Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westbrook

Default Re: Westbrook

Westbrook makes terrible decisions with the ball so often that in many games I'm not sure if his overall impact is really positive. That's always been my main quibble with Westbrook. However he is a competitor. Overall a very frustrating player to watch.

Very good NBA starter

Lebron realized he couldnt easily bully harden.. so hes really focused on taking westbrook out the game.

Funny thing is westbrook and lebron are legit friends.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    I'd include 2013 as well.

But, yep...it really has been a big drop. Shame because I lot of people think this is who he is always was...and that just isn't true. Like you said, he really was a legit great player.

He was rarely great in games/moments that mattered. In fact he was often a flat out detriment in such situations. Even when he was a statistically productive player, he was a low IQ player.

For me personally that means he wasn't great.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starface View Post
    He was rarely great in games/moments that mattered. In fact he was often a flat out detriment in such situations. Even when he was a statistically productive player, he was a low IQ player.

He's always had his flaws, but we might just have different definitions of great.

I think Russ often looks worse than he actually is because of the kind of plays he's prone to.

Also, like I always like to point out...this team had Chris Paul last year...basically the opposite of Russ...and they collapsed "playing the right way"...

I understand the criticism, but I just think Russ takes too much of it...especially in the past...he's going to be a first ball hall of famer...rightfully so...I personally think that is a fair standard for calling someone great. And a lot of the guys that you'd probably say are way better than him...spent most of their careers losing "playing the right way"...

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Dmavs is on a crusade to defend Westbrook because i called him out for saying Durant was on loaded teams his whole career. He thinks westbrick and shit role players = loaded

We all know that's not the case, even dmavs. But he's a weird **** and can't take being wrong on a bball message board. So he'll defend Westbrick... literally just because I called him out. He's that much of a loser

He's always had his flaws, but we might just have different definitions of great.

I think Russ often looks worse than he actually is because of the kind of plays he's prone to.

Also, like I always like to point out...this team had Chris Paul last year...basically the opposite of Russ...and they collapsed "playing the right way"...

I understand the criticism, but I just think Russ takes too much of it...especially in the past...he's going to be a first ball hall of famer...rightfully so...I personally think that is a fair standard for calling someone great. And a lot of the guys that you'd probably say are way better than him...spent most of their careers losing "playing the right way"...

Yeah, but that was because of the Rockets' other Big Game Choker ;)

Now they have two of them

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Dmavs is on a crusade to defend Westbrook because i called him out for saying Durant was on loaded teams his whole career. He thinks westbrick and shit role players = loaded

We all know that's not the case, even dmavs. But he's a weird **** and can't take being wrong on a bball message board. So he'll defend Westbrick... literally just because I called him out. He's that much of a loser
    I don't even know who you are. I've been defending Russ for a long time on here. You are not relevant.

Yeah, but that was because of the Rockets' other Big Game Choker ;)

Now they have two of them
    Ok, well, I'm not the biggest Harden guy, but he's another great player...one of the best ever.

Ok, well, I'm not the biggest Harden guy, but he's another great player...one of the best ever.

For sure. But as others in the thread have mentioned... there's low stakes great, and high stakes great.

Westbrook and Harden are great when the stakes are low, but notoriously BAD when stakes is high.

And I think that mitigates a lot of their greatness in some peoples minds. Myself included.

Actually its the opposite.

Russ was OKC's #1 player in big games in the 2014 and 2016 playoffs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Idk guys... I just watched 35 year old Chris Paul take this Rocket team to 7 and be very efficient in his role. Yea they needed him to be more "takeover" to beat the rockets, but lets say we swap current chris paul for westbrook on the rockets. Do you really think they lose last nights game? I dont think an argument could be made that they would. The shooters went nuts last night. Chris Paul will never have a game where he plays that bad. They should have never let him go. They'ed be title contenders in the bubble with chris paul this year. Covington is a HUGE addition. They didn't have him in 2019 playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Idk guys... I just watched 35 year old Chris Paul take this Rocket team to 7 and be very efficient in his role. Yea they needed him to be more "takeover" to beat the rockets, but lets say we swap current chris paul for westbrook on the rockets. Do you really think they lose last nights game? I dont think an argument could be made that they would. The shooters went nuts last night. Chris Paul will never have a game where he plays that bad. They should have never let him go. They'ed be title contenders in the bubble with chris paul this year. Covington is a HUGE addition.
    I agree they would be better with Paul, but they would likely lose...just like they did in the past.

I don't even know who you are. I've been defending Russ for a long time on here. You are not relevant.
    No you haven't. Now all of a sudden its your life's mission to tell everyone how good westbrick is.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    No you haven't. Now all of a sudden its your life's mission to tell everyone how good westbrick is.
    Again, I don't know how you are. You are not relevant for my reasons doing anything.

Again, I don't know how you are. You are not relevant for my reasons doing anything.
    Ok, keep lying. Its amusing. Keep hyping westbrick cause I called you out yesterday.

It doesnt matter if I'm relevant or not. It could've been anybody. You do the same shit every time you're wrong. You just cant stand being wrong, its really sad