m eager to prove people wrong.”
    – via Twitter tribjazz

Eric Walden: Arizona’s Josh Green confirms he worked out for the Utah Jazz last week. Says he spoke with Joe Ingles around the time of the workout to get a sense of the org. After going out to dinner with front office, he came away impressed with the structure of the organization.
    – via Twitter tribjazz